Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• somesh wrote: »
    arsenalfan wrote: »
    Oh my god, Proj be open to a change. Your wisdom and many years in Indian football have been a huge assest on IFN and we all hope you continue to spread that knowledge here but remember that also we are getting better, and for you, me and everyone to believe it is getting better.<div><br></div><div>The Dutch coach may have rejected us but he came to India to inspect the infrastructure and remember that 5-10 years ago the Dutch coach would have not even come to India.</div><div><br></div><div>Also @AshIndia Do you really think a Dutch coach can change the side in literally 1 MONTH! I have never seen that in my entire life unless you work in the Prem or La Liga.</div><div><br></div><div>Raymond was here for the long-term, not just this tournament. The result here would never matter.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>You couldnt have made more sense there. Completely agree with you!</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Cheers mate. Needed that boost. :D</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">it was a good move by aiff  to try get a top teams youth team coach...though they failed this time now we can feel that someone good is gonna take the place permanently but it may just take few more months...</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">and i seriously feel that it will be worth the wait for our team and for us fans in the future</div>
  • shankar wrote: »
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-weight: normal; ">it was a good move by aiff  to try get a top teams youth team coach...though they failed this time now we can feel that someone good is gonna take the place permanently but it may just take few more months...</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><b>and i seriously feel that it will be worth the wait for our team and for us fans in the future</b></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>True. One thing everyone, even on here, needs to learn is that Indian football wont be that great in 5-10 years. It will take 10-20 years. We have to be patient and SLOW. Take things slowly and not try to rush things.</div>
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    Oh my god, Proj be open to a change. Your wisdom and many years in Indian football have been a huge assest on IFN and we all hope you continue to spread that knowledge here but remember that also we are getting better, and for you, me and everyone to believe it is getting better.<div><br></div><div>The Dutch coach may have rejected us but he came to India to inspect the infrastructure and remember that 5-10 years ago the Dutch coach would have not even come to India.</div><div><br></div><div>Also @AshIndia Do you really think a Dutch coach can change the side in literally 1 MONTH! I have never seen that in my entire life unless you work in the Prem or La Liga.</div><div><br></div><div>Raymond was here for the long-term, not just this tournament. The result here would never matter.</div>

<br><br>Not sure why is this directed to me, I was just brainstorming probable reasons of another rejection from a high profile coach. I am fully aware that Raymond was here for the long term and forget any coach, even God cannot change a team in a month.  I am not even expecting U-22 to win the tournament, I just want to see some creativity in midfield and offence, which was the primary reason why Arrows were so lowly ranked in the I league. <br><br>Also, I have recently associated myself with the MB for youth programme in a small way to begin with and getting aware of the ground realities, I was fervently hoping that we get some one high profile at the junior level who can at least lay down the infrastructure and curriculum at the academies thus ensuring that the wards get a complete education both technically and mentally, because that's where the crux of the problem lies. The biggest problem here is that the rich people( I mean those who have the money muscle to invest in academies) only act when a white skin either tells them or arm twists them (like Morgan is doing to the EB officials), no wonder we need a high profile (not second grade) foreign coach who we can trust with our eyes closed. As an Indian, you are expected to pitch in with some free labor and not expected to be part and parcel of the decision making. <br><br>All that being said, as I have mentioned in my past posts, I definitely see a lot of positive signs in Indian football over the last couple years, which makes me optimistic but realistically so, 10-20 years is a more realistic time frame but we need to START YOUTH DEVELOPMENT WITH DUE SERIOUSNESS FROM TODAY.<br><br>By west, I meant Japan and South Korea as well. <br>
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    <b>AIFF VS CLUBS Part 2 :</b><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">PANAJI: Dempo Sports Club's cherished dream of being a part of the high profile and cash-rich</span><a href="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/Asian-Champions-League"; style="color: rgb(51, 103, 151); text-decoration: none; font-size: 15px; font-family: georgia; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Asian Champions League</a><span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "> may in fact be a non-starter. </span><br style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">The winners of the </span><a href="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/I-League"; style="color: rgb(51, 103, 151); text-decoration: none; font-size: 15px; font-family: georgia; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">I-League</a><span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "> are seeded directly into the playoff for the Champions League with the winner qualifying for Asian football's top tier club competition, while the losing side gets to play in the AFC Cup. </span><br style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Dempo have qualified for the </span><a href="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/AFC-Champions-League"; style="color: rgb(51, 103, 151); text-decoration: none; font-size: 15px; font-family: georgia; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">AFC Champions League</a><span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "> playoff, but with protesting clubs refusing to fulfill the national club licensing criteria, the I-League champions will be robbed of a chance to take a shot at some of the highest profile teams in the continent. "The ball is entirely in the court of the clubs. They have to agree to fulfill the criteria first for India to stake a claim for a place in the Champions League," said I-League CEO Sunando Dhar. </span><br style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">The last date for submission of all papers is May 31. </span><br style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">The clubs - on a warpath with the </span><a href="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/AIFF"; style="color: rgb(51, 103, 151); text-decoration: none; font-size: 15px; font-family: georgia; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">AIFF</a><span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "> - have refused to adhere to any licensing criteria till IMGReliance, Indian football's marketing agents, provide them with a blueprint for Indian football. The clubs, almost all of whom are making losses, are also demanding a share of the revenue besides demanding a bigger say in the running of the league. </span><br style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">"We had a meeting with AFC officials earlier this month where we had an assurance (from them) that India will get a Champions League slot. But if we do not get the papers (from the clubs) we will be left with no choice but to forego the opportunity."</span>
    </div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></span></div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Source : Times</span></div>
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">So AIFF will not come up with any concrete plans but would want the clubs to meet the criteria without even letting them know what's in store.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">FUCK AIFF.</font></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">1) The clubs should at least show some professionalism and get the criteria done anyway.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">2) The AIFF should just come out and say "We shall have a plan in the summer that will be put in place in 2013-14." We all know that now nothing will happen on time for the 2012-13 season.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">3) Why are we even attempting at Champions League. Why make I-League look foolish. Dempo will fail in the AFC Champions League.</font></div>
    Ashlesh wrote: »
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">
    1) The clubs should at least show some professionalism and get the criteria done anyway.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">2) The AIFF should just come out and say "We shall have a plan in the summer that will be put in place in 2013-14." We all know that now nothing will happen on time for the 2012-13 season.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">3) Why are we even attempting at Champions League. Why make I-League look foolish. Dempo will fail in the AFC Champions League.</font></div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">why always u defend AIFF accept it clubs in India wont survive without revenue AIFF has to be blamed </div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Its not USA its India where money matter to survive </font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Dont compare MLS to I league <br>Dont give MLS example to Indian football<br>even we could say lalit modi or srinivas dempo could change fortune like that did with Cricket and GFA respectively bt its India where top body always worked by shit people <br>Indian team will have good team in 15 to 20 years if Clubs generate revenue other wise with current AIFF dictatorship Indian clubs and i league will be same forever </font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Well Said Ashlesh completely agree with you</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    The thing is aiff forgot to give even any little toffee to keep the clubs happy for the time being...had they they came with some or other changes which was enough to convince then then this would never have arised
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    Personally i feel Dempo should not bother 2 much about Asians Champion league..We are just not up to that level of football as yet..no point we being drubbed and then we calling it a " learning experience".. <br><br>What i am pissed about is the  AIFF-IMG combine seems not in the least intrested to act of this or even offer a indication/timeline when to sort out this mess..we are already 1 month past the promised meeting date and no news at all... communication seems  to have totally broken down..<br>