Arata Izumi

Comments

• > ashindia said:
    > We should get all the PIO's who agree to give-up their passport to play for India.Make full use of them.

Many years ago, I read about a girl who gave her USA passport to get India passport in order to sit in IAS-Civil Services Exams. She was successful. Once money improves in Indian Football, we can see many PIOs taking Indian passport as it becomes easier for them to settle here.

• > munna21977 said:
    > > ashindia said:
    > > We should get all the PIO's who agree to give-up their passport to play for India.Make full use of them.

>
    >
    Many years ago, I read about a girl who gave her USA passport to get India passport in order to sit in IAS-Civil Services Exams. She was successful. Once money improves in Indian Football, we can see many PIOs taking Indian passport as it becomes easier for them to settle here.

Arata is smart. He will become a mentor/guide for future Japanese players coming to India-something what Chima Okerie is doing for nigerian players coming to India.

• preetampreetam 870 Points

arata doing everything 4 pune fc.....scored a goal......wim shud give him a start...

• > preetam said:
    > James Moga doing everything 4 pune fc.....scored a goal......wim shud give him a start...

Fixed your post.

@Arsenalkid700

i actually want to tell that arata deserve a chance in indian NT....james moga will not play for india.....i'm just emphasizing on performance of izumi....by d way moga is striker so obviously he has the upper hand on arata in terms of scoring goals...
  • Well, ya. He is already a South Sudan international. However now that we are out of the AFC Challenge Cup (face it) I would think Wim would like to start the process of implementing more younger players. Of course you need to mix experience with that but I would think that experience would be from older guys who have many caps for India. Not 3. 

I DON'T think age shud come b/w selection.....as long as player  performs he shud be given equal chance...david beckham,figo,zidane all they hav played till 35...arata is 30...so if he keep his fitness right and of course performance then i see nothing wrong in  picking him in NT...i assume he can play till atleast 34....given that india team plays few international match...

• > preetam said:
    > I DON'T think age shud come b/w selection.....as long as player  performs he shud be given equal chance...david beckham,figo,zidane all they hav played till 35...arata is 30...so if he keep his fitness right and of course performance then i see nothing wrong in  picking him in NT...i assume he can play till atleast 34....given that india team plays few international match...

True. I do think he could provide something to the next batch of Indian youngsters who will play in the national team. I probably should have mentioned that in my last post.

Lets see. At this moment I am not as impressed as everyone else. He is good and is an amazing poacher when he can get in the box but he is not the creative kind of guy which is what we need. Again though, lets see.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

See India wont be playing any official tournament till mid 2015 ! So what I would say is play more younger players lets put the current 30+ guys out.

We should be targeting a 2018 WCQ 3rd round berth and 2019 Asia Cup berth,so WCQ will take place in around 2015-2016 and ACQ will take place in 2017 by this time Arata will be 34-36.Unless he plays like Francesco Totti I cant see him in NT plans anymore.

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

Arata himself knows this,hes already preparing for a career as a coach in India.