Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    I dont like the name of the club actually...
    i wonder how would any cheer for a company in football match....
    they would be one of the best and i would keenly follow them the moment they change their name good enough for fans to cheer for and market their club well enough to get themselves good sponsors as well

For the time being they better get their job into grassroot job like mahindra united one of best run football clubs in india in recent past....or sponsor SCG or vasco and if needed buy the shares
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    Srinivas Dempo is a guy with vision,it would be a suicide for Indian football to close down Dempo SC.

He got the flood lights working in Fatorda this year and coming to Dempo he opened a new club house recently,tied up with Danish club and sent youngsters,planning to open a stadium and Academy etc etc

He's only asking for increase in winner prize so nothing wrong with that.

Although I agree he needs to change clubs name.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    @Shankar..

I guess a lot of what Dempo does for the Future will depend on this AIFF-IMG meeting for April 20th..Personally i fell Indian football may go up a notch or slide downwards based on the outcome..

Dempo has mentioned plans to procure land and also build a stadium gyms pools and practise grounds.. They Also own a stake in FC Midtyland and aldready Dempo youth players have been sent there on training..His foreign investment shows that he is trully pasionate about football and has a vision for teh lub

However I am very doudtfull if he will be inclined to Pump 10-15 crores every year without even recovering 50% of that ?.Aiff must relaise that maoney matters and passion alone will not run the club.

Waitnd for the D-day April 20th Where the AIFF-IMG combine will make or break indian fotball
    silicon3 wrote:
    @Shankar..

I guess a lot of what Dempo does for the Future will depend on this AIFF-IMG meeting for April 20th..Personally i fell Indian football may go up a notch or slide downwards based on the outcome..

Dempo has mentioned plans to procure land and also build a stadium gyms pools and practise grounds.. They Also own a stake in FC Midtyland and aldready Dempo youth players have been sent there on training..His foreign investment shows that he is trully pasionate about football and has a vision for teh lub

However I am very doudtfull if he will be inclined to Pump 10-15 crores every year without even recovering 50% of that ?.Aiff must relaise that maoney matters and passion alone will not run the club.

Waitnd for the D-day April 20th Where the AIFF-IMG combine will make or break indian fotball

everything is absolutely correct...but what about the fan base???a team which has won 2 of last 2 i-league is not getting good fans supporting them in their home???
    the guy who is doing so much to give his players also need to think of lifting his clubs status as not just a champion club but also as a good fan followed club as well....
    the present status of dempo as a company club, despite their work for grassroot development and infrastructure is just not helping the cause of them and also for indian football
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    shankar wrote:
    silicon3 wrote:
    @Shankar..

everything is absolutely correct...but what about the fan base???a team which has won 2 of last 2 i-league is not getting good fans supporting them in their home???
    the guy who is doing so much to give his players also need to think of lifting his clubs status as not just a champion club but also as a good fan followed club as well....
    the present status of dempo as a company club, despite their work for grassroot development and infrastructure is just not helping the cause of them and also for indian football

That's cause I-League is shit it needs to be marketed well first or else even Pune FC who market so well get very few fans.People in-order to know Dempo SC will first have to know what I-League is

As silicon said lot will depend on outcome of meeting,Dempo invests 13 crores a season only to get 75 lakhs as price money and pitiful 20-30 lakhs from tickets,merchandise etc

• Why is nothing on my birthday! April 6, 1996: MLS first game. April 8, 2001: India 1-0 UAE!

Just kidding. Go historic moment in Indian football. If only we could have built on that.
    arsenalfan wrote:

Why is nothing on my birthday! April 6, 1996: MLS first game. April 8, 2001: India 1-0 UAE!

Just kidding. Go historic moment in Indian football. If only we could have built on that.

So Close Yet So Far sort of moment...still a good memory to be recollected
  • And we don't even have avideo of that game :(
    And we don't even have avideo of that game :(

When we cant get a match video of recent matches i definitely dont expect to have one for old matches...