Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    jalsa tv available in my Airtell here in Kerala
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Anyway why would Ten give their biggest I-league viewership market(if they care) to one of their competitor?
    They wouldn't really though. TEN Action would still control what matches they would want ideally but it would just be that Jalsha would get the rest.

So whatever I-League matches involving West Bengal teams TEN Action does not show, Jalsha will take (almost like what News Time did before).
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited December 2013
    If they wanted Ten could have done a lot but they just don't care or thats how they have contract with AIFF/IMG.
    If they wanted Ten could have done a lot but they just don't care or thats how they have contract with AIFF/IMG.
    Agree. Honestly, I understand the I-League is a shit product and barely gets any viewers to begin with but if you want it to actually become more popular then you treat the league a little better than it actually is. Now I am not calling for pre and post match shows, we are not ready for that kind of thing yet but perhaps we can have a better commentary team (A british man and perhaps a well known former Indian footballer), interviews with special guests at half-time (Imagine at half-time of a match between Mohun Bagan and Dempo we have a quick interview with Wim Koevermans), and then commercials that actually advertise the I-League and create story lines.

Also better graphics and clearer screens. Compared to IPL or HIL the I-League on TV looks like a 10 year old made the graphics and the camara is from the 90s.

Its these things that can make the I-League look like a professional league rather than a league that is trying to seem professional but ultimately fails to do so. 
  • Yes, its mainly available in Bengal but on Tata sky and few other DTH services you can get it all over India.
    Thats how i watch cfl here in kerala
  • cfl telecast by jalsha movies excellent.problem with ten action is they show 60%matchs from duler,realy hard tn watch more than 5 mts from duler.also bengalauru same pblm,they use only 2 cameras.but pune,kolkata,shlng grounds are good nd theyuse more camera.but telecast from those 3 are rare
    Going back to the foreigners, I am still pissed by that. As a regular viewer of the A-League (and supporter of the worst team, Melbourne Heart) I can easily see some of the top I-League players at least being a bench regular in Australia. (Gouramangi almost trialed at Heart while Chhetri almost went to Perth Glory).

Sunil Chhetri I bet could go to the Heart right now and score more goals than that shitty Michael Mifsud (BTW, get ready to hear that name more, he could be in India next season if he carries on his shit form)

Meanwhile I bet a guy like Anas Edathodika can go to the Heart right now and lead their defense. I mean, if Simon Colosimo can do it (starting in almost every Heart game in 2012-13) then a guy like Anas or even Arnab Mondal can.

But that is the problem. A-League does not look at India (even though we are better than the state leagues over there where they look) and we do not look at A-League. Instead we look at Europe and then get upset when no one wants us. Its the mentality that will need to change.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    Well one of the reason being AFC 4 man foreigner rule which works against Indians.... secondly as you saw with Carlos Hernandez they need to up their fitness to play their. Even with such poor fitness he was great in I-League
    Well one of the reason being AFC 4 man foreigner rule which works against Indians.... secondly as you saw with Carlos Hernandez they need to up their fitness to play their. Even with such poor fitness he was great in I-League
    Sydney FC have 7 foreigners. Your allowed 5 foreigners who dont have Aussie citizenship. As for Indians... teams like Newcastle Jets have only 3 foreigners. I can see Sunil Chhetri coming off the bench for Adam Taggart and partnering Emile Heskey. Or Anas Edathodika leading the defence for the Melbourne Heart... surely a better option than bloody Rob Wielaert (Yes, Anas is my favorite defender).