Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And Football used to be ruled by the English. Now bloody look. It is all about the Netherlands and Germans and even the Spanish. No one thought about Spain winning anything until these last five years.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Welcome to modern day football where corruption is seen everywhere, even at FIFA. It will never go away so dont say that USFC is adding the corruption. Yes they have it but so does every other club, association and even player in the world as well. Shillong Lajong actually have an Academy, they have fans at every single game and atmosphere is great. They only just arrived in I-League and this will only be there 2nd straight year in I-League. Wait. Be patient. Indian football is starting now. We need to be optimistic (but not to optimistic) that things will change. If I did not believe we can change now then why the fuck would I be supporting Indian football like this. I would be a devout American Soccer guy.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also forget about this so called history. Every time I here a former player from the 60s-70s talking about how Indian football has went backwards I just want to scream. Think about it. We were never good. Asia was shit until around 10 years ago. There is no difference in the way we play and no amount of Muslims can ever change that. (Tell that to all the Paki's and Afghan's, there muslims are tearing up the world right now)</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As for the EPL fanatics, that is what makes it harder. When the K-League, J.League, MLS and even A-League started they did not have the worry of EPL and UCL and all that. In fact the only Soccer we got in America in 1996 was a 1-hour show at 10:00pm called "The German Soccer Show" which gave highlights of the Bundesliga. AIFF have a job on there hands and that is to get around this because this will be tougher but unlike Japan, South Korea, Australia, and the USA... India has soccer support everywhere whether it be EPL, La Liga or anything. We have it, just need to work with it.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As for the North-East, you can not deny the recent developments. The current NE players did not have a proper platform. It was only until 2012 that the first proper state league in NPL started and now soon Mizoram will have one. And even these players grew up on sand pitches and streets and poor coaching.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">But look at the recent stuff for youngsters. USFC is starting a football school through out India and soon an Academy. SLFC already has an Academy and turf field outside the stadium. Also Shillong Lajong FC finished in third place in the I-League U20. That is better than every team. Heck even the Maha teams did better than everyone else.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Oh and by the way, did you hear about those NE kids who were sent to Bayern because they were good. SLFC probably lied. Obviously they were sent to Bayern because they had low IQs. Also did you hear about Jeje Lalpekhlua, Lalrindika Ralte, Sanju Pradhan and Gouramangi Singh. They are nothing to Indian football. They are actually peasants who play in the 2nd Division.</font></div>
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited May 2012
    <br><font size="2">
    arsenalfan wrote: »
    </font><span style="font-size: small; ">years ago. There is no difference in the way we play and no amount of Muslims can ever change that. (Tell that to all the Paki's and Afghan's, there muslims are tearing up the world right now)</span><div style="font-size: 10pt; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font size="2"><br></font></div><font size="2">

<br></font><br>Please refrain from making communal remarks against any specific religious community.  Since you espouse American culture, you might have a very Americanized or American brainwashed perspective of things.  I have always believed America is the WORLD'S LARGEST AND MOST RESOURCEFUL TERRORIST and along with the ENGLISH should share any blame whatsoever for all of world's political and economic woes right now, not only that, I have seen it first hand having lived there for a decade or so.  <br><br>While I don't mind you having a different viewpoint or creating enmity with Muslims as a proponent of English and American culture, I have a very different perspective on this and a lot of regard for Muslims for what they bring to the table in terms of IQ, skill and what have you.<br><br>I hope your perspective changes as you mature in life, off course unless you are heavily america brainwashed by then.<br><br>ALSO I WILL REPLY TO ALL THE SPECIFIC POINTS YOU HAVE RAISED IN YOUR POST, will need some time to do that, since I am posting as I work in my office.
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I rather not get into a political battle here. No I am not being the typical American and in fact I like to be independent and learn about other cultures before I judge. Me being Indian, brown and with a beard myself am very ashamed at the American perspective. In fact just last month when I was in England or when I was just about to leave England I was stopped at the airport twice for reasons I am guessing are because of my beard which I was to lazy to shave. As for my viewpoints on this I always get it at school. In fact I will always remember this...</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">"Okay guys when we go play paintball on Saturday Matt you hang left. Bryan your sharpshooter, and Rohan you just go and blow up" So yes I am very aware of all this and how it impacts America and I choose to stay away from it.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As for my previous post. That was meant in a football way. The Afghan team and Paki team are made up of Muslims and yet they are doing shit in terms of world football. The Greeks and Cyprus follow the same religion and yet that does not affect there football.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Basically religion has no barring on football and will never have any.</font></div>
  • And please dont judge Americans. We all know in the end this is just the media.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">@arsenalfan I was preparing for such a reply but then you spoke for me. I am actually shocked to hear such things from Proj.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Anyway, if north-east footballers were not good, they would not have been thriving. No club selects players based on Mongolian features! And </font><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 14px;">howsoever</span></font><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"> one envies Bhaichung Bhutia, he has achieved what no-one could in the last decade.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And for God's sake do not bring in the regionalism here. I do not know why but somehow it is inherent in Bengal to be like that. When Saurav Ganguly was dropped from Indian team, the Eden Gardens was cheering for South Africa against India! It cannot get worse than that.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As far as skill is considered, now I really doubt how much of Bhaichung have you seen. I have seen him penetrating 4-5 defenders to score, I have seen him scoring from bi-cycle kicks. He has also proved himself in English Championship (17 goals in 37 matches, only less than half of them were full length matches).</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">You are judging SLFC by their performance, another trait of Kolkata football where only results and trophies matter, even if it is Mahua Trophy!</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">SLFC playing in Shillong is by far the closest the scene can get to the European atmosphere</font></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I am just going to leave this here. So who wants to doubt the North-East now...</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    And if it is about IQ, I would say Jews have the best. But they are not the best footballing nations! Why muslims dominated Indian football in 50s to 70s is purely because Hyderabad was actively involved in it and is populated by Muslims. Even Bengali Hindus in those days were equally good. So its utterly ridiculous be communal about it.<div><br></div><div>Football involves skill which can be developed by anyone regardless his parents read Koran or Bible.</div>
  • somesh wrote: »
    And if it is about IQ, I would say Jews have the best. But they are not the best footballing nations! Why muslims dominated Indian football in 50s to 70s is purely because Hyderabad was actively involved in it and is populated by Muslims. Even Bengali Hindus in those days were equally good. So its utterly ridiculous be communal about it.<div><br></div><div>Football involves skill which can be developed by anyone regardless his parents read Koran or Bible.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Exactly. I mean who is the best Jewish player right now. Yossi Benayoon. And he is not even that good and he plays for my Arsenal! </div><div><br></div><div>Like Somesh said, football is all skill. Anyone can be good about. ITS IN THE SECOND TITLE! (THE WORLD'S GAME) Notice the word WORLD as in everyone. All 7 billion.</div>
    edited May 2012
    I don't have much time right now but I will be brief, just one point about north easterners. North Easterners became famous  by playing in Calcutta, not in the north east, so we have seen the north easterners much longer than the north easterners have seen them playing in shillong or gangtok.  <br><br>There is serious disappointment with the north easterners quality of play over the years in Calcutta and most clubs are trying to reduce north easterners in the team. In fact, this season, East Bengal's failures, the bit they had were mostly concluded due to their over reliance on north easterners, so much so a left back like Robert was not even starting in the first eleven, forget Paite, he was not even starting with CB.  And Sanju is a product of EB youth development, not sure if you are aware but Sanju's serious limitations and his failing to fulfill the promise he showed early on is everyone's knowledge here.  So it's a very different perspective, and I don't see anything wrong in having a different perspective, I strongly believe, reliance on north easterners can be seriously detrimental to a team's success given their vast limitations in many areas.<br><br>India is more a conglomerate of vastly different cultures as opposed to being a uniformly cultured nation. And don't talk of regionalism in Calcutta, first lecture the guys down south and even the north easterners on it, groupism is omnipresent in India and is very necessary to succeed in the framework India is, no wonder folks in Calcutta are at last waking up to it and doing something about it. I hope they seriously continue with this, maintain strong unity amongst themselves to counter groupism of the other states, especially folks down south and the north east<br><br>Lastly about me not having watched chung bhutia enough, all I can say you haven't seen the others and some of his predecessors enough. And about his achievement, nothing to envy, the administrative side is all fake.
    edited May 2012
    <br>
    arsenalfan wrote: »
    <div><br></div><div>Like Somesh said, football is all skill. Anyone can be good about. </div>

<br><br><br>ha ha ha, what a perspective, too immature to even worth a comment. People don't even learn from mistakes, the recent batch of Pailan all came from proper academy backgrounds and how pathetic their skill level is, anyone can see for themselves.