India vs Yemen International Football Friendly, 14th Nov 2012

Comments

• Exactly. 0 games in the Federation Cup and only 2 games in the I-League (both bench). How does this prove to be international quality.

My early problem with Wim is his lack of changing the squad. At first it was acceptable but now we are 3 months into the Indian football season. Durand Cup and the Federation Cup are done and we are 4 Rounds into I-League. You would think changes would be made to the squad but so far there are none.

Also did anyone notice that we are leaving out Jeje yet again. What does he need to do. He is on 2 goals in I-League and he looked really good in the East Bengal game. What the hell gives. And Raju Gaikwad makes the squad as well... WHY?! He has not even played a game in the I-League yet and has 1 game in the Federation Cup. And then you leave out Arnab Mondal for Gouramangi Singh.

I am sorry but this is just not good from our national coach. He needs to explain these selections. We may have won the Nehru Cup but remember, we lost to a young Singapore side with that squad. It will not win us the AFC Challenge Cup nor qualify us for the AFC Asian Cup.
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points

Jeje exclusion is just not right.In terms of experience and goals he is miles ahead of Robin.Hope Jeje returns as an even better player

• > Samiron said:
    > He will fail..he absolutely has no idea of Indian players yet.  The promising ones are left behind and the same guys who doesn't perform well are in the team. Is he such a crappy coach?   What about Rob Ban and others the so called technical director. If we win this gmae in home turf, no surprising as the crowd in Guwhati and hook or crook game will help Indian team.

I would not say that yet. Yes, his squad selection is BS but he is a very good coach. The way we played in the Nehru Cup was brilliant. That was not our best squad and it was learning a brand new style. It would be best to overall rate Wim next summer. He needs longer to prove himself but at this moment it does not seem right.
  • He is back. He traveled with Pune FC to Kolkata. He is well fit.

• > Samiron said:
    >

Arsenal...i also saw Nehru cup. Pls do not exaggerate Indian style of play.  It was at time rhythmic but most of the time like Indian school play but we defnitely had will to perfom but as for the style of game we are not so close  yet. Against Syria we were so so, against Nepal we were bad.  The best football i saw was under Armando Colaco.

Again, we were trying to get used to it. Dont tell me that Wim can come in with a squad he does not know and in 1 month change our style of play that quick. And the conditions did not help either. Trust me, when next we meet Nepal it wont be a draw. More like 3-0.
  • > Samiron said:
    > Armando colaco did that  immediately when he came witth new fresh face and some old goan players.

He knew them. Half the team already played for Dempo. They were used to him and the way he coached a team. He also knew the other non-Dempo players as he coached against them before. He aint stupid, he watches the players on the opposition to.

Wim did not have that and it is important to give him time so to develop a better understanding of what players best suit him.
  • > Samiron said:
    > Yeah Nepal with thrash us for sure 3-0 if this is the team and played in neutral place.

Now your just being a hater.
  • > Samiron said:
    > Reality check is Nepal still above us in ranking.

Do you actually believe that stupid shitty ranking. Fucking hell Bangladesh were ahead of us. Who won the last SAFF Cup? Who won the Nehru Cup? Who has the professional league and AFC Cup? Who played in the 2011 AFC Asian Cup?

Overall India destroys Nepal (who are relying on 14 year olds as internationals). Please... our U23 team can beat there seniors in a good pitch.
  • > Samiron said:
    > Yeah..now i have to believe in this ranking after seening Nepal and Maldives performance.  Remember we were defeated by them in their home turf.

When did we lose to Maldives or Nepal in recent times.
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points

> Samiron said:
    >

Nepal is definitely ahead of us in football..may it be club football , the fan craze in nook and corner etc

Dude you are out of your mind..Nepal is totally shit when compared to us..they were really very lucky that it was a shitty pitch that they got to play against us on in Nehru cup..coz they are used to it and we are not..Have you forgotten score line between Nepal and Cameroon?

we defeated the same Cameroon team!!

Actually I cant remember when was the last time Nepal beat us..their junior teams are filled with overage players..all tournaments they want to conduct on their high altitude grounds so that they get home advantage also..

And coming back to Maldives-Iran took them lightly in WC qualifiers..Forget that now even Maldives fans have accepted they are no match for India..diude we havebeaten then 3-0 and 3-1 last few timws..our u-23 team HAs won the SAFF cup yet ppl like you and SAFF member question our superiority :P