2012-13 I-League Round 17

1282930313234»

Comments

• I can see the AIFF justifying this... "Just remember, you guys were also direct entry clubs at one point. East Bengal and Mohun Bagan were in fact given direct entry in 1996 etc etc".

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

the East-West divisions ( or conference for us US guys) , is a veield way of AIFF justify the need to "save" USFC, Lajong and Mohun Bagan in case 2 of those 3 are in the relegation zone.

Last time Mohun Bagan was in relegation zone at season end , the League was expanded ! ....expecting the same again

• > gaffertape said:
    > the East-West divisions ( or conference for us US guys) , is a veield way of AIFF justify the need to "save" USFC, Lajong and Mohun Bagan in case 2 of those 3 are in the relegation zone.
    >
    > Last time Mohun Bagan was in relegation zone at season end , the League was expanded ! ....expecting the same again
    >

That is stupid. To do some stupid rule just to keep 3 clubs in the league. I mean Argentina did the same thing when River Plate were relegated so I can understand why the AIFF did it with Bagan but Sikkim and Lajong.

Why not just say that there is no relegation and that when Air India and ONGC are gone we would have 12 teams. Then 2 more would be promoted from the 2nd Division to make 14 and then 2 direct entry clubs would be allowed to make 16.

More practical.
  • > gaffertape said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:

> >
    > >

I> >
    Dodsal have land in Vashi /Navi Mumbai and will develop facilities there. Cooperage is not worth developing for a club , too much legal issues, too expensive and too far away from the football fans of Mumbai. No way that people will travel from Borivali area of North Mumbai to Coopergae to watch I-League games regularly.

DSK Shivajians had some promising meetings with Baan & Kushal Das last week, with regards to stadium and training grounds for National teams...

Chennai United FC just starting to take shape. They are in 3rd Division now, but they have plans to build a team for I-League 2nd Division team next season. Although Sunando Dhar has pushed them to make a direct bid, they are a bit hesitant , and will play the waiting game.

@gaffertape
    Thats weird. I used to live in Bombay. From Borivali or anywhere else, it is easier to go to Cooperage rather then going to Navi Mumbai/Vashi. Real fans of Football in Bombay are Goan and south Indian population and Navi Mumbai/Vashi is just too far. very difficult for fans to go there for night game and come back. Around the world, stadiums are towards city center-here Cooperage stadium is bang in South Bombay with VT and Churchgate station closeby and conncts whole city by local trains.

• There is no space though. I can see Cooperage as a temporary ground but just looking at it, it just seems impossible that we can ever have a proper stadium with Cooperage.

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

Cooperage location is perfect for everyone... you got single train connectivity to the place from borivali or kalyan or panvel.... what more you need..

but main problem with cooperage is how good will it be at the moment it gets ready