2012 Federation Cup

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    >

WOW!!!!!! I knew it was bad but this bad. I even play on a better field than this and I am in the u18 level! These are pros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I smell a revolt soon. The IPFCA going to FIFA and creating a new federation. 

forgot abt u18...a guy ffrom Jamshedpur tweet me that even local school teams wont play in Keenan

about Houghton's interview - Kickoff Asia has published, not much on AIFF vs Houghton though!
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> somesh said:
    > Why Indian Football is not on TV: THE REAL STORY

OMG!!! this is called real journalism! Take a bow!
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

Dempo's assistant coach Mauricio Afonso and Lajong coach Desmond Bulpin revealed later that they had requested match commissioner AK Mamukoya to put off the match, but he did not agree. "I am happy with the result, but not about the game. The AIFF should send some observers to see what's going on," said Afonso.

• Looking at the ground pics, I felted disgusted and sorry for the people. But, I was just wondering how much bad was Ranchi pitch, so AIFF has to shift the venue. Wake up AIFF. 

People will be against me but I feel IPL like tournament or good major tournament (U-17 world cup, though skeptical now about successful bidding) is badly needed to bring up the infrastructure. Feel sorry for the clubs who invest a lot and made to loose only because of slackness of AIFF. Even GFA or IFA is much better than AIFF.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

> rudra said:
    > > somesh said:
    > > Why Indian Football is not on TV: THE REAL STORY

>
    >

OMG!!! this is called real journalism! Take a bow!

Thanks. Its a sad story though

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

Check this article -

Lajong FC coach Desmond Bulpin felt it ‘was a waste of time’.
    Three teams — Dempo, Lajong FC and Arrows — pushed for the matches to be called off. Mumbai FC agreed too but the match commissioners didn’t budge

“I just asked the boys to clear the ball as high and as far as possible since I feared they might get injured,” said Bulpin. But the teams couldn’t avoid them entirely, especially with tackles flying everywhere.

Most serious among them was Arrows defender Prathamesh Maulingkar who lost a tooth.

• > reddevil87 said:
    > Looking at the ground pics, I felted disgusted and sorry for the people. But, I was just wondering how much bad was Ranchi pitch, so AIFF has to shift the venue. Wake up AIFF. 

People will be against me but I feel IPL like tournament or good major tournament (U-17 world cup, though skeptical now about successful bidding) is badly needed to bring up the infrastructure. Feel sorry for the clubs who invest a lot and made to loose only because of slackness of AIFF. Even GFA or IFA is much better than AIFF.

True. Honestly if IMG were to make the following changes to the IMG League I would be okay with it taking over for I-League...

1) Have the current I-League owners have 1st bids for franchises.
    2) Have only 2 teams per state max.
    3) Make 2 Kolkata franchises and name them East Bengal and Mohun Bagan so we can continue the tradition of the two most memorable clubs in the world. Have the new owners buy out the current ones.
    4) Make the league 7-months long and at least 18 games long with play-offs (THIS IS A MAJOR THING).
    5) Dont use retired oldies as major foreigners. Use old players like Mikel Ballack, Robbie Fowler etc to do the Major Players.
    6) Allow an extra spot for the foreigners from the I-League like James Moga, Ranti Martins, Odafa, Tolgay, Carlos Hernandez etc. You know... players that the Indian football fans know.
    7) NO COMPANY NAMES!
    8) Roster rules like 25 players per team, this number must be homegrown, this number is foreign etc.
    9) Salary Cap.
    10) A 5-7 month IMG U20 League which also features TATA, SESA etc.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

looks like indian football is taking lot of shit due to IMG maybe intentionally trashing known cups so they can show how they can manage when they host football ipl

• Okay, I will be honest here. When IMG initially announced plans to start a league like this and news leaked of what it would be I was actually quite intrigued. Obviously I was pissed at the format and the players they thought were "World Stars" (Who knew this Jay-Jay before this league other than Bolton) but I was happy with what they visioned. They had ideas but again they obviously missed out on the I-League and the IPFCA.

Again I think what needs to happen now is not to schedule these weird tournaments, not to schedule these international friendlies, and not to start the I-League because we are not ready. I have for a long time looked at Australia as an example of how they reformed in 2003-2004-2005. How they saw what was wrong and took positive action. They disbanded the NSL and took 1-year hiatus and started the A-League. A league which can be considered one the top 5 in Asia and that in only 7 years. Today they attract the likes of Allesandro Del Pirlo, Emile Heskey and Mikel Ballack. They also changed there name from Soccer Australia to the Football Federation of Australia (FFA) and got smart guys like Baan in and look at them now, they went into AFC, they are now in the EAFF. They were in the Final of the 2011 AFC Asian Cup and beat Germany last year. 

I believe our direction is there. My suggestion right now (and it will be met with criticism) is to stop this madness going on off the field. We are about to host the U17 World Cup in 2017 and we dont even have proper stadiums in place for domestic football. The problem is rested with the off-field matters. Who has the power, the AIFF, IMG or the I-League.

I have always called for no pro/rel, expansion, no Santosh Trophy etc but forget about it now, I am now calling for and only calling for a hiatus of all nation-wide football activity in India for 1 year so we can focus our attention on the off-field matters and the off-field matters only! Until this is done I dont see the situation being fixed. Action is needed, the people not pulling there weight need to be known, the people trying need to be heard. The fans need to be informed and the coaches should not feel like they will be killed for a whisper of disrespect to the federation. This has gone on long enough and now action is needed or we shall be minnows for the rest of our lives and our children's lives and going on. A resolution is needed today, not tomorrow, not in a few years but today!
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Tolgay is injured and out for 2 weeks according to Bartaman Patrika