Wim Koevermans

Comments

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points

> Joyptan said:
    > "Matches(I-league) should be held in evening for players` comfort. I-league is on the right track but further requires further developments, the AIFF is trying,"
    >
    >
    > "I am happy that players are playing that style(Passing football) and clubs employing also that. I am also happy with my support staff,"
    >
    >
    > "Rankings improve that way and we should play more such matches(Playing matches on FIFA dates) and not just Nehru Cup. That will also help Indian football."
    >
    >
    > "With players playing for different teams in I-league, it will take some time to settle(His style of play) down, they are all professionals."
    >
    > - Wim Koevermans

this is something a indian football afficianado already knows..but its good to come out from teh horses mouth....

"further developments " these 2 words are key...furtehr improvemnt of football depends on these 2 words...when will this happen?... IMG- AIFF had a postive ring to it..but at present things stand  dead in d water

• so many expectations we had from a dutchman...all in. troubled waters..

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points

> indian_gooner said:
    > so many expectations we had from a dutchman...all in. troubled waters..
    >

its not always coach fault most of indian forwards think they are ronaldo/messi and dont listen to coaches advice/tactics

• preetampreetam 870 Points

@samiam ;

WHOM U R REFERIN TO????which frwd player
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points

> preetam said:
    > @samiam ;

WHOM U R REFERIN TO????which frwd player

not any player in general but if you played football under a coach you will understand

• preetampreetam 870 Points

its wim tactics only which leads to failure..... but still i've faith in him....may be in next match his sense will prevail...

• Terp13Terp13 47 Points

Remember Houghton always had like 3 week long camps before these games to prepare his team but Wim didn't have that opportunity this time for some reason. The players lacked the stamina to play 3 straight games and Wim could not do anything about that. I have more faith in the Wim and Baan duo than I had in Houghton although Houghton was a good coach. Houghton also had Bhutia and Wim doesn't have anyone of that caliber yet. Lot of factors to look at.

• > Terp13 said:
    > Remember Houghton always had like 3 wee
    k long camps before these games to prepare his team but Wim didn't have that opportunity this time for some reason. The players lacked the stamina to play 3 straight games and Wim could not do anything about that. I have more faith in the Wim and Baan duo than I had in Houghton although Houghton was a good coach. Houghton also had Bhutia and Wim doesn't have anyone of that caliber yet. Lot of factors to look at.

The problem is not the stamina or the training camp. In fact it did not matter how long we had. Overall we had the quality to beat all 3 teams in our group with ease. What killed us off was the team selection. Top performers like CK Vineeth, Lalkamal were benched along with Jeje Lalpekhlua, and Syed Nabi. Arnab Mondal was injured. Guys like Lenny Rodrigues started as well as Gouramangi and Raju Gaikwad. Raju Gaikwad was not even a starter at East Bengal.

So yes, it was Wim's fault for the defeat. His squad selection was bold and a failure. However I am willing to give him time to change it. 
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points

Typical asian excuse..stamina!!! What the hell..they play an 8month season in such hard conditions..state leagues n many cups..lacking stamina shud be last on the concern list.

The system didnt click perhaps and wrong selection. Simple as.

• > Shah476 said:
    > Typical asian excuse..stamina!!! What the hell..they play an 8month season in such hard conditions..state leagues n many cups..lacking stamina shud be last on the concern list.
    >
    > The system didnt click perhaps and wrong selection. Simple as.

Exactly. Of course though the excuses will never end. People are even going to blame the AFC for the horrible format. Yes, the format is horrible but that is no excuse. India lost, fair and square. We did not go in to the qualifiers with the best squad.

Hopefully this can be a wake-up call and now we see some massive reforms in Indian football. We need a change.