NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points

India played a bit easy in the end allowing them space..defence didnt look to me in the end..Gouramangi looks  very lazy..his passes dont seem assured..impressed with what I saw of Lenny today..but I still wanted us to win 4-0 :)

• ashindiaashindia 9365 Points

Lenny improved a lot with little more muscle he can be a excellent midfield player

• mmj.mattmmj.matt 144 Points

Good show by the Indians especially in the 2nd half where they played a good possession football. On the other side I am terribly disappointed by the ground condition. If India plans to play the short passing game then they should seriously think about producing quality ground. Such ground condition won't help India's game style. 

About today's game, Chetri was really good whenever he had the ball. According to me he was not supplied with enough quality balls which would have made the scoreline more emphatic. It was a much better show from the defenders but the real test would be against Cameroon...

All in all a decent game.... Eagerly looking forward to the match against Cameroon...

Even Nirmal was good and so was mehtab and Francis.(actually everyone)

Robin if he can improve few things he too can be excellent

Really satisfied and happy great decision by AIFF in change of coach if Savio has any shame he should have learned a thing or two from Wim.

• mmj.mattmmj.matt 144 Points

> Ashlesh said:
    > awesome possession football if India strengthen  their defense we can beat Nepal 5-0 or may be even more 

Totally agree 

:)>-

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points

70 min onwards Maldives were all over India..v were just lobing d ball up n not initiating play from behind..defense again a problem.

• Excellent combination play struck up by Indian coaching staff, perfect system for Indian physique and capabilities. Raju had a good game barring a few mistakes, Mehtab excellent with defence, tackling and distribution, Nabi as well, Subrata Paul as usual.
    NEGATIVES
    Lenny Rodrigues needs to seriously work on snatching and defensive capabilities, also passing, he misses his team player as much as he finds them, he remains a major concern, an ABSOLUTE DUD of a player in the first half.
    Nirmal Chetri's distribution, way too many inaccurate long balls, less than the game against syria but still.

Everyone
    was good or excellent except Lenny and Nirmal. Lenny and Nirmal, IMHO
    can at best get a "fair" rating, if I am allowed to be liberal.

In fact Arthur Papas during the commentary pointed out deficiencies in Lenny's game which needs to be worked on.

Will post player stats excel file later tonight or early tomorrow morning.

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points

I want a 5-0 against Nepal..A lesson in humility for them :)

• projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited August 2012

This video is courtesy Anand Suren.