Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Oh look, another "ArsenalFan700 is American" joke... so bloody funny.
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    edited May 2014
    i am actually complementing you
    m sure at even school /college level they give proper all round training to footballers which is a big dream here
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    then his wiki profile will look

Rohan ahuwalia
    Age-17 
    youth carrer 
    NYRB  400 (99)
    senior carrier 
    Arsenal 100 (10)
    National
    India 1(3)

Born in 1996 ,he is very talented guy and always confused whether to play for US or India but he showed loyality and joined Indian national team.He made debut against Brazil where he scored hat-trich and have 1 assist when india won 4-3. After spending youth days in NYRB , Arsenal paid 80$ million transfer fee to sign him. [source needed] 
    @Samiam There are still many problems at the youth levels which, while 100 times better than in India, is still a world away from say the likes of Germany, Spain, Holland, and somewhat England. Our U15 national team just got killed in a tournament in Serbia a week ago and only beat China 2-1. Our U17s lost to River Plate of Argentina in the Dallas Cup final.

The academy level is still pay-to-play where only if you can afford can you be in the academy and school level is rubbish. 2-4 months of play with a coach who is mainly a normal teacher during the day. The school coaches also only focus on fitness and stuff which is why the US has always been good at making athletes but never footballers but they never learn how to gain skill or technical ability unless they get into an academy. And the academy system is barely residential yet and if it is, again, pay for it.

Of course it is getting better, academies like the Red Bulls dont require you to pay and the club/academy teams are playing for 10 months at least but we are still a long way away but small steps.

As for me, sorry I did not look at it like that. Hard to tell. @Preetam You have no idea how many times I almost created a fake wiki page for me and put in stats like that. It usually went like "2015-2016 Harrisburg City Islanders, 2016-2018 Philadelphia Union, 2016-2029 Arsenal, 2029-2031 New York Red Bulls, 2031-2033 Knights of Punjab FC"

Yes, "Knights of Punjab FC" is my dream team.
    @ArsenalFan700 i was just comparing it to india NOT asking for comparison against better teams
    ur level will be better than div2 clubs
    I am not but thanks. Only thing I am sure of now is that "Knights of Punjab FC" is the best name ever!
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    More than 14 teams should not be there...according to me, there should be only at max 3 clubs from a city in the national league provided they fulfill the AFC criterion...in this case therefore united SC should be removed along with 1 club from GOA...we can then have :-
    3 GOAN teams
    3 SHILLONG teams
    PFC
    BFC
    MFC
    KEB
    MMB
    3 NEW teams[ Delhi(Ambedkar), Hyderabad(GMC), Mizoram(just a wish)]

Chennai should not be there cause the stadium would be an overkill. 60000 capacity stadium is not needed now.

Total=14
    why 60k stadium is not needed ? salt lake stadium fills up when they have derby
    same way bengaluru and chennai mite have a similar rivalry
    edited May 2014
    The atmosphere at the JLN will be rubbish. Having a good atmosphere with 8,000 fans in an already 15,000 capacity stadium is nothing compared to that with 60,000.

As for the state league rule... Mumbai, Pune, and Nagpur are big enough to one day have 2 teams each. You also have Kolhapur who could soon have a team. Kolkata is big enough to one day have 3 teams as well and West Bengal can have 4. Maybe not now but in the future for sure so I don't think the state cap is needed. A city cap maybe with Goa counting as a "city" but state cap is fruitless. Also you can't demote a team randomly as much as I would want to. United and perhaps Mumbai FC can be forced out but for now you cant touch to Goan teams unless they really muck around.

Now then... WHERE IS MY VOTE FOR "KNIGHTS OF PUNJAB FC"!
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    Lets get back to the original topic of the thread i.e. News updates