Arata Izumi

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    Feelin sad 4 him ,he didnt win fpai award...
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited May 2013
    preetam wrote: »
    Feelin sad 4 him ,he didnt win fpai award...

He didn't deserved any.

Best coach - can't get. Best venue - can't get. Best foreigner - technicaly can't get anymore. Best young player - he ain't young anymore.

Best Indian player - hell no.

He choud have got one if there was an award called Best former PIO .
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    There was "Fans" Player of the Year as well which I thought he could have won at.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    No one deserved the Fans Player of the Year out the nominees.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    ya,I also thought same as well
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    atleast compared to Amiri, Arata was a clear cut winner. But agree, no one deserved it... yeh sab andaar ki baat hain :)
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    <span class="userContent" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><div id="id_527fac254fe781816358144" class="text_exposed_root text_exposed" style="display: inline;">EXTRA TIME With Arata Izumi !<br><br>Favorite Club: Pune FC , Chelsea <br><br>Best Movie : James Cameron:Aliens, The Legend Of 1900, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag<br><span class="text_exposed_show" style="display: inline;"><br>Player I admire most: Kazuyoshi Miura ,Paul Scholes<br><br>Most loved Stadium: Balewadi Stadium</span></div></span><span class="userContentSecondary fcg" style="color: gray; font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"> <br><br></span><div><span class="userContentSecondary fcg" style="color: gray; font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Credit - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=545220738902071&set=a.445659322191547.1073741828.445396648884481&type=1&relevant_count=1</span></div>;
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    No regrets over tricolour loyalty: Arata Izumi

The clamour for Players of Indian Origin (PIOs) to be drafted into the Indian football team have grown louder since India lost to 'tiny' Guam in a World Cup qualifier last month. Some have called for the government to modify the rules and the All India Football Federation (AIFF) too is understood to have put together a list of eligible players.
    Even someone like Michael Chopra — who refused the offer at his prime — is now willing to take up the Indian passport.

All of this must have made a certain Izumi Arata cringe. The half-Indian half-Japanese footballer knew what he wanted and was willing to make the sacrifices to represent India.

"It all depends what the player wants. In my case, I wanted to represent the Indian national team," said Arata, speaking with TOI after returning to India from a refreshing holiday in Japan.

Arata made history when he became the first Indian origin player to represent India in a friendly against Palestine in 2013. The then coach Wim Koevermans decided to bring Arata into his side after the Japanese midfielder procured an Indian passport, thanks to his mother who is an Indian, and his wife, Shweta.

"I have no regrets at all. My dream was to represent the national team and I am confident I will return to the side. I am willing to prove myself," said Arata.

"I missed out on ISL last season. It was a great football event. I could see the quality (of the players) and the crowd response was amazing. As a football fan, I was delighted to see the crowd. I've never seen something like that in India," he said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/…/articlesh…/47917180.cms
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Times of India journalist as usual show their ignorance on Indian Football. Arata father was Indian not mother as this article is saying. Gujarati Father and Marathi wife makes his decision to become Indian citizen much easier.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    if i am not wrong PIO's also represented India during SC's first reign