NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• Wow. I dont know if its just me but that commentary that Novy did while broadcasting was the best I have heard from him in a while.

• Terp13Terp13 47 Points

The Cameroon team is really quick going forward and they are easily the best team in the tournament although I still want Syria in the finals and for that we have to beat Cameroon. They play well.

• Terp13Terp13 47 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Wow. I dont know if its just me but that commentary that Novy did while broadcasting was the best I have heard from him in a while.

Well that doesn't speak much since his commentating is so bad. In the match against maldives he said "Sunil Chetri Crosses and Sunil Chettri Scores!!!"

• Still. Give him credit where it is due.

I bet you NEO Sports goes through the internet for feedback and saw what people said and they talked to Novy because that was quality. 
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points

Damn Cameroon scored only 5 where they cud have scored 10 easily..anyways we wont do so bad against cameroon coz we have played similar teams before and we are confident..Nepal were really low on confidence,fitness..they cud not touch the ball in first half

• projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited August 2012

> somesh said:
    > Thanks a lot Ronny for sharing the video. These are the best 9 minutes of football I have seen from the Indian team. Now I am seriously angry with our Hathway cable which bonked. I hope someone has uploaded the second half.

Btw, I can see your assessment of Robin. He needs to have the positional sense that is vital fr a natural striker. May be he will learn, but with his stature, he is an assest. May be we could have had 2 strikers in Sunil and Robin. Seems Sunil had withdrawn after Robin came in.

More than the positional sense bit, I'd rather agree with Arthur Papas' comment that he was slackening off. I have seen Robin for almost two years and I know his tendencies very well.  Unless it comes to a situation where he is fighting for his place in the team, he tends to chill, act the "cool dude" and expects that balls be played to him rather than having to run for the ball.  Once he is competing with other players for a position in the team which Morgan makes him do in KEB, his effort is there to be seen, in every derby game he is all serious, even harassing GKs after they have fully collected the ball, getting into tiffs with Kinshuk (last year) to affect his concentration, the effort is clearly there.  In the CFL games or say a game against HAL in the I league, he is such an eyesore shooting unbelievably wide from easy positions, not to mention the other funny things he does. HE ALREADY THINKS OF HIMSELF A BIG MATCH PLAYER.  The sooner Wim realizes that he will have Robin compete with Manandeep for a place in the striking line up, the better will it be for Robin, the better will it be for the Indian national team.

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points

Video of 2nd half from 75th to 87th minute where we got a bit complacent I wud say

• projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited August 2012

Excellent video selection @Ronny ;

In the first minute of the above video ( around 00:30) Ali Ashfaq is allowed a free shot at the goal, Arthur Papas clearly points out within the box, players should mark their man, more importantly someone as sharp shooter as Ali Ashfaq is. TECHNICAL FAULT of Gourmangi, he should have covered Nirmal's absence then, and Mehtab should have dropped in for gourmangi's role, likewise for other players including Sunil who will have to help out in defence when one of the players is getting treated for injury off the field.