Wim Koevermans

Comments

• sanvedjadhavsanvedjadhav 1096 Points
    edited July 2012
    wer is he right now?<br>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    i guess he will be back in india from Oman..<br>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Wim and Rob Baan will be back in India. The India camp starts from 1st August. Before that he will shortlist 25 players. He has indicated that a lot of players will be from U22 camp and rejected the 40-member list of Savio<div><br></div><div>Papas however has gone back to Australia and will be back in some time</div>
  • Arshak, according to the article, Wim took over last Sunday.
  • Arshak, according to the article, Wim took over last Sunday.

<br><div><br></div><div>Technically yes, it began 1 July.</div><div><br></div><div>Well actually it began 23 June if you count his visit to Oman to watch India U22.</div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    Does will koverman have a fb account..... i hope he will also be fb friendly like papas ..witth papa we were not starved for.interaction. wonder how it will play out with wim
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points

Its important to defend aggressively too: Wim 

Abhishek Ganguly | TNN 

Jamshedpur: National football coach Wim Koevermans,who guided the Men in Blue to Nehru Cup victory earlier this month,is here to watch a few matches of the 34th Federation Cup before heading to Siliguri on Saturday,spoke to TOI about his early impressions of the national team and Indian football in general.Excerpts 

Your first assignment the Nehru Cup was a grand success.Tell us about your overall experience so far.

So far,so good.I got to know the boys during a five-week training camp.Winning the trophy was a great result and I have enjoyed the experience thoroughly.

What has impressed you about the Indian players and what are the areas that need more attention 

Right from the beginning,I have stressed on a playing style that suits the boys.They are quick,agile and good on the ball.We need to continue doing that and develop further.They now know that whenever they report for national duty,this is how they will have to play.Keeping the ball is important thing,but it is equally important to defend aggressively --- win the ball back quickly and frustrate the other team.

• ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited September 2012

What is the way forward for the national team 

The most important thing is that the national team needs to play as much as possible because that is how you improve.We need to utilize the Fifa friendly dates.We will be playing an away match against Singapore in October and we are also trying to schedule something (sic) in November.Whenever we can,we need to play against good opponents.

What should be the role of clubs 

I have not seen much of I-League,so I cant really comment about it right now.But,I want to maintain good relations with the clubs.I have spoken to a few coaches briefly.Right now they are busy with the Fed Cup.I am planning to meet all I-League club coaches later this year and hold detailed discussions with them.

How crucial will be the role of AIFF-Fifa regional academies that are coming up in India 

Academy is where you bring the best talents together.There is a great philosophy behind it: The best with the best and against the best.Only when the best players train and compete against each other,you get the best results.I will also visit these academies from time to time.

• RonnyRonny 10450 Points

The 31-member list stays as follows:

Goalkeepers:
    Subrata Pal (Prayag United); Karanjit Singh
    (Salgaocar SC); Subhasish Roychowdhury (Dempo SC); Arindam Bhattacharya
    (Mohun Bagan).

Defenders: Nirmal Chhetri, Syed Rahim Nabi, Khelemba
    Meetei (all Mohun Bagan); Gouramangi Singh (Prayag United); Raju
    Gaikwad, Gurwinder Singh (both East Bengal); Denzil Franco (Churchill
    Brothers); Mohanraj (Pune FC); Shouvik Ghosh (Pailan Arrows); Prateek
    Chowdhary, Mohanraj Pradeep (both Air India).

Midfielders: Anthony Pereira, Clifford Miranda, Romeo
    Fernandes (all Dempo SC); Mehtab Hossain, Sanju Pradhan (both East
    Bengal); Jewel Raja Shaikh (Mohun Bagan); Alwyn George (Pailan Arrows);
    Lenny Rodrigues (Churchill Brothers); Francisco Fernandes, Rocus Lamhare
    (both Salgaocar SC); Lalrindika Ralte (East Bengal).

Forwards: Manandeep Singh, Robin Singh (both East
    Bengal); Sunil Chhetri (Sporting Lisbon); Joaquim Fernandes (Dempo SC),
    Jeje Lalpekhlua (Pune FC).

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

"Matches(I-league) should be held in evening for players` comfort. I-league is on the right track but further requires further developments, the AIFF is trying,"

"I am happy that players are playing that style(Passing football) and clubs employing also that. I am also happy with my support staff,"

"Rankings improve that way and we should play more such matches(Playing matches on FIFA dates) and not just Nehru Cup. That will also help Indian football."

"With players playing for different teams in I-league, it will take some time to settle(His style of play) down, they are all professionals."

• Wim Koevermans