Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited April 2012
    <b><font size="5">India's future is in football academies: Rob Baan</font></b><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; "><div>NEW DELHI: Rob Baan faces the unenviable task of taking a sport back to the basics in a country where it is rapidly losing touch with its roots. The answer, he firmly believes, lies in the regional academies that the All India Football Federation has entrusted him with visualizing and setting in motion. </div><div><br></div><div>In early May, Mumbai's Father Agnel School will be the first under-14 academy under AIFF's ambitious national academy plans. "You can't build a build a top without a base," said the 68-year-old Dutchman on the sidelines of the second coaches' workshop that started on Friday. </div><div><br></div><div>Having travelled most of the country scouting for players and coaches since his appointment on Nov 1 last year, the All India Football Federation technical director says he is now in a situation with enough information to produce a master plan and present it to the federation in a month's time. </div><div><br></div><div>Currently being held in the Capital, the aim of the workshop is to have the state associations send their A and B licence coaches to interact with Baan as he narrows down his list for coaches for the regional academies. </div><div><br></div><div>Also present, under Baan's invitation, was Arthur Pappas, youth team coach from Australia. Baan pointed out three areas that would find focus in his master plan to take Indian football forward - coaches education, grassroot development and youth development. And he is advocating patience. "All this cannot happen in one day," he said. </div><div><br></div><div>He is convinced the future lies in academies. "Yesterday, I had a father ask me where he could take his son since he was thought to be talented. It's a good sign that there are choices for him. If the federation has academies and then there are private academies, they compete among each other and that is healthy." </div><div><br></div><div>Baan will also help find a national coach for the senior team, with current coach Savio Medeira's contract expiring on May 31. "We will have to evaluate Savio's report, talk to him and then decide the future process. It is for us to understand whether we need a coach like Mourinho or someone like Arsene Wenger," he said. </div><div><br></div><div>A step in this regard is the forthcoming U-22 Asian Cup qualifiers in June and it is likely, "This is a generation of players who have a new bridge to become national players," said Baan, indicating that the man in charge of this squad, if found suitable, could end up coach of the senior team too.</div></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; ">____________________________________________________________________</div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; ">I agree with Baan on this that our future is in the u14 Academies BUT where do they go after they dont get a chance at the Elite Academy. Almost 90% of the kids wont make it to the Elite Academy. So where do they go again?</div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; "><span style="font-weight: normal; ">I think that at the meeting next week and meeting next month Baan needs to </span><b>urge</b><span style="font-weight: normal; "> the All India Football Federation to </span><b>FORCE</b> the I-League clubs to form a good u19 and u17 Academy along the lines of Pune FC and he needs to urge the I-League owners and AIFF to create a better youth league. </div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; ">Right now with the current format most of the teams in the I-League U20 will only play 3 matches. 3 MATCHES! We need a league that is a mix of the A-League NYL and Premier League Academy. I will explain this on a new thread but this needs to be done and said by Baan.</div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; ">Also I like the idea that the under-22 coach will most likely be the senior coach. It will give the coach the chance to work with the u22's and maybe when he coaches the Senior team he will select mainly the good u22 players.</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Is arthur pappas gonna be our u-22 coach??any idea about his qualifications??<div><br></div><div>It is glad to know that both u-22 and senior team might end up having same coach</div><div><br></div><div>For one question of what type of coach do we need...the ans is we need a coach who coud groom talent like arsene wenger than a mourinho type tacticians as we indians are not good enough in tactical knowledge to implement it to the best</div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    edited April 2012
    <b style="font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; ">About Arthur Papas -</b><div><p style="font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 163px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 18px; color: rgb(67, 67, 67); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br>NEWCASTLE Jets have headhunted Melbourne Heart youth coach Arthur Pappas.<br><br>The ambitious young tactician will join the Jets this week, becoming Gary van Egmond's second senior assistant and youth team coach.</p><p style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 163px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 18px; color: rgb(67, 67, 67); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Pappas, 31, was appointed as John Aloisi's youth team assistant at the start of the season but jumped at the chance to rejoin van Egmond after working with him at the AIS.<br><br>"Arthur goes to the Jets with our full blessing and we wish him the best of luck," Heart football chief John Didulica said.</p><p style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 163px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 18px; color: rgb(67, 67, 67); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Pappas most recently coached Oakleigh Cannons and was named coach of the year in the Victorian Premier League.</p><p style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 163px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 18px; color: rgb(67, 67, 67); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">FFA has identified him as one of Australia's brightest young coaching prospects, which led to his stint at the AIS.</p><p style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 163px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 18px; color: rgb(67, 67, 67); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Source :- <a href="http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/soccer/studs-up-november-14/story-e6frfg8x-1226200856901"; style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; ">http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/soccer/studs-up-november-14/story-e6frfg8x-1226200856901</a></p><p style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 163px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 18px; color: rgb(67, 67, 67); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">____________________________________________________________________________</p><p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 163px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font color="#434343" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px;">Definitely a good coach,has experience of working in </span></font><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Institute_of_Sport_Football_Program"; style="color: rgb(67, 67, 67); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 18px; ">AIS </a></p></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I think this guys should do it...</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrie_Sanchez</font></div>;
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="5"><b>I-League should cut down on foreign players: Baan</b></font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="5"><b><br></b></font></div><div><p style="margin-top: 5px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 13px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 20px; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; "><strong style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; ">New Delhi:</strong> <a href="http://www.indiansportsnews.com/search.html?cx=partner-pub-2004395898380537:5221044443&amp;cof=FORID:10&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;q=I-League&amp;sa=Search&quot; title="http://www.indiansportsnews.com/search.html?cx=partner-pub-2004395898380537:5221044443&amp;cof=FORID:10&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;q=I-League&amp;sa=Search&quot; style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; color: rgb(22, 56, 124); text-decoration: none; font-family: Arial; ">I-League</a> club owners might go by a collective ideology of playing as many as foreign players in their side to increase their team's quality but the technical director of<a href="http://www.indiansportsnews.com/search.html?cx=partner-pub-2004395898380537:5221044443&amp;cof=FORID:10&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;q=All+Indian+Football+Federation&amp;sa=Search&quot; title="http://www.indiansportsnews.com/search.html?cx=partner-pub-2004395898380537:5221044443&amp;cof=FORID:10&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;q=All+Indian+Football+Federation&amp;sa=Search&quot; style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; color: rgb(22, 56, 124); text-decoration: none; font-family: Arial; ">All Indian Football Federation</a> (AIFF), <a href="http://www.indiansportsnews.com/search.html?cx=partner-pub-2004395898380537:5221044443&amp;cof=FORID:10&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;q=Rob+Baan&amp;sa=Search&quot; title="http://www.indiansportsnews.com/search.html?cx=partner-pub-2004395898380537:5221044443&amp;cof=FORID:10&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;q=Rob+Baan&amp;sa=Search&quot; style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; color: rgb(22, 56, 124); text-decoration: none; font-family: Arial; ">Rob Baan</a> begs to differ as it hinders the growth of the national side.<br><br>Baan feels that as most of the clubs play foreign recruit in the striking position it has a negative effect on Indian players who want to develop as a striker.</p><p style="margin-top: 5px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 13px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 20px; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; ">“In I-League it is the foreigners who decide the matches. All the clubs have foreign forwards and in such situations Indian players have little chance to play. Like during the AFC Challenge Cup, when Jeje (Lalpekhlua) could not play due to injury there was no striker good enough to take his place,”  said Baan on the sidelines of a coaches’ workshop at the Ambedkar Stadium here.<br><br><br>Baan holds an opinion that a new regulation should be formulated which would limit the number of foreigners in a side. “I think that there should be a regulation in place for the clubs to reduce the number of foreigners. I would give the AIFF a master-plan for the upliftment of the game in the country and I-League would a total different chapter of the plan,” added Baan. <br><br>Baan knows that it would not be possible to keep the foreigners off I-League as it would affect the quality of the league, but he feels that clubs should try and choose quality Indian players which would be possible through the four FIFA academies that would be set up in Mumbai, Bangalore, New Delhi and Kolkata with the first one starting its operation in Mumbai from next month.</p><p style="margin-top: 5px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 13px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 20px; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; ">_________________________________________________________________________________________</p><p style="margin-top: 5px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 13px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 20px; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; "><br></p><p style="margin-top: 5px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 13px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 20px; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; ">AGREE 100%!!! And I think every user on this forum agrees. Again we are not Europe where a full 11 line-up of foreigners is normal.</p></div>
    <span style="font-weight: normal; ">I am getting excited about his statement of </span><b>masterplan for i-league </b> <div>i just wish he comes up with the set of rules which rise the quality of indian football and rise the standard to top asian teams</div>
  • shankar wrote:
    <span style="font-weight: normal; ">I am getting excited about his statement of </span><b>masterplan for i-league </b> <div>i just wish he comes up with the set of rules which rise the quality of indian football and rise the standard to top asian teams</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>The wait is to exciting!</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="5"><b>Coaches Workshop concludes in New Delhi</b></font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="5"><b><br></b></font></div><div><span class="newsTxt" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; "><h2 style="font-size: 11px; line-height: normal; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">New Delhi, Apr 15 (IBNS): The three-day Coaches Workshop for Coaches concluded at the Ambedkar Stadium in New Delhi on Sunday (April 15).</h2></span><br style="color: rgb(1, 83, 146); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: -webkit-left; "><h3 style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-weight: normal; text-align: justify; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><span class="newsTxt" style="line-height: 18px; ">The Workshop which was conducted by AIFF Technical Director Rob Baan and Scott O’Donell, Technical Manager for Regional and Elite Academies, was attended by 12 Indian Coaches plus a Coach from Australia.<br><br>This was the second such Workshop which was organised by the All India Football Federation – the earlier one being held in the Capital from January 13-15, 2012.<br><br>The Workshop came in for praise from the participants. Former Team India Assistant Coach Stanley Rozario, who has also coached the Kolkata Big-two, felt the Workshop was a breath of fresh air.<br><br>“It was nice to refresh myself. Such a Workshop was long due and it was nice to be a part of it. Both Rob and Scott stressed on playing possessional football. It was great to interact with them,” he said.<br><br>Narayana Menon, India’s U-23 Assistant Coach at the Pre-Olympic Qualifiers, added: “The focus is now shifting on the juniors. The intention is to create players who will be the flag-bearer for Indian football in the future. <br><br>"My only regret stays that it only lasted three days. It would have been excellent if we could spend more time at the Workshop.”<br><br>The Workshop had different Theoretical and Practical Sessions – while the Theoretical sessions were held at Clarks Inn at Lajpat Nagar, the practical sessions were conducted at the Ambedkar Stadium.<br><br>Arthur Pappas, an Australian Coach who was also at the Workshop said “it was nice to be in India.”<br><br>“It is very important for Indian football to develop Indian Coaches. The Workshop was very innovative and helpful indeed,” he explained.<br><br>“This concept was a new one. The Workshop highlighted a style which Rob and Scott believe will take Indian football forward. I thank the All India Football Federation for arranging such a Workshop,” Meghalaya’s Thangboi Singto, Shillong Lajong’s Assistant Coach, commented.<br><br>The list of the participants was as follows:<br><br>Thangboi Singto (Meghalaya), Satheevan Balan, Narayana Menon (both Kerala), Stanley Rozario (Karnataka), Subrata Bhattacharya, Satyabrata Bhowmick, Mridul Kanti Bannerjee, Ranjan Bhattacharya (all from Bengal), Anadi Barua (Delhi), Santanu Basu, Bidhan Das (both from Assam) and Keshav Dutt (Haryana).</span></h3></div><div><span class="newsTxt" style="line-height: 18px; "><br></span></div><div><span class="newsTxt" style="line-height: 18px; ">___________________________________________________________________________</span></div><div><span class="newsTxt" style="line-height: 18px; "><br></span></div><div><font face="Tahoma"><span style="line-height: 18px; ">Excellent</span><span style="line-height: 18px; "> news from the camp. I am happy to see some notables there as well. This will surely help. Plus I am sure the u14 kids will like working with professional coaches such as Rozario and Bhattacharya.</span></font></div>
    Last time in the coaching course if i remember correct one of the coach was naushad moosa who indeed was mfc youth team coach...<div>so i guess these workshops are held mainly with all major teams youth coaches along some upcoming coaches as well so that they could make all changes from base of indian football and could be installed in coming years easily</div>