NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• StrikerStriker 107 Points
    edited July 2012
    maybe they r gunna announce the teams the day before the tournament lol
  • Striker wrote: »
    maybe they r gunna announce the teams the day before the tournament lol

<br><div><br></div><div>Would not surprise me. Right now I bet they have 2 teams done and just need 2 more teams to confirm. It must be tough to organize this useless tournament.</div><div><br></div><div>BTW (Sorry @Admin) I cam across this tournament held in Japan called the Kirin Cup. It is organized by the Japanese Football Federation. I find the tournament as the best way to run the Nehru Cup. It is only 2 games long per team but both matches are during the FIFA Match Days... We invite two other teams and play each one once during a FIFA week. All the matches are in India at a specific venue.</div><div><br></div><div>There would be 3 games total. 2 of which involve India and the other between the two teams themselves. I feel this is better because 1) It can be organized during FIFA Weeks which means teams would bring there first team. and B) We get some FIFA points if we win.</div>
  • Kirin cup is a great tournament and Japan invites top quality teams. I remember they invited Uruguay one year. <div>I wish India at least played the games on FIFA match days and also that the games were spread out in different venues across India. I remember in the recently concluded <span style="font-size: 10pt; ">SAFF championship by the end </span><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">the pitch on the Nehru stadium became patched unlike in the beginning when it was uniform. I think they should have simultaneous match days in Delhi, Kolkata and Chennai and India has to play in all three of these venues. Otherwise the NT does not play in other parts of the country. I think the 5 team format is good because we get to play different kinds of teams but the should have had it earlier in the summer instead of so late when league matches around the world have started.</span></div>
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    Exactly 1 month left for Nehru Cup 2012.<div><br></div><div>1. Which teams are playing?  DONT KNOW</div><div><br></div><div>2. Who is broadcasting? DONT KNOW</div><div><br></div><div>3. Who are the sponsors? NONE YET</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    <b>BROADCAST UPDATE: </b>Ten Action will be producing and telecasting Nehru Cup 2012. They are currently airing ad featuring Sunil Chhetri.<div><br></div><div>Its a good move. Once the promotions start, the sponsors will be willing to associate. But AIFF seriously needs to finalize the teams participating in it.</div>
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Spain,Portugal,Germany,Netherlands,India =))<br>Our U22 team will beat them all lol<br>
  • somesh wrote: »
    <b>BROADCAST UPDATE: </b>Ten Action will be producing and telecasting Nehru Cup 2012. They are currently airing ad featuring Sunil Chhetri.<div><br></div><div>Its a good move. Once the promotions start, the sponsors will be willing to associate. But AIFF seriously needs to finalize the teams participating in it.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Excellent news! Hopefully this will give us a hint of who is broadcasting I-League as well.</div>
  • StrikerStriker 107 Points
    edited July 2012
    Will Sunil Chhetri play in the Nehru Cup? cuz isnt he playing for a B club in portugal at the time, or will they allow him?
  • Well, he's in the probables list but I would actually prefer he try to get settled over there than come play for India. I would like to see a Jeje and Robin Singh partnership for India as well. I would think it would be too unsettling for him to come back so soon but he wants to help his country so he will probably come back.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    Admin wrote: »
    Exactly 1 month left for Nehru Cup 2012.<div><br></div><div>1. Which teams are playing?  DONT KNOW</div><div><br></div><div>2. Who is broadcasting? DONT KNOW</div><div><br></div><div>3. Who are the sponsors? NONE YET</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

<br><br>You have summarised it quite well...!!!<br>