Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points
    arsenalfan wrote: »
    True but you also have to think about the difference in Indian football today over 1985. Also that was just one game. What other matches did India play in 1985 when we were just about to enter the dark ages.<div><br></div><div>As for Bob to do what he did was great, he came here, saw India in the shits and rebuild us, he got us into the Asian Cup, won us 2 Nehru Cups and a AFC Challenge Cup. He came up with the idea of Pailan Arrows which has given us Raju, Manandeep, Jeje etc and he even had the bravery to speak out to AIFF when we all know that leads to getting fired and it did in the end somewhat.</div><div><br></div><div>Of course a good dutch coach can easily beat Bob in India but you have to admit that Bob did a great job, to say he has not means you dont follow Indian football.</div>

I never said he has not done anything.My point is he is not the best foreigner coach india had.Good that he won Nehru Cup and AFC challenge cups but how many strong opponents India had beaten in Bob era.Except Syria almost zero.The facilities and fat paycheck that he had got he could have done much better.Anyways this has been debated many times and if you like to debate on this then lets make it a topic for debate for next weekend <br> :)
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    Brits not the BEST IN THE WORLD at building academies, the DUTCH folks are, as mentioned previously, they conceived the ENTIRE IDEA OF TEACHING SOCCER THROUGH ACADEMIES. I want the BEST AND THE BRIGHTEST COACHES SHOW UP IN INDIA, even if it is not full term but on a consultative arrangement and build the academy system, since India in general has very POOR SYSTEMs (doesn't necessarily mean poorly skilled people, on the contrary, I think Indians are much more skillful than westerners, just that India has poor systems, be it universities or football academies or urban traffic planning). I DO NOT and I specifically say DO NOT WANT any second grade material who is having difficulty attracting a decent enough salary in his native land show up here. <br><br>Bob had his positives and negatives. He was too lackadaisical about the youth development part, look what Rob did. No sooner he got to India, his first stop was at the so called academies all over the country and then come up with an extensive plan to attract the youth to football and have infrastructure in place to train them. Bob instead would run away to cozy hamlets in Portugal with his trusted coterie of old hands and keep them happy.
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    projenator wrote: »
    Brits not the BEST IN THE WORLD at building academies, the DUTCH folks are, as mentioned previously, they conceived the ENTIRE IDEA OF TEACHING SOCCER THROUGH ACADEMIES. I want the BEST AND THE BRIGHTEST COACHES SHOW UP IN INDIA, even if it is not full term but on a consultative arrangement and build the academy system, since India in general has very POOR SYSTEMs (doesn't necessarily mean poorly skilled people, on the contrary, I think Indians are much more skillful than westerners, just that India has poor systems, be it universities or football academies or urban traffic planning). I DO NOT and I specifically say DO NOT WANT any second grade material who is having difficulty attracting a decent enough salary in his native land show up here. </font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Bob had his positives and negatives. He was too lackadaisical about the youth development part, look what Rob did. No sooner he got to India, his first stop was at the so called academies all over the country and then come up with an extensive plan to attract the youth to football and have infrastructure in place to train them. Bob instead would run away to cozy hamlets in Portugal with his trusted coterie of old hands and keep them happy.

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">What do you mean he was lackadaisical with youth... he came up (or partly) with Pailan Arrows for gods sake. Not a great achievement but to say he did not care is an understatement.</font></div>
  • dip_anj wrote: »
    True but you also have to think about the difference in Indian football today over 1985. Also that was just one game. What other matches did India play in 1985 when we were just about to enter the dark ages.<div><br></div><div>As for Bob to do what he did was great, he came here, saw India in the shits and rebuild us, he got us into the Asian Cup, won us 2 Nehru Cups and a AFC Challenge Cup. He came up with the idea of Pailan Arrows which has given us Raju, Manandeep, Jeje etc and he even had the bravery to speak out to AIFF when we all know that leads to getting fired and it did in the end somewhat.</div><div><br></div><div>Of course a good dutch coach can easily beat Bob in India but you have to admit that Bob did a great job, to say he has not means you dont follow Indian football.</div>

I never said he has not done anything.My point is he is not the best foreigner coach india had.Good that he won Nehru Cup and AFC challenge cups but how many strong opponents India had beaten in Bob era.Except Syria almost zero.The facilities and fat paycheck that he had got he could have done much better.Anyways this has been debated many times and if you like to debate on this then lets make it a topic for debate for next weekend <br> :)

<br><div><br></div><div>Hehe, fine. Lets save this for another day. Anyway I see what you are saying but at the same time we must consider the difference between India in 1985 and India in 2007-2012. We have really gone worse and Bob, you can say, was a starter, not the answer but the man to get things started.</div>
    edited May 2012
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    projenator wrote: »
    Brits not the BEST IN THE WORLD at building academies, the DUTCH folks are, as mentioned previously, they conceived the ENTIRE IDEA OF TEACHING SOCCER THROUGH ACADEMIES. I want the BEST AND THE BRIGHTEST COACHES SHOW UP IN INDIA, even if it is not full term but on a consultative arrangement and build the academy system, since India in general has very POOR SYSTEMs (doesn't necessarily mean poorly skilled people, on the contrary, I think Indians are much more skillful than westerners, just that India has poor systems, be it universities or football academies or urban traffic planning). I DO NOT and I specifically say DO NOT WANT any second grade material who is having difficulty attracting a decent enough salary in his native land show up here. </font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Bob had his positives and negatives. He was too lackadaisical about the youth development part, look what Rob did. No sooner he got to India, his first stop was at the so called academies all over the country and then come up with an extensive plan to attract the youth to football and have infrastructure in place to train them. Bob instead would run away to cozy hamlets in Portugal with his trusted coterie of old hands and keep them happy.

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">What do you mean he was lackadaisical with youth... he came up (or partly) with Pailan Arrows for gods sake. Not a great achievement but to say he did not care is an understatement.</font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Too little too late. He should have done that no sooner he got out of  the plane. He should have conceived it differently the way Rob is doing right now, I like Rob much more than Bob. Add to that, Bob's personal vendetta against Calcutta football. Look at cricket, India is no way the best team in world cricket in spite of BCCi being the richest board. That does not mean every other board(except ECB, again the Brits, they complain way too much to be any constructive and wanna dictate terms hook or by crook, man, no wonder English cricketers always stay unsold in the IPL) is praying for its downfall. On the contrary, we often hear South African, Australian, Kiwi commentators wishing well for cricket in India and praying for success of cricket in India. Even someone pretty unpopular like Greg Chapell wants cricket to succeed big time in India and he often says that in public offering assistance from Australian coaching systems etc. </div><div><br></div><div>It's all about creating a WIN WIN situation if you want to succeed in life without antagonizing a hell lot of people.</div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">British is know for organisation of the game,they have a good system in place but when it comes to technical and tactical aspects of the game they are no match to countries like Germany,Spain,Dutch and France.These countries are ahead when it comes to training of players and improving them.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">England use outdated tactics,they depend on fitness and physique of players with very less importance given to technique.They are over hyped   </font></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Do you think Bob had the resources at that point for Indian football. Rob Baan came at the perfect time, FIFA were pouring money into Indian football when he came in. Things were made easy for him.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">@AshIndia That is true. We have the best system but the way we are taught is not as good. Right now I am confident about the new guys though. They are a much better team and soon will be a force in the world.</font></div>
    Sorry, forgot to add, completely agree that EPL is the best marketed league internationally although I find the quality of soccer in La Liga better, that's my personal preference though. <div><br></div><div>The primary reason for me not liking the English style of play is over reliance on PHYSIQUE as opposed to skill aspects of the game, a model WHICH CAN NEVER WORK WITH INDIANS, just trust me on this.<br><br></div><div>Even during the glory days of Indian football in the 50-60s, Indians played a skill based game as opposed to using physical advantage.</div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    If someone like Carroll is payed 30 Million then you can understand English Football.  :D
  • ashindia wrote: »
    If someone like Carroll is payed 30 Million then you can understand English Football.  :D

<br><div><br></div><div>Andrey Arshavin. Russian national team captain. Champion at Zenit St. Petersburg. Wanted by Man U, Barca and Bayern but went to Arsenal for 15 million.</div><div><br></div><div>Jordan Henderson. England U21 player. Sunderland midfielder. Not proven at any level. Brought by Liverpool for 20 million.</div><div><br></div><div>Hmmmm???</div>