NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

I think the maldives scoreline is bit flattering for us. our defense in the right side caught napping so many times to ali's speed, but he did a poor job in finishing. Infact in the begining maldives had more chances. two matches 1 goal conceded is not the true picture of our defensive displays, which is very poor. You wont be that lucky always, and yes subrata covering and coming out of goal very well.

cameroon may have scored 5, but their finishing is not great, apart from the 4th goal all others were gifted by Nepali defenders, this gives me hope. but their transition from defence to offence is awesome, that speed will be a problem for us

• @rudra if you allow me to explain in a little more detail, if you observe carefully Subrata's initial movement right before Ali pulling the trigger, he keeps Ali guessing without committing himself on one particular side, that also made Ali somewhat indecisive.

• > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Wow. I dont know if its just me but that commentary that Novy did while broadcasting was the best I have heard from him in a while.

he is still making mistakes....didnt realise that it was a penalty until the ball was placed for the spot kick.....also called sanju 'sikkimise sniper' .... no offence but this adjective is for bhaichung only

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Maldives vs Syria Update:

"Dekho Baarish ho rahi hai..Its Raining Its Raining"
  • Speaking of Baichung... apparently me and another wikipedia editor started doing research on Bhutia and we found that Baichung only has 30 goals in his 15 year career. I mean Sunil Chhetri has 36 in 7 years. So.....

Bhaichung has 45 International goals as far as I heard..not sure though..but its in 40s definitely 

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points

Novy's commentary was still shitty..he couldnt read the players names

• > somesh said:
    > Bhaichung has 45 International goals as far as I heard..not sure though..but its in 40s definitely 

From the research me and this guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Banana_Fingers) did it is indeed exactly 30. It may be more because one of the sources (national-football-teams.com) skips some results from 2008 (Sunil has 61 caps, not 60). Also the Afro-Asian games (in which Baichung scored twice) do not count as they were not FIFA recognized. Also if you go through every game from 1990-1995 on RSSSF you will see how much Baichung really has. 
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    edited August 2012

bhaichung has scored over 40 goals but asian games goals are not included thats why its 30.....in fifa website also one article states that he has 43 goals..............

read :a new look

wth happening? India beat both Syria and Maldives. Maldives looked weaker than Syria who drew Cameroon and now gets beaten by Maldives!! I guess its the rain