Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    Tata had their own football team but they decided to shut it down back in mid 80s and started Tata tea super soccer and Tata football academy. Later they stop super soccer too. If they restart their football club then nothing like it. JRD Tata sports complex is really good. 
  • AIFF : "There are corporates who are really looking at Indian football. Of
    course, there is the ISL (Indian Super League) and there is a lot of
    interest. But there are also corporate who think that if they cannot fit
    into the ISL, maybe they come into the I-League"

It's clear that, They are discouraging the investment in I League, they are now completely focused only on masala League! It is the situation even before ISL starts, what if after the success (IF it's success) of ISL. They don't even care about I League anymore! 
  • @ArsenalFan700 ; What happened to Kochi team in I League, i was expecting a team from Kerala in I League. 

And, I Like to see a team from the National Capital.!!
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    All these teams exist but they do not qualify
  • shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points
    CHANMARI FC FOR I-LEAGUE!

‪#‎CFC‬ ‪#‎MPL‬ ‪#‎ILEAGUE‬ ‪#‎INDIANFOOTBALL
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @chelseaindia It will be like that until more success on and off the pitch is gained for I-League. That means we need more Bengaluru FC success stories. Look at the impact Bengaluru FC have had this season... how they have given belief, not only to the people of Bangalore, but to the people who support Indian football that it is possible to create a team from scratch, market them well, and be a successful and well known unit.

If we can just manage that a bit more then people will start to realize that the I-League is not a dying brand or a shit brand but a brand that just needed a small push and then who knows what will happen :)
  • shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points
    Coventry University Sports Scientists visits YFC Rurka Kalan in Punjab

#indianfootball 
    read the details ;http://playerify.com/blog/?p=769
  • DXDX 4074 Points

What's this fetish about having a City name as a Football club? It matters if the fans can connect to it and it can be successful on the pitch.

Its mainly the plastic fans who follow EPL who wanna have the same things applied here, FYI this is India and cannot be compared to England. Btw Nethaji SC has its name since 1946, Changing it to attract a Manure or a Man city fan is hardly the way to go about it.

Club name can be anything and can stand for anything cos its the owners who pay for the club not a average fickle fan.

• MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    What the hell i can for this ?
  • @DX ; You've said "Club name can be anything and can stand for anything cos its the owners who pay for the club not a average fickle fan"

A Football club belongs to the fans not only to that particular owner, no one will support the club because of its owner. A club should have a real connection with the Fans. If 'Nethaji SC' is authentic and it can attract fans, then no problem. But to say that, 'only owners have right in the club not fans' is ridiculous.!