Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• rudra wrote: »
    We are talking about brit coaches...the best a Brit EPL coach did this year is Rednapp for Tottenham..all big bosses are non English...<div><br></div><div><br></div><div>P.S. Why are we talking about Brit chances here in Indian Football Updates...the point was about Brit tactical school and not the team per se</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Sorry that was meant for Archak. As for coaches the second top manager in the league was Scottish... does Scotland have better coaches than England now?</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">How many Brits are coaching EPL sides? 20 teams, maybe 5-6 guys...</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I agree I am no expert, as a Indian I understand much less about English football (or even football for that matter)...My point was Brits never been innovative with tactics, the style also didn't put us much ahead (some argue about Houghton being best ever, his records and in-depth analysis of how his successes were achieved says otherwise)...</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Please google about different tactical innovations that brits gave the football world!!!</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">P.S. Scots were always classically tactically ahead of Brits, even many of the tactical innovations in British football has been given by Scottish/other European coaches.</font></div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Anyway its upto @projenator to comment upon why he was happy that not British coach is coming, I don't know why he said..I just guessed its because of the tactics and AIFF's slow rejection of that tactics</font>
  • arsenalfan wrote: »
    rudra wrote: »
    Brit tactics..Brits never famous for that

<br><div><br></div><div>many British coaches are switching the way they coach and you no what it must be working because as far as I know England has the best youth system and league.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>EPL is famous but German's have the best youth system and EPL is simply best cause each and every team plays "hit and run" football. Physical football in England is a well known fact in Europe and that's the reason they can't perform in out of the "comfort zone". </div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    arsenalfan wrote: »
    rudra wrote: »
    Brit tactics..Brits never famous for that

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">many British coaches are switching the way they coach and you no what it must be working because as far as I know England has the best youth system and league.</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">EPL is famous but German's have the best youth system and EPL is simply best cause each and every team plays "hit and run" football. Physical football in England is a well known fact in Europe and that's the reason they can't perform in out of the "comfort zone". </div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">There are many teams that play a great passing game. The problem is having the English players adjust to it.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I think that once England start the Elite Football Academy League then they will have an outburst in talent, of course slowly.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also how does Germany have the best youth system. Sure they have arguably the best youth team but what about other players in Germany. In England they have a system in which every city has a youth team at all levels that correspond with the top youth leagues. What does Germany do? Or Spain?</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Nigeria and the Swiss have always dominated youth football but do they have the best youth system in there countries. No.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Anyway we are going off topic now.</font></div>
  • @Rudra I agree that the British style was not good for India but you have to admit that Bob Houghton was our best coach we have ever had. However I think that if we get a good Dutch coach then Bob could be beaten.
  • dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points
    @Rudra I agree that the British style was not good for India but you have to admit that Bob Houghton was our best coach we have ever had. However I think that if we get a good Dutch coach then Bob could be beaten.

Strongly disagree:-((.Till date Milovan is the best coach for team india.I always wanted  a coach from eastern European country but this guy has done well for PSV youth team so I am hoping that he would at least teach u-22  boys to play passing game.<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    dip_anj wrote: »
    @Rudra I agree that the British style was not good for India but you have to admit that Bob Houghton was our best coach we have ever had. However I think that if we get a good Dutch coach then Bob could be beaten.

Strongly disagree:-((.Till date Milovan is the best coach for team india.I always wanted  a coach from eastern European country but this guy has done well for PSV youth team so I am hoping that he would at least teach u-22  boys to play passing game.</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Milovan only spent one year with India in 1985 (one year before his death sadly) and went 2 wins, 4 draws and 5 losses. How is that good really? In terms of results Bob has produced the best ones sense Syed Abdul Rahim who had an amazing 61% winning rate with India.</font></div>
  • dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    dip_anj wrote: »

Strongly disagree:-((.Till date Milovan is the best coach for team india.I always wanted  a coach from eastern European country but this guy has done well for PSV youth team so I am hoping that he would at least teach u-22  boys to play passing game.</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Milovan only spent one year with India in 1985 (one year before his death sadly) and went 2 wins, 4 draws and 5 losses. How is that good really? In terms of results Bob has produced the best ones sense Syed Abdul Rahim who had an amazing 61% winning rate with India.</font></div>

I know you are going to ask that question.if you go by the stats then yes Houghton is far better but look at the opponents he played.Under Milovan in nehru cup india lost to Argentina 1-0 and that goal was scored in 88 th minutes.Some of them played in 86 world cup.Under Bob we hardly had any tough match win.Even tactically ciric was far better than Bob and all the players who played under ciric and seen Bob will vouch for that.<br>I was debating on foreigners only.I agree on your point abount Rahim Sir.<br>
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited May 2012
    True but you also have to think about the difference in Indian football today over 1985. Also that was just one game. What other matches did India play in 1985 when we were just about to enter the dark ages.<div><br></div><div>As for Bob to do what he did was great, he came here, saw India in the shits and rebuild us, he got us into the Asian Cup, won us 2 Nehru Cups and a AFC Challenge Cup. He came up with the idea of Pailan Arrows which has given us Raju, Manandeep, Jeje etc and he even had the bravery to speak out to AIFF when we all know that leads to getting fired and it did in the end somewhat.</div><div><br></div><div>Of course a good dutch coach can easily beat Bob in India but you have to admit that Bob did a great job, to say he has not means you dont follow Indian football.</div>