Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    projenator wrote: »
    </font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    arsenalfan wrote: »
    </font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Like Somesh said, football is all skill. Anyone can be good about. </div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">ha ha ha, what a perspective, too immature to even worth a comment. People don't even learn from mistakes, the recent batch of Pailan all came from proper academy backgrounds and how pathetic their skill level is, anyone can see for themselves.

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">So what your saying is that you expected a bunch of boys to come out and be with the big teams. I am sorry but that is immature. Not even the class of 2010-11 reached that and with Academies and youth schools opening up all around I-League I doubt we will ever see that.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As for NE... STOP LOOKING INTO THE PAST. And forget this Calcutta (or Kolkata) shit. People there are complaining about NE players while a few months ago we were complaining about the Goan and Bengali old boys on the India national team.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">So what, should we stop funding a HUGE market for Indian football and let cricket take over. If we want the sport to grow we first have to reach our potential in proven markets and that is all of North-East India.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Stop judging players by where they come from. Trust me it will be better that way. Again this is the worlds game.</font></div>
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    Just watching a hell lot of international games and collating data does not necessarily lead to the ability of judging a player's technique, there's a lot more to collating data in football. <br><br>No one expects them to beat the big boys but show an IOTA OF GAME SENSE IN THE MIDFIELD AND OFFENCE which except Alwyn George, none of them have any. And Alwyn went to the same school quite a few of the others did. <br><br>While there's no doubting the stature of football as a truly international sport, a strong IQ along with strength and stamina is very required to succeed in it. Skill comes from IQ, most modern sport medicine research studies say. As far as comparison to jews are concerned, they utilize their IQ in completely different fields where they are doing very well and beating the shit out of the rest. I am well aware of Jewish culture where playing football is not that idolized as much as being a banker, doctor, lawyer just like some of the Indian communities like gujju, tamils, telegus and also the current generation of bengalis. <br><br>Well you can have your perspective and I, mine. I strongly believe that the more north east plays a predominant role in Indian football as opposed to Calcutta, Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore, the further will we slip down in FIFA rankings.
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    projenator wrote: »
    Just watching a hell lot of international games and collating data does not necessarily lead to the ability of judging a player's technique, there's a lot more to collating data in football. </font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">No one expects them to beat the big boys but show an IOTA OF GAME SENSE IN THE MIDFIELD AND OFFENCE which except Alwyn George, none of them have any. And Alwyn went to the same school quite a few of the others did. </font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">While there's no doubting the stature of football as a truly international sport, a strong IQ along with strength and stamina is very required to succeed in it. Skill comes from IQ, most modern sport medicine research studies say. As far as comparison to jews are concerned, they utilize their IQ in completely different fields where they are doing very well and beating the shit out of the rest. I am well aware of Jewish culture where playing football is not that idolized as much as being a banker, doctor, lawyer just like some of the Indian communities like gujju, tamils, telegus and also the current generation of bengalis. </font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Well you can have your perspective and I, mine. I strongly believe that the more north east plays a predominant role in Indian football as opposed to Calcutta, Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore, the further will we slip down in FIFA rankings.

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">So even though most of the Pailan Arrows players are not showing great signs as early as George Alwyn they are rubbish and be done with. Dude, these guys are at most 23. They have time to grow and get better. Getting a better football IQ is not that hard. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I will decide to skip your 3rd paragraph or at least the 2nd part of it.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">As for the last one NE is a bit overrated in mainstream but on here you cannot deny the same impact NE has as much as Kolkata, Goa, Maha and a little of others.<br><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As for mainstream, NE is getting more money because of the support. Where is the support in Hyderabad. I only see around 1,000 in Bangalore. Kolkata could use some work as well considering they think 20,000 in a 120,000 is a good atmosphere.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Look at the video I posted above and you will see why people love NE at the moment. It is all about where the fans are and easy to get.</font></div>
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    what, are you crazy 20,000 in 120,000, its way more than that, also considering the heat and humidity the games were played this year, get your facts correct dude ??<br><br>i know you are a big NE proponent and my perspective is exactly opposite, to me they are more of a "also ran" kinda phenomena and nothing much will happen to Indian football performance wise as long as they keep on getting their clubs into the I league using all kind of corrupt practices, now don't tell me FIFA is corrupt, so it's okay north east does that, if you have to argue for argument sake, you can keep on at it all day long. <br><br>And Calcutta has been sending players to Bayern, Mancester every where for a decade, nothing comes out of these short term trips, so most are discouraging these in Calcutta nowadays, rightly so. <br><br>Even if a north easterner scratches his back, it gets to the English media quick, not so the case with Calcutta football. you seriously need to get yourself updated before having a discussion and coming out so strongly against or in favor of someone. <br><br>Maybe this post from someone who works at the grassroots academy level replying to my first post which I posted on facebook too will help a bit, so corrupt is the football administration of the north east.<div><br></div><div><quote><br><br><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(237, 239, 244); ">very good post indeed
    agreed to it
    and to add a few
    as of late -punjabis have started changing their playing pattern by the involvement of good skillful coaches from hit and run theory to some passing football
    credit</span><span class="text_exposed_show" style="display: inline; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(237, 239, 244); ">goes to one or two football academies introduced recently
    so far the north easterns are concerned
    being there for the last couple of years and seeing them playing ----one thing i must mention that unless and untill they are ready to invest some money for the development of some genuine football turfs it will not be possible for them to articulate  their skills
    so much funds have already been generated for them but where does the money go---its million dollar question
    so inspite of having talents strength and stamina to produce better quality players north eastern should think about their administration
    </span> <br><br></end of quote><br><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">That stat comes from a release from AIFF which was posted here. Eitherway the fact that they still choose to play at Salt Lake sickens me. Even 60,000 at Salt Lake would sink because half the place is empty.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">As for corruption I will use the same example. Corruption is everywhere and it shall always remain. And please dont treat Punjab, Kolkata or Hyderabad as angels because there have been cases there as well. Most recent being those three foreign players for Mohammedan. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As for NE you cant deny who is doing better with youth now. The average age of the u20 Shillong team is 17 and they still finished in 3rd. Also I bet the money is in good use. Shillong started a new Shillong Under-19 League and of course we are seeing new leagues starting in Nagaland and Mizoram. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Now then, this convo should be over. Going back to news now...</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://punefc.com/?news=pune-fc-a-finish-with-an-unque-all-win-record</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Looks like one team is using the state league for the right reason. To develop there youth.</font></div>
  • <h3 class="post-title entry-title" style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0.75em 0px 0px; position: relative; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: normal; color: rgb(64, 64, 64); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">VIDEO: IFA (West Bengal) medical unit disappearance</h3><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Fellow journalist Prosun Biswas did this interesting and investigate piece for a Bengali news channel on the erstwhile medical unit of the Indian Football Association (West Bengal) which used to be based at the Eden Gardens. It was mainly intended for footballers playing on the Kolkata Maidans, but since the renovation of Eden Gardens ahead of the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup the office and the medical equipment had to removed and since then the medical unit has no home with the equipment lying at the Saltlake Stadium to rot.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://arunfoot.blogspot.de/2012/05/video-ifa-west-bengal-medical-unit.html</font></div>;
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    somesh wrote: »
    And if it is about IQ, I would say Jews have the best. But they are not the best footballing nations! <br>
    <div><br></div><div>Actually the jews were instrumental in bring lot of tactical changes and anad changing football from physical to tactical came..and then came the war!!!!</div><div><br></div><div>Anyways, the conversations are getting very communal, regionalistic for my taste...try to restrain guys</div><div><br></div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    <span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Dempo to set up home academy in 18 months</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">By Sudhakar Shanbhag | NT</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">PANAJI: Two 18-year-old Goan footballers, Aniston Jenslie Fernandes of Betalbatim and Myron Manuel Fernandes of Mapusa, have been selected to undergo a three-month training programme at the Danish club FC Midtjylland academy, under the Youth Player Development Programme agreed by Dempo SC and FCM.</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Mr Dempo disclosed that this is being done to ensure that Goan boys in the long run turn out to be world class players, specially considering the reputation the FCM has had in its seven-years of existence in Europe and that it had achieved so much in such a short period.</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">FCM is renowned to ‘manufacture’ players and market them to top European clubs at stunning prices that touch close to Rs 26-28 crore in terms of Indian currency.</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Thanks to New World Consulting India Pvt.Ltd and its president Mr Satyajeet Sadanandan, the fruitful partnership between Dempo and FCM could happen with its firm foundation laid on developing youth development football, with an aim that both parties will take steps to raise the standards of Goan and Indian football in the long run and make local players train in their academies and make themselves sellable to European markets. Possibilities of Dempo players playing for FCM too were not ruled out in future.</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">So if things go as per plan, Mr Dempo, said he wished that Goan players could become marketable in Europe with FCM playing a major role in producing players of that calibre. The task is not definitely unfeasible with Dempo more than eager to cash-in on FCM’s brilliant track record where they have through their feeder academies in Nigeria and back home in Denmark have produced quite a number of class players who have been sold to big names in European football and there is no reason why this could not be replicated in India.</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Plans are afoot to have a football academy in Goa with the FCM tie-up and Mr Dempo disclosed that suitable land to set-up a world class academy will be finalised in the next three months and the academy itself will be a reality within the next 18 months.</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">This shall definitely mark the beginning of a new era in Goan and Indian football, thanks to Mr Dempo’s visionary thinking and determined approach of looking beyond Goan shores as far as football development is concerned.</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Besides, Mr Dempo also categorically announced that his club was looking forward to recruiting two Danish players from FCM next year, directly or through feeder academies in Nigeria. He will weigh options before finalising.The Dempo chief said various aspects of feasibility of recruiting FCM players will be worked out sooner rather than later as plans are also on to invite FCM team later in the year to play a series of exhibition games against India XI, Goa XI and Dempo XI and this will be done by working in close association with AIFF, GFA and the Dempo SC.</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Divulging on the Dempo-FCM academy in Goa, Mr Dempo said it will be self-sustaining project and profits generated will be fed back into the academy as infrastructure maintenance will be a vital aspect. Mr Dempo did not rule out attracting outside sponsorship to sustain the academy project as in the end what mattered was to move to the next level and make the club the best in the business as the plan was to make it an independent entity on its own for definite future existence.</span>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    this is old news @silicon3 this has already been discussed here
  • sanvedjadhavsanvedjadhav 1096 Points
    @arsenalfan - the problem of pune fc is that their main stadium is around 12-15 kms away from the main city, the balewadi sports complex is an isolated place with no residential areas nearby.... the problem is accessibility.....maybe pune fc should start free bus service from pune city for their fans during matchdays and other such things.... also signing a quality foreigner would help....last season people used to come specially to see EDMAR FIGUEIRA who was very influential and skillful<br>