NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    edited July 2012
    Well, he's in the probables list but I would actually prefer he try to get settled over there than come play for India. I would like to see a Jeje and Robin Singh partnership for India as well. I would think it would be too unsettling for him to come back so soon but he wants to help his country so he will probably come back.

<br>The poblem is Jeje and Robin wont be able to score at all against technically better teams<br>
  • Ronny wrote: »
    Well, he's in the probables list but I would actually prefer he try to get settled over there than come play for India. I would like to see a Jeje and Robin Singh partnership for India as well. I would think it would be too unsettling for him to come back so soon but he wants to help his country so he will probably come back.

<br>The poblem is Jeje and Robin wont be able to score at all against technically better teams<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>+ Robin is overrated. </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>All teams invited are technically better than us except Maldives and Afghanistan. </div><div>If we never tried this combination how do we know they won't be able to score? Also we don't have that many more options in the striking department. We can teach players skills and work on their technical department but we can't give them physicality. Robin is one of the tallest strikers (taller than Abhishek Yadav) that India has called up and unlike our previous tall strikers he has good scoring ability from the ground as well as the air. He will bring another dimension to our attack because he can be our go to guy when we cross. Neither Chettri nor Jeje can score from high crosses but I've seen Robin do it with EB. He is skillful as well. Plus he is only 22. If he gets some playing time with the NT now, I think it will only benefit both of us. Don't be surprised if he becomes a regular in the NT. Sushil has good shooting ability and is technically good but he is thin and needs to work on his physique while I don't know much about Manandeep. Anyone know what's going on with CS Sabeeth? Once we start playing these big middle eastern teams I expect more Jeje and Robin while Sunil and Sushil combo can work well against teams from east asia. Another great combo that balances both aspects is Sunil and Robin while the other is Sushil and Jeje. I want to see a healthy competition among these 4 strikers and in another 2 years I want Manandeep and Sabeeth entering this mix as well.</div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    @<;span class="Author"><a href="http://indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/profile/3191/aamirakram_19">aamirakram_19</a>;   Personally i fell Robin has so far flattered to deceive....yes he has all the right height physique, but i am not 2 sure on his temperament and striker "skills".<br><br>To be fair to him , perhaps he needs a stint in the national team to really fire up..let hope he does and we will add another player to our striker's pool<br><br>CS sabeeth is d enigma..i sure hope he performs..i feel he has not been given the chance at the national level..<br><br>Maybe under a fair professional and motivational coach robin manandeep,  sabeeth will outgrow their shells and shw us their true potential.<br></span>
    Robin I feel has more potential than Manandeep,sushil and sabeeth..all these guys are ordinary..if Robin can overcome his poor temperament and become dedicated then I feel he has lot more to offer to the national team than these guys..<br>
    Robin I feel has more potential than Manandeep,sushil and sabeeth..all these guys are ordinary..if Robin can overcome his poor temperament and become dedicated then I feel he has lot more to offer to the national team than these guys..<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Now that is a proper response. Been waiting. I agree about that. Robin just needs to fix himself mentally and increase his work rate and then he could be a beast but for now... I dont see it.</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    my main worry with our national team is our defense line up......gourmangi is hardly impressive in last season, raju is ok and will we a pure right back??nirmal is ok but not good enough to do that role in a attacking tactic which is likely to be implemented....we need an indian version of lahm in right wing desperately
  • jees_josejees_jose 210 Points
    aid:<div class="QuoteText"><p>Robin
    I feel has more potential than Manandeep,sushil and sabeeth..all these
    guys are ordinary..if Robin can overcome his poor temperament and become
    dedicated then I feel he has lot more to offer to the national team
    than these guys..<br></p></div><br><br><br><div><br></div><div>Now
    that is a proper response. Been waiting. I agree about that. Robin just
    needs to fix himself mentally and increase his work rate and then he
    could be a beast but for now... I dont see it.<br><br>True . never say over rated. I have seen him scoring goals other INdia strikers, not even Sunil can. Yes, I think he has an attitude issue. Needs to work on that. <br></div>
    On the basis of current form to be honest Gouramangi should only play as a second half sub in the national team..Raju's game has gone down maybe due to injury and lack of match practice..he can still make a good comeback but needs to avoid reckless tackles..about time Rowilson and Denzil be given proper chances..they are deserving players..am hoping Gurjinder will also learn from his international exposure and become a better player<br>
    Robin I feel has more potential than Manandeep,sushil and sabeeth..all these guys are ordinary..if Robin can overcome his poor temperament and become dedicated then I feel he has lot more to offer to the national team than these guys..<BR>
    <BR>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV>Now that is a proper response. Been waiting. I agree about that. Robin just needs to fix himself mentally and increase his work rate and then he could be a beast but for now... I dont see it.</DIV>
    <P>
    <BR></P>
    <P>I agree with this statement as well. I also think he needs to improve his work rate if wants to become a quality striker in the line up.</P>