I-LEAGUE 2012 -13 Round 3

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

%d%a> kshitij USFC> > Domnic said:> Guys any idea what are the ticket rates for I league matches in Kol, sikkim,shillong, pune. In Goa the rs 30 seems really less, yet people are not coming. But fot that stupid YCL today there are thousands at the stadium. Nehru stadium looks like a disco.%d%a%d%a%d%a%d%a80,150,300for USFC%d%a%d%a%d%a%d%a%d%awhat 80,150,300 gresses on the turf for USFC?

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

In India can u confirm the attendence. There are people jumping over walls, some guys even give 10Rs to guard instead of the Rs30 ticket.Then there are thousands of season passes issued to various clubs.How can u confirm how many pass holders have attended. There are a lot of issues that need to be addressed. We can only estimate the crowd. Different people will hv different estimates.

• > Domnic said:
    > In India can u confirm the attendence. There are people jumping over walls, some guys even give 10Rs to guard instead of the Rs30 ticket.Then there are thousands of season passes issued to various clubs.How can u confirm how many pass holders have attended. There are a lot of issues that need to be addressed. We can only estimate the crowd. Different people will hv different estimates.

Attendance is not really based on the amount of people who go to the game. Its always based on number of tickets sold. In the end that is all that matters. For example, when my New York Red Bulls announce a sell-out (22,000 tickets sold) and then we see only 18,000 at the game that is because they only count the number of tickets sold. If people choose not to come then that is there problem.

When Arsenal announce an attendance of 60,000 we can tell that 60,000 are not at the game. That is 60,000 tickets sold. 

Aaahhh!!!! New dimension to the word attendence. So if I enroll myself in a college with 20 other people and never attend, does that mean my attendence is 100%. Since I bought the seat but did not attend.

• > Domnic said:
    > Aaahhh!!!! New dimension to the word attendence. So if I enroll myself in a college with 20 other people and never attend, does that mean my attendence is 100%. Since I bought the seat but did not attend.

Not a good example mate. Do you understand in sports how the attendance is really counted for. In the A-League when they announced a 40,000 crowd for the MV vs. MH game and it looked like 20,000 they said it was tickets. Same in MLS, same in the EPL and even same with some Ligue 1 games. Not sure about the rest, nor do I care. 
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Officialy atendence is how many tickets sold unofficialy u can go and count how many people is at the stadium.

• > Joyptan said:
    > Officialy atendence is how many tickets sold unofficialy u can go and count how many people is at the stadium.

Basically. Honestly it makes more sense. Can Barcelona really count how many people actually attend the game or is it easier to count how many tickets you actually sold (most of which are online for them).

Ok. Lets leave it at that. I think we' ve dragged it too long. Each person can believe what he wants to. @ arsenalkid.

• > Domnic said:
    > Ok. Lets leave it at that. I think we' ve dragged it too long. Each person can believe what he wants to. @ arsenalkid.

Fine. Rather not make more enemies. :)

Just needed one clarification . The GFA issues around 5K+ season passes to various clubs at all levels. Can we count these 5K+ passes as attendence.