Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29255 Points
    Ambanis rob indian footballs money in name of img-r they are richest in india but cant start a club from mumbai and not even ISL they are in love with krickit (mumbai indians)
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Okay, I tried to keep quiet as I thought I should not piss people off with my atrocious and shortsighted opinion but I can't help it. Personally I don't like this move. Bengaluru FC was able to be announced in May and launched officially in July and be ready for the I-League season. First off, I am pretty sure they knew ahead of time they would win the bid and had already started their moves before being officially announced, and they had a massive advantage of being in Bangalore, a city with a past history in football, a stadium already situated in the city, a second stadium to temporarly play in while the first one is being redone, rich European football support, and a company that actually cared for the team.

This one is different. First off, the cities they are talking about are Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Chennai, and Hyderabad. Other than Hyderabad, none of these cities have an actually football acceptable stadium. Ahmedabad has a decent cricket ground, Chennai has a stadium that is to big and would kill any atmosphere created, and Vadodara have an old and dying cricket ground. Also, there is barely much in terms of recent football history here. Bangalore has recently hosted the Federation Cup, AFC Youth Cups, India camps, I-League... none of these cities have and the state/city leagues are practically non-existant.

Also, Bengaluru FC have managed to have players on their squad from Bangalore or the near area and that was a small part of why they were successful. What players can these cities attract. What players do we have from Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, and Andhra Pradesh? Perhaps some from Tamil Nadu but for the most part these areas have been pretty bare for players.

And finally, have we forgot already about the Mumbai Tigers, or Dodsal FC? That club/company that would start a team in Mumbai and take Indian football to new heights and not just participate in the AFC Champions League but WIN IT. Ya, we are so in love with Bengaluru FC that I believe we, the people on IFN, and even the AIFF and IMG-Reliance, now think that we can just do what we did with Bengaluru FC and get the same exact results every time! That is not true and will eventually kill the I-League. Dodsal tried to start a team in a city with no stadium, no good recent history, the players were not really from the city and look at the result... they folded... gone... dust.

What am I trying to say here? This is not the way forward. The AIFF have no fully convinced themselves that the "Bengaluru FC way" is the only way when really what they should be doing is looking at the success of Bengaluru FC and changing their short-term and long-term plan for the I-League and talking to potential corportates who may have the drive and passion that JSW have shown this past season and looking for next season as well. 

If we can not do that then I question the men who run the football federation.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    1. This yr ileague starts on December thanks to ISL so yes they do still have time
    2. Maybe they just announced now and have already confirmed. Remember the rumors started to filter out way back.
    3. The three places Amhedabad (Transstadia just like jindals have been in the news for quite a few seasona now) Vadodra, Chennai(air asia tony fernandes), about Hyderabad @ashindia can better explain. Though hyderabad had a reasonable presentation in the National team in the past.

if i missed out on any point do say

ps never typed such a big post from my mobile :p
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    So they will have around 2-3 months extra to get a brand new team created. That is fine and all if you already have a stadium set-up and all that but but these places don't even have that (other than Hyderabad). Also fans? Bangalore had some areas of the city that apparently had football fans like Austin Town... what about these places?

And the owners... Transstadia is a perfect example of another Dodsal. A promise of a world-class stadium and then nothing comes of it and its been more than a couple of years now and we have heard nothing from them. Tony Fernandes is a man I don't trust at all and who I think is a money monger, the way he has run QPR has been horrible and almost as worse as Vincent Tan at Cardiff minus the alienating of fans. And Hyderabad has some decent corporates and I do believe that some outside the city don’t mind making a team their (JSW [Mumbai] for Bangalore).

Again, this is just not as simple as we are making it out to be. We can’t just create three brand new clubs in these cities and expect the same results, you are going to be slaughtered!

And don’t even get me started on the fact we don’t have the talent pool for 16 teams.
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    @ArsenalFan700 I was hoping whether there should be a derby match between Bengaluru FC and Bangalore ISL team.
  • shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points
    SEPT Launched new club "Jaithra Kerala"
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @arsenalkid700 see jindals also held back for a few years... They always wanted a club directly in ileague.. Transtadia know that unless there is a club the stadium whould be nothing but a white elephant. So if a club gets formed then positve would outweigh the negative.
    i am also not expecting every decision would go as AIFF wants but yeah for every Dodsal we have a Bengaluru FC.

Tony Fernandes might be a money monger and some of his decision were astonishing but he will make sure that his investment doesnt go down the drain if he is selected.

At the end of the day i am expecting a club from chennai to join the ileague. Hyderabad might be a name floated in the air(but unless the quabble inside the state fa resolves i expect nothing)

we can at max manage a 14 team league with the talent pool we have.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    he owns Air asia and some indian company has tie up with Air asia i don't know who...but that tied up company will get advertised....so its win-win situation and if they follow BFC model who knows they might do better job than BFC....might be QPR friendly match is on the cards.........
    And don’t even get me started on the fact we don’t have the talent pool for 16 teams.

but we have talent pool for 14 teams...
    if 3 clubs are getting then AIFF can easily remove United fc for not fulfilling AFC criteria to vacant up the spots...