Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    Jamshedpur FC will be great!!
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    why not TATA Indica FC or Sumo FC or TATA Ace FC or to add TATA SALT FC - desh ka the football club ,,, lol.... But i'm happy if TATA group enters into indian football
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29264 Points
    Or Tatanager steelars
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @Sparta You know I was joking right? Jaguar technically does not exist in India so why would I be serious about that.
    Let me put it like this @Sparta re: name. I trust your judgement in which you say a name like Tata FC would work in Jamshedpur as that city basically is ran by Tata and all that so I won't complain.

However, if this team is created and fans don't come then you better believe I hunt you down boy :p
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    No of Fans will depend on lot of factors.

The recent popularity of Jharkhandi cricketers( esp Jamshedpur ones Saurabh Tiwary, Varun Aaron, Ishank Jaggi) has ruined Football's popularity in the city, So, we might need some Jharkhandi guys in the team. Hopefully , they will sign the Jharkhandi players playing in other teams in ileague.

It will take some time to resurrect the Footballing passion for sure.Also, both Keenan and JRD can have around 30-40k fans at a time. So, even if they get around 10k per match the stadiums might look empty
    Hopefully, they will market it well.
    They were also  interested last year too, but creating separate entity was seen as hurdle for them. If they can do it then, it would be great for the footballing scenario of the country.
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    There are good amount of cricket coaching centres out here , but apart from TFA no academy not even the smaller ones. Hopefully with a i-league team there might be more academies/coaching centres too . 
    Tata Steel has helped AIFF to conduct lots of tournament out here, even last yrs under 19 ileague was played here and some second division games too, so if the Tatas are willing then we will surely have a team here.
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    @sparta ; M S Dhoni is from Ranchi, Jharkhand. Still we see big crowd for Ranchi Rhinos in HIL for Hockey. Cuttack gets big crowd in their cricket games, still Bhubaneswar got great crowd for HIL. Same way I think that base is there due to tata Football Academy and Jamshedpur can have good crowd for Football-especially now when we do not see many Cricket matches in Keenan Stadium as Jharkhand cricket has moved to Ranchi.
    One day we will have a team in Jamshedpur and Ranchi and it shall be a derby.