NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

I think the selection of 3 strikers indicate the use of lone striker formation. In the arrows' practice match, all three strikers got chance but at a given time no two strikers were there. 

• jees_josejees_jose 210 Points

So wait until the 22nd and see what happens. Syria is a very decent team. Much better than India. So, we will see how everything works in a couple of days.

• Honestly I wont care if India win or not. Should it matter? The thing that matters is India's new chapter with a new coach who at the moment seems mentally strong enough to even dismiss Jeje Lalpekhlua. He is trying to implement a new style into this team and honestly I dont see India being able to pull it off straight away. 2nd or 3rd.

• sabirsabir 46 Points

Dont know why so much fuss about Jeje's exclusion. As per India today report, the coach had to dropped Jeje as he has not fully fit. But, India will miss Lalrindika who is out because of injury. At present he is better than Anthony or Miranda (he can swith between flankss)

• > sabir said:
    > Dont know why so much fuss about Jeje's exclusion. As per India today report, the coach had to dropped Jeje as he has not fully fit. But, India will miss Lalrindika who is out because of injury. At present he is better than Anthony or Miranda (he can swith between flankss)

If your talking about my last comment then what I meant was that even if say Savio was coach I bet he would have still choose Jeje as Jeje is proven at international level, regardless of his current condition. Wim however dropped him as well as Sushil which is a first for all coaches (probably a Savio choice).
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points

> sabir said:
    > Dont know why so much fuss about Jeje's exclusion. As per India today report, the coach had to dropped Jeje as he has not fully fit. But, India will miss Lalrindika who is out because of injury. At present he is better than Anthony or Miranda (he can swith between flankss)

Fitness was not the only reason. As per sources, Jeje did not impress Wim much either. In any case, it is a good sign. We should keep faith in Wim's selection and this only goes to show that no one can take his place in the team for granted
  • sabirsabir 46 Points

Jeje's greatest asset is his agility. Now, if he is not fully fit it is bit tough for him to impress the coach. I dont think the coach has not seen old videos. He is a great talent.

@ arsenalkid...no, I am actually agree with you. It is a good sign that the coach is going for present form and fitness rather than name. I just tried to mean that we should not be worried about Jeje. He is not going to be lost. Once fit, he will be an automatic choice. Now, it is interesting how Manandeep and Robin utilise this opportunity.

• finally robin, gurwinder and sanju in the squad...... very happy for sanju coz he is a gr8 talent (should have been in india squad a lot earlier)..... time for robin and gurwinder to prove their potential........as for the other debutant ALWYN , it will be a treat for us to watch this HIGHLY RATED TALENT live in action

• also the squad is very young....average age 25..... oldest players @30 yrs anthony and clifford