Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    People are behaving as if Iceland was always a crap team . In the 90s their rankings hovered between 40-60. ..Early 2000s they were still arounds 50s. There was a temporary dip in their performances for 7-8 yrs. The quality of Icelandic players were always there, its not that all of a sudden they became brilliant. Majority Icelandic players have been playing in some of the best European leagues for a long time now which is also responsible for their performances . 

Its ridicuolus to drag ISL and make a mockery of the roadmap just for the sake of it,  in every post. Even USA, Australia , Korea have or had  a league without a pro rel for a long time. They are performing well in world football.  Those who are finding the new roadmap ridiculous are probably dejected with the fact that the top tier wont have a pro rel. Pro rel is a non issue, it can be gradually introduced after a few years, just like Korea did. As of now the new roadmap is impressive. I feel sorry for those who dont realise how ambitious the new project is and are busy pelting stones at ISL and calling it a circus. 
    NagendraBrainFallINDIAgaffertapekartik91archakatuljg
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I wouldn't call the new plan ambitious yet until we actually see something happen. Not trying to be negative but I would not proclaim something yet.

As for Iceland, you are right but it is still interesting to see how they did it. Obviously it has nothing to do with pro/rel, that does not factor at all with football development but rather what they have done in grassroots, the amount of professional coaches they have at youth levels, the infrastructure, facilities. David James just did an interview about this.
    red_devil
  • samsam 16428 Points
    AIFF top brass to meet I-League's Goan clubs on July 1 
    red_devilCarbon_14
  • samsam 16428 Points
    http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/7083/isl/2016/06/29/25156882/indian-super-league-tuncay-sanli-india-has-taken-a-hold-of?utm_referrer=https://www.facebook.com/

In addition to keeping fit, I followed what was going on in the I-League a little bit. India has taken a hold of my heart so it’s not easy to let it go!

Indian Super League - Tuncay Sanli: India has taken a hold of my heart

Deb_Bankartik91sanvedjadhav
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @red_devil The Iceland bit is quite right but I've to disagree with you in regards to Promotion-Relegation being a non-issue.
    While the no promotion/no relegation format has its advantage, the scourge of match fixers in football across the world is a major issue. Considering the convoluted ownership of ISL teams, the format essentially hands the baton to the teams to fix matches once they are out of contention for the playoff spots. These teams can make quite a fortune by selling the results and thereby destroying the trust of its followers. Most Asian and lower European leagues have a low credibility for this sole reason.
    The promotion-relegation format makes teams think twice before selling their result as they would be wary to drop down a division and the effects that come along with it.

@sam money talks
    Deb_Bandebarghya89namewthelddeepakcsouravindia
    That is no offense one of the lamest excuses I have heard for pro/rel, specially when match fixing is rife throughout Europe and South America
    red_devildeepakcsouravindiakartik91samiam
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    I said pro rel isnt an issue now as it can be gradually introduced in a couple of years. There are numerous examples of leagues with pro rel which have faced the brunt of match fixers. Pro rel , once again doesnt rule out the chances of a match fixing. Olympiakos was invoved in the 2015 greek football scandal, in 2004 there was match fixing involved in Portuguese Primera, even FC Porto's president was involved. Matches were fixed in Serbian league a few years back. In the 90s match fixing was rampant in Romanian football. Match fixing is  threat to football as a whole, got nothing to do with pro rel. Else matches in serie A wouldnt require match fixing. Even if there's relegation introduced, what makes you think that a financial superior team in the relegation zone will not pay off the refs to beat the drop on the last day? 
    archakNagendrakartik91
    edited June 2016
    This is just again a rubbish excuse for pro/rel, out of the other reasons I have read and I am not even fully against promotion/relegation (in the future)! This smells like something influenced based on the IPL scandal.
    red_devil
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Ofcousrse nothing like the match fixing of IPL can EVER happen in this circus as leading lights like Mr Sunder Raman are leading the planning of the circus
    Deb_BancoolgaganTNAmarkFromIndiagoalkeepar
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @red_devil The examples you provided are examples of fixing scourge that I mentioned above. Even some matches in UEFA Champions League and FIFA World Cup are under suspicion so we can both agree that fixing is a major problem in football. So, any format that reduces the chances of fixing by even .01 percent should be favoured in my opinion.
    My main point of contentions are:
    a. Convoluted ownership and conflict of interest among owners
    b. Huge financial losses annually
    Both these points provide enough motivation for the owners to collude. Moreover, the credibility of ISL has already been brought into question by allegations and it will be hard to trust after last season's final fiasco.

souravindiadeepakcDeb_Ban