Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font>
    projenator wrote: »
    what, are you crazy 20,000 in 120,000, its way more than that, also considering the heat and humidity the games were played this year, get your facts correct dude ??<br><br>i know you are a big NE proponent and my perspective is exactly opposite, to me they are more of a "also ran" kinda phenomena and nothing much will happen to Indian football performance wise as long as they keep on getting their clubs into the I league using all kind of corrupt practices, now don't tell me FIFA is corrupt, so it's okay north east does that, if you have to argue for argument sake, you can keep on at it all day long. <br><br>And Calcutta has been sending players to Bayern, Mancester every where for a decade, nothing comes out of these short term trips, so most are discouraging these in Calcutta nowadays, rightly so. <br><br>Even if a north easterner scratches his back, it gets to the English media quick, not so the case with Calcutta football. you seriously need to get yourself updated before having a discussion and coming out so strongly against or in favor of someone. <br><br>Maybe this post from someone who works at the grassroots academy level replying to my first post which I posted on facebook too will help a bit, so corrupt is the football administration of the north east.<div><br></div><div><quote><br><br><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(237, 239, 244); ">very good post indeed
    agreed to it
    and to add a few
    as of late -punjabis have started changing their playing pattern by the involvement of good skillful coaches from hit and run theory to some passing football
    credit</span><span class="text_exposed_show" style="display: inline; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(237, 239, 244); ">goes to one or two football academies introduced recently
    so far the north easterns are concerned
    being there for the last couple of years and seeing them playing ----one thing i must mention that unless and untill they are ready to invest some money for the development of some genuine football turfs it will not be possible for them to articulate  their skills
    so much funds have already been generated for them but where does the money go---its million dollar question
    so inspite of having talents strength and stamina to produce better quality players north eastern should think about their administration
    </span> <br><br></end of quote><br><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>

<br><div><br></div><div><font size="2"><br></font></div><div><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; ">I am a little surprised
    and shocked with your earlier post..</span></div><div>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; "><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; ">i do agree with you
    that the NE clubs always have got into the I-league with some controversy..This
    year USFC and last year Shillong lajong.... but blighting them with having no
    tactical sense and skill is painting all with the same brush. One of
    the first indian captian when we were d best is asia was Dr Talimeren Ao,
    surely he was very respected for his game..I am sure there are any who were not
    even noticed nor got a chance.... my point is it would be unfair
    to generalize just based on geographical or region based attributes..</span></p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; "><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; ">Bengal is having a
    football history of 100 plus years, and this history has permeated into the
    local populace who have refined and improved on the skills and tactical acumen.
    again fortunately for bengal the football administration also functioned very
    well and its a hub of indian football. </span><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; "> </span><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; ">You
    cannot under estimate these factors in Bengali football.</span></p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; "><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; ">The same unfortunately
    was not the case with Hyderabad...it too has a long history of football culture
    but the AP football administration has killed the sport there ..who knows if
    the scene there is patched up and local football tournaments and initiatives
    started, we will soon see the revival in hyderabad...Aslo Hyderabad At that
    time was a muslim populated centre and supported by the  nizam and local
    rulers..being a majority there its would be but natural to see talented Muslims
    play...but to again generalise that muslims are better at football because of
    diet or red meat would not be correct..</span></p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; "><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; ">coming to the
    IQ, i absolutely do not  believe that 1 region or 1 ethnicity have such a
    drastic IQ difference with others..Also a particular ethnicity taking up a particular
    profession also does not also mean higher intelligence.. its just societal pressure
    </span><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; "> </span><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; ">economic </span><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; "> </span><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; ">& </span><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; "> </span><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; ">historical factors across hundreds of years in
    our feudal india that could have been the reason..</span></p>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; "><font size="2"><span style="font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; "> </span><span style="font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; ">Give all
    nationalities that same education and opportunities and all will perform
    similarly.</span></font></p></div>
  • @arsenalfan - the problem of pune fc is that their main stadium is around 12-15 kms away from the main city, the balewadi sports complex is an isolated place with no residential areas nearby.... the problem is accessibility.....maybe pune fc should start free bus service from pune city for their fans during matchdays and other such things.... also signing a quality foreigner would help....last season people used to come specially to see EDMAR FIGUEIRA who was very influential and skillful<br>
     <br><div><br></div><div>Perhaps. They could probably use around 5 buses to start off with. Depends on the demand for the games.</div><div><br></div><div>As for a foreigner I agree. You would think a football club like Pune FC would do that. They probably dont think that anything would come out it. </div>
  • dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points
    My two cents on the debate.Bengal had a rich past but nowadays we are suffering because of less home grown talents.Goa is doing a great job to nurture and promote the youth talents.Kolkata clubs picked North Eastern players based on  the sole criteria of speed and stamina and they are never had great skills compared to Bengal,Kerala(at prime),Goa(to some extent).<br>A club should be measured by its capability to win trophies and those who denies this are probably living in some dream world.You can make big surprises by sweeping news of tie ups and everything but if you do not win trophies you will face the same fate as MDS.This is applicable for all the clubs in India.<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    dip_anj wrote: »
    My two cents on the debate.Bengal had a rich past but nowadays we are suffering because of less home grown talents.Goa is doing a great job to nurture and promote the youth talents.Kolkata clubs picked North Eastern players based on  the sole criteria of speed and stamina and they are never had great skills compared to Bengal,Kerala(at prime),Goa(to some extent).</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">A club should be measured by its capability to win trophies and those who denies this are probably living in some dream world.You can make big surprises by sweeping news of tie ups and everything but if you do not win trophies you will face the same fate as MDS.This is applicable for all the clubs in India.</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Is winning trophies what we should be concerned about right now. We probably have the best looking National Team of Wikipedia and have gotten plaudits for it but is that all we should be concerned about.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Basically for Indian football we should just forget trophies. Eventually once a salary cap is implemented (god willing) we will see more parity and a new champion every year. The focus should be on development and until we all realize this it will never happen. We are not in a situation like England, Spain or even middle countries where development is natural and the focus is trophies. Fuck trophies at this moment. What was the point of Salgaocar winning the I-League and Federation Cup. What did it do? Nothing for Indian football. In fact after that we went through a rough patch with the national team, the club revolt and losing ACL games.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The focus is on development which for me Maharashtra is leading with the North-East and Goa right behind it. West Bengal needs to catch up and the EB School is a good step. MB need to stop thinking money for players will buy a cup. That wont and they wont win this year. That money should be used to develop there Academy. They have an Academy and yet they are still crap. Same with Prayag. The only way to help Indian football is to work on youth. The AIFF-FIFA Academy wont do it by itself, it needs the help of the top clubs in the country.</font></div>
    arsenalfan wrote: »
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    dip_anj wrote: »
    My two cents on the debate.Bengal had a rich past but nowadays we are suffering because of less home grown talents.Goa is doing a great job to nurture and promote the youth talents.Kolkata clubs picked North Eastern players based on  the sole criteria of speed and stamina and they are never had great skills compared to Bengal,Kerala(at prime),Goa(to some extent).</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">A club should be measured by its capability to win trophies and those who denies this are probably living in some dream world.You can make big surprises by sweeping news of tie ups and everything but if you do not win trophies you will face the same fate as MDS.This is applicable for all the clubs in India.</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Is winning trophies what we should be concerned about right now. We probably have the best looking National Team of Wikipedia and have gotten plaudits for it but is that all we should be concerned about.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Basically for Indian football we should just forget trophies. Eventually once a salary cap is implemented (god willing) we will see more parity and a new champion every year. The focus should be on development and until we all realize this it will never happen. We are not in a situation like England, Spain or even middle countries where development is natural and the focus is trophies. Fuck trophies at this moment. What was the point of Salgaocar winning the I-League and Federation Cup. What did it do? Nothing for Indian football. In fact after that we went through a rough patch with the national team, the club revolt and losing ACL games.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The focus is on development which for me Maharashtra is leading with the North-East and Goa right behind it. West Bengal needs to catch up and the EB School is a good step. MB need to stop thinking money for players will buy a cup. That wont and they wont win this year. That money should be used to develop there Academy. They have an Academy and yet they are still crap. Same with Prayag. The only way to help Indian football is to work on youth. The AIFF-FIFA Academy wont do it by itself, it needs the help of the top clubs in the country.</font></div>

Salary cap is different issue which needs to be implemented right now.But trophy winning matters otherwise in few years time you will see more clubs following MDS of kolkata at least they had a rich past to boast.<br>Some SLFC tied up with some Danish club and we started screaming about the progress.Was not the same kind of tie up and exchange of players JCT had done with Wolves and see their fate.If you want to involve corporates for clubs you need to win trophies.<br>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Well even a trophy or 2 would not have saved JCT if the points raised by @arsenalfan r not addressed. 
    somesh wrote: »
    Well even a trophy or 2 would not have saved JCT if the points raised by @arsenalfan r not addressed. 

Certain cricket got its popularity from 83 triumph and surpassed hockey as a favourite sports of India.Though there are other factors involved for hockey's decline as a sports, the primary being non performance.Corporate only invests if they see return on investments, they care a damn about creating academies and all if they get no profit out of it.Who cares about a footballing nation languishing at 164 th position out of 209 countries except some football fanatics.If you have noteworthy performance you will be backed up by proper funds which will take care of other issues.<br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Trophies are important for non footballing reasons also..like using it to get a fan base etc.
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    said:<br><br><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">The focus
    is on development which for me Maharashtra is leading with the
    North-East and Goa right behind it. West Bengal needs to catch up and
    the EB School is a good step. MB need to stop thinking money for players
    will buy a cup. That wont and they wont win this year. That money
    should be used to develop there Academy. They have an Academy and yet
    they are still crap. Same with Prayag.</span><br><br><br>Arsenalfan,<br>                 You write a hell lot but you are one of the most misinformed in this forum, <b>Can you explain why MBSFA is crap giving specific points without basically saying "oh well SLFC and Pune did well in the U20 I league, hence the rest all academies are crap" ?</b> Write a post on MBSFA and MB football school and the entire gamut of MB youth development programme, I am<b> openly challenging your knowledge about the MB youth development programme</b> of which you not only know no shit but keep on misinforming people through your posts and I am 200% sure all your conclusion is based on the team successes in the U20 I league this season. In one post you say Calcutta is bad because there only trophies matter but you make all judgments on youth development based on trophy successes. Have you visited the MBSFA or the MB football school, met with the CEO, the various officers, the coaching staff, the players, accompanied them to practice games, the infrastructure, the grounds they practice, the problems they are facing etc. , most of your posts have half information  and you give or suppress information as necessary to support the point you are trying to make, very akin to a nitwit continuing his tirade like a lower division clerk with absolutely nothing constructive whatsoever, criticisms and that too, based on wrong information. <br><br>As to MB only thinking money for its players, can you exactly tell me why all this happened and how player salaries suddenly got inflated this season, I want the exact turn of events, Also the history of salary inflation in Indian football, who started it, with exact salary figures, player names, also why should MB pay lesser salaries when they can afford it with exact MB budgetary estimates (% of money going into player salaries vs the amount going into youth development etc. ), amounts obtained from various sponsor sources and their preferences as to how the money should be spent, none of your lower division clerk tirade based on a nitwit's logic. <br><br>                You don't have an iota of knowledge of ground realities in Indian football, have never visited anything on the ground but keep<b> commenting on every thing sitting in your AC room in New York</b>.   You restrained yourself for a brief while and you have started again. You never care to get on the ground to do your research but keep commenting on everything spreading a hell lot of misinformation around, writing stuff which are entirely not true, in fact exactly the opposite of what is happening. Once challenged, your typical answer is "well then you tell me". <br><br>                It's very unfortunate how due to the lack of any control, this forum has became an avenue of spreading misinformation on stuff exactly the opposite of what is happening on the ground.<br>
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">@proj -</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Your demands are very logical. The points you have made and the questions you are asking are relevant. But at the same time please make these points WITHOUT hurting fellow IFN members. Some members may not have good knowledge or opportunities. It job of others to show them the path.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Even we demand that whenever anyone criticizes any initiative or any stuff in Indian football, they should come up with very good reasons rather than saying generally. But then we need to keep the forum going with good vibes and a friendly interactive sessions.</font></div>