NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• > projenator said:
    > Not sure how much Jeje's exclusion has to do with injury, Bengali daily Bartaman found out from the camp that Wim did not consider Jeje and milan singh even for the practice games, no wonder the logical conclusion was that they were sure to be dropped from the final 20

http://www.bartamanpatrika.com/content/sports.htm

The same damn paper that said that Sunil pissed off Wim for not picking up phone calls. I will go with injury than that, unless a creditable source comes out. We all seen what Jeje can do live and on paper. I mean I have seen Robin Singh and I wonder how he goes in over Jeje. I mean Jeje was always trusted by coaches, even Arthur Papas who did nothing but praise Jeje (and honestly I almost rate Papas the same as Wim when it comes to coaching).

What did Jeje do. Did Jeje not sign for some Bengali team and is this some smack about Milan Singh for his performance with EB.
  • > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > projenator said:
    > > Not sure how much Jeje's exclusion has to do with injury, Bengali daily Bartaman found out from the camp that Wim did not consider Jeje and milan singh even for the practice games, no wonder the logical conclusion was that they were sure to be dropped from the final 20

>
    >

The same damn paper that said that Sunil pissed off Wim for not picking up phone calls. I will go with injury than that, unless a creditable source comes out. We all seen what Jeje can do live and on paper. I mean I have seen Robin Singh and I wonder how he goes in over Jeje. I mean Jeje was always trusted by coaches, even Arthur Papas who did nothing but praise Jeje (and honestly I almost rate Papas the same as Wim when it comes to coaching).

What did Jeje do. Did Jeje not sign for some Bengali team and is this some smack about Milan Singh for his performance with EB.

@admin If this is not parochial non sense, what is ? Not sure why a select few gets away with non sense repeatedly on this forum

• > projenator said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > projenator said:
    > > > Not sure how much Jeje's exclusion has to do with injury, Bengali daily Bartaman found out from the camp that Wim did not consider Jeje and milan singh even for the practice games, no wonder the logical conclusion was that they were sure to be dropped from the final 20

> >
    > >

@admin If this is not parochial non sense, what is ? Not sure why a select few gets away with non sense repeatedly on this forum

>
    >

How is this nonsense. I am giving an opinion. Yes the Bengali comment was off but I still have suspicions over Bengali, Goan, and South Indian papers. For example many transfers that were said in Bengali papers I put on wiki have been proven wrong since. I have to go through it all again. As for this, I am sorry I just dont agree that Wim does not think of Jeje like that. I think that paper is reporting nonsense. 
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

I had seen Lenny practicing in bangalore, so he was called. Maybe he was called later and so not seen in the list. So, Wim has seen him, he also played in first XI against Arrows, showing Wim likes him. jeje maybe slightly injured but also the fact is he failed to impress Wim, probably because he is unable to give 100%

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> projenator said:
    > Realistically Francis will be there instead of Jewel in the starting eleven, that's what the trend was in practice games with Jewel replacing Francis around the 70th minute.  Jewel might fit into a more defensive formation, Francis in a more attacking one. Francis brings a lot more flair in offence with his speed and off the ball piercing runs.

This time francis and Alwyn are playing in the same spot...the attacking midfielder spot
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

The main reason for Jeje's exclusion is not injury, but it is true that he is not 100% fit. This is certain (not my personal opinion but a fact)

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

I guessed so. Jeje had been performing below his capabilities. May be he needs some time off to recover from injury and also get back the hunger. His exclusion shows that Wim has got the bones to kick out anyone. This creates huge competition in the team motivating everyone to give their best.

I am pretty happy with this team. If you guys haven't noticed, Joaquim Abranches has also been shown the door n Sushil the Star was not even called!
  • > rudra said:
    > The main reason for Jeje's exclusion is not injury, but it is true that he is not 100% fit. This is certain (not my personal opinion but a fact)

Okay, thats more believable. So one good season with Pune FC. Lets go.
  • Terp13Terp13 47 Points

This is a good team selection overall. Still not sure what Anthony Perreira is doing but better than any team I have seen. 

My Starting XI (4-3-1-2) for the game against Syria would be:
    Subrata Pal

Nirmal Chetri Gouramangi Singh Gurwinder Singh Syed Rahim Nabi

Francis Fernandes Mehtab Hossain Sanju Pradhan

Alwyn George

Robin Singh    Sunil Chetri

I would give the captain's armband to either Subrata or Mehtab while making the other the vice captain.