NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9365 Points

Lenny was not that good in first half but second half he turned it on.

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points

Denzil picked up totally unneccessary yellow :(

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Ronny said:
    > Denzil picked up totally unneccessary yellow :(

may be the excitement to get into action got over to him....forgivable given the performance our team showed every player would have been loving to be part of that 

• Nehru Cup India VS Maldives Player performance stats.

GLOSSARY OF TERMS
    FMps means Forced mispass, wherein the player had to mispass under pressure, primarily from opponent players
    UFMps means Unforced mispass wherein the player mispassed under no pressure whatsoever. This number is very cruci
    al towards understanding player performance, more so if the team formation is predominantly passing game keeping ball on the ground.
    WPMps means mispass due to wrong positioning of destination(pass expecting) player, rarely happens
    TBSFail means Tackling/Blocking/Snatching not attempted/failed, gives an estimate as to how a player is faring in defensive duties, how easily is he allowing the opponent's piercing runs towards the goalmouth only egregious ones noted. Understandably players in offence will have relatively smaller numbers compared to players with defensive duties.
    TBSSucc means successful TBSAtmpt
    SHAtmpt means Shooting/heading attempts
    SHSucc means successful SHAtmpt

• souravindiasouravindia 3663 Points

projenator..i have always liked your posts..always informative and insightful..

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

I read multiple match reports and all of them are praising Robin Singh heavily. I did not watch the match. Can anyone tell me how good was he?

Robin had the kind of debut where one wud say that he cud have done better..most of the time he cud not contribute to the team as he played lone striker and sunil dropped just behind him..he had one good chance with his left foot where he was under pressure from Maldivian defender and he shot straight at keeper..he knows he cud have scored there and what a start that wud have been for him.still Robin can be a goood second half sub against Nepal if we wud have already scored by then :) ..Also I saw Lenny in 2nd half and he was pretty decent..mehtab almost played like a defender, was good but sometimes in his over eagerness makes fouls which can lead to cards

• ashindiaashindia 9365 Points

somesh said:
    I read multiple match reports and all of them are praising Robin Singh heavily. I did not watch the match. Can anyone tell me how good was he?

The first 15 mins after he came on was super exciting he was very different kind of player and Maldives struggled to contain him as his huge figure was too much for them

Robin did well in sheilding,passing the ball but his first touch and positioning some times lets him down.His debut would have been memorable had he played with same enery he showed in first 15 mins.

Here is a video of 2nd half from 57 to 65 mins..You get to see Robin shielding well here but missing out on two chances due to positioning,anticipation and mabe speed..you also see some great passing from Lenny and Mehtab..its so obvious that an attacking player like Mehtaab was missing from the Indian team when the useless climax and gang were letting us down..

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Thanks a lot Ronny for sharing the video. These are the best 9 minutes of football I have seen from the Indian team. Now I am seriously angry with our Hathway cable which bonked. I hope someone has uploaded the second half.

Btw, I can see your assessment of Robin. He needs to have the positional sense that is vital fr a natural striker. May be he will learn, but with his stature, he is an assest. May be we could have had 2 strikers in Sunil and Robin. Seems Sunil had withdrawn after Robin came in.