Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• ashindia wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    silicon3 wrote:
    @Shankar..

I guess a lot of what Dempo does for the Future will depend on this AIFF-IMG meeting for April 20th..Personally i fell Indian football may go up a notch or slide downwards based on the outcome..

Dempo has mentioned plans to procure land and also build a stadium gyms pools and practise grounds.. They Also own a stake in FC Midtyland and aldready Dempo youth players have been sent there on training..His foreign investment shows that he is trully pasionate about football and has a vision for teh lub

However I am very doudtfull if he will be inclined to Pump 10-15 crores every year without even recovering 50% of that ?.Aiff must relaise that maoney matters and passion alone will not run the club.

Waitnd for the D-day April 20th Where the AIFF-IMG combine will make or break indian fotball

everything is absolutely correct...but what about the fan base???a team which has won 2 of last 2 i-league is not getting good fans supporting them in their home???
    the guy who is doing so much to give his players also need to think of lifting his clubs status as not just a champion club but also as a good fan followed club as well....
    the present status of dempo as a company club, despite their work for grassroot development and infrastructure is just not helping the cause of them and also for indian football

That's cause I-League is shit it needs to be marketed well first or else even Pune FC who market so well get very few fans.People in-order to know Dempo SC will first have to know what I-League is

As silicon said lot will depend on outcome of meeting,Dempo invests 13 crores a season only to get 75 lakhs as price money and pitiful 20-30 lakhs from tickets,merchandise etc

True. Shivrans Dempo and Archak Purmal (spelling) are not dumb men. They are not like Churchill Alemo or the HAL owners. They want action to be taken. They saw the popularity of IPL and WSH, they saw how popular football can be in India. They saw the potential of Indian football, I bet they even saw the popularity of Pepsi T20 Football and are now SUPER PISSED!

Action is needed on all fronts by AIFF. It is easy to market football in India and to market I-League and get fans but they are to dumb to relize it.

Also can I ask who thought it was a good idea to start a second division!

J.League was started in 1993, the J.League Division 2 started in 1999 (6 YEARS LATER!).

K-League was started in 1983, the 2nd Division was started in 1983 to but THERE IS STILL NO PRO/REL!

A-League started in 2005, there is still no pro/rel.

MLS started in 1996, there is still no pro/rel.

The old English First Division was started in 1893, pro/rel was introduced in 1920s.

You can see what I mean now. I bet JCT would still be here if pro/rel was not a problem. It would allow teams not to worry about getting relegated and losing a fan base or there money. Do we even offer perachute money to the relegated teams! I know this is about I-League marketing but I thought I talk about this to because it is frustrating me that the AIFF were trying to copy England. Its obvious that is what they were doing. NEWS FLASH! India is not England when it comes to sports managment. We are more like the USA or Australia when it comes to sports like Football. All 3 countries are big in land size, and they have trouble with domestic football support. Thing is the US and Australia did the right thing while India did the wrong thing!
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Yea india should be compared to US, Australia when such huge league is planned and not small countries like England or Japan.....
    and when our league is not able to get 1st division teams get professional and somewhat stable we shouldnt be thinking of 2nd division
  • shankar wrote:
    Yea india should be compared to US, Australia when such huge league is planned and not small countries like England or Japan.....
    and when our league is not able to get 1st division teams get professional and somewhat stable we shouldnt be thinking of 2nd division

Exactly. We need to wait till we have stable teams who are spread out across India and are in the right markets before we think of a 2nd Division.

Of course though this would mean having play-offs at the end to decide the champion. 10 teams, 4 in the play-offs sounds good. 2 leg semi-finals then the 1 I-League Grand Final.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    shankar wrote:

Exactly. We need to wait till we have stable teams who are spread out across India and are in the right markets before we think of a 2nd Division.

Of course though this would mean having play-offs at the end to decide the champion. 10 teams, 4 in the play-offs sounds good. 2 leg semi-finals then the 1 I-League Grand Final.

Or let the play-off be in NBA style of 7 match or may be 5/3 match with the better placed team getting the chance of having one extra home game so that would mean something to play for till the end..(i love this playoff system)
  • shankar wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    shankar wrote:

Or let the play-off be in NBA style of 7 match or may be 5/3 match with the better placed team getting the chance of having one extra home game so that would mean something to play for till the end..(i love this playoff system)

Maybe. It has never been tested in football though. In fact only Baseball and Basketball use those.
  • dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points
    shankar wrote:
    some kolkatta sports prog is claiming that dempo might shut the club if the prize money of the league is not increased to some crores...

.............................................................................................................................
    now here they are talking....all i can say is just do it..
    you guys are not helping indian football get any new fan following then what is the use of having you as champions
    I am not too sure that it is a very authentic news because that specific sports news channel earlier also flashed some bullshit news like that.One thing which we need to be more worried about is the inflation of players price.If AIFF can't control that then surely some clubs are going to close down very soon.

• dip_anj wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    some kolkatta sports prog is claiming that dempo might shut the club if the prize money of the league is not increased to some crores...

.............................................................................................................................
    you guys are not helping indian football get any new fan following then what is the use of having you as champions
    I am not too sure that it is a very authentic news because that specific sports news channel earlier also flashed some bullshit news like that.One thing which we need to be more worried about is the inflation of players price.If AIFF can't control that then surely some clubs are going to close down very soon.

Blame East Bengal and Mohun Bagan... the Man City and Chelsea of India.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    dip_anj wrote:
    shankar wrote:

Blame AIFF for not getting the salary cap.... its survival of fittest...if money is there to be spent, they spent (you cant say...hey lets spend less coz sponsorless FC gonna close down)
  • rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    dip_anj wrote:
    shankar wrote:

Blame AIFF for not getting the salary cap.... its survival of fittest...if money is there to be spent, they spent (you cant say...hey lets spend less coz sponsorless FC gonna close down)

hi Rudra, waz up ;)
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Some news rime on Brandon Fernandes...
    http://oheraldo.in/News/Sports/Brandon-stars-in-ASD-rsquo-s-victory/58271.html

Though he is injured now, hoping for his speedy recovery for european u-19 tour.