Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• souravindiasouravindia 3612 Points

Has anyone though what will happen if for some reason a corporate(which will own a club) suddenly decides to stop football promotion. It happened with JCT, Mahindra United and can happen with any corporate club. Success for a few seasons doesn't mean they are going to stay forever.

There is lot of difference between a club which is owned by a corporate and a club which has a corporate as a sponsorship. The first one will depend on the mood of the corporate while the later can have the privilege of getting a new sponsor if for some reason existing one backs out.

This is the main reason , why I am a bit skeptical about inducting so many corporate clubs. It may spell disaster in coming years So even though BFC success has everyone going ga-ga over such clubs, I am still skeptical about their long term success.

• munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    @souravindia It is already happening. Look at Mumbai FC. Owner is Essel Group-who owns zee TV, Dish TV in India, DNA newspaper, and lot of businesses. They never promoted Mumbai FC.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essel_Group

How many people know that Pune FC club owners make VIP Suitcases. All these owners are happy to utilise the clubs as CSR to take tax deductions rather then trying to run club like a business.
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    making a thread for the asian games
  • preetampreetam 870 Points

Has anyone though what will happen if for some reason a corporate(which will own a club) suddenly decides to stop football promotion. It happened with JCT, Mahindra United and can happen with any corporate club. Success for a few seasons doesn't mean they are going to stay forever.

There is lot of difference between a club which is owned by a corporate and a club which has a corporate as a sponsorship. The first one will depend on the mood of the corporate while the later can have the privilege of getting a new sponsor if for some reason existing one backs out.

This is the main reason , why I am a bit skeptical about inducting so many corporate clubs. It may spell disaster in coming years So even though BFC success has everyone going ga-ga over such clubs, I am still skeptical about their long term success.

watever name u have mentioned , they never got Aiff support or watever u say and apart from that they never took any initiative to promote their club...and yeah they never got backing of crowds like BFC did....wen mahindra shut their shop their owner clearly stated that  lacking fans was one of the reason .....no one is saint here .for every equal action there shud be that amt of reaction.....those club never put that much effort and they were expecting fans to come how is that possible...as for BFC they got gud support and they are champions now.i'm sure there will be 10% rise in their fan base as well as fans in stadium...so keep calm and watch ISL on starsports.com in nov. and don't loose hope....

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10454 Points

@preetam Mahindra jct didn't do what they neede to do to earn money fans=sponsors=money

if bfc continue to have fan base like this they will start earning

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10454 Points

Rodolfo Zapata making some tweets regarding east Bengal
    so he will join eb

https://twitter.com/rolozapata

• shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points
    AIFF President meets FIFA President at FIFA Headquarters !

#FIFA #AIFF #U17worldcup

• CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    Praful Patel should work hard and convince FIFA to host 2015 Club World Cup in India.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Being in pune, i can say PFC are also not doing much to attract fans to the stadium. I stay just 2-3 kms from Balewadi stadium and never felt like anyone around my residence heard of one of the most professional club in Pune fc. I fell pune fc are also more like other clubs in india with only difference they have is they have a city name. Hopefully they work offline near the stadium area (in 10 kms radius there would be around 20-30k people residing) with more intensity rather than crying that they have stadium out of the city bullshit.