I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Odafa will make opportunities for himself most of the time by jostling with players but Ranti requires to get the correct passes. I would say both are equally good.

Only thing is Odafa sometimes loses his cool and starts shouting at his own players if they dont pass to him. Thats it. Or else he is still a feared striker.
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    I love this tete-a-tete with Arsenalkid!<div><br></div><div>Am not countering you, but wud try to correct you :</div><div><br></div><div>1. I have a huuuuuuuuge respect for EB officials - and i mean it! The kinda job they have done especially over the last 3 yrs has been exemplary. They have a better management vis-a-vis Bagan - absolutely no doubt about it. Its like a MNC(EB) vs an Indian bred co(MB) - their management style is extremely transparent and hence amongst many other reasons they have attracted the finest talents in India football in last couple of years - and most importantly without splurging money unnecessarily unlike Bagan. U can only hold on to your core group in a Team if u have good leadership team - EB officials have transformed them and bulk of the kudos shud go to TJM - he has been instrumental in giving the team a professional look. It wud , indeed be a huge loss for EB sans TJM - b'coz our football culture is such that without proper followups we tend to slip up.</div><div><br></div><div>2. I think u need to do a lil bit of homework on some of the I League Clubs; With Lalkamal and Carlos, they have a potent midfield. Carlos has been relentlessly feeding Ranti only for him to score! Just see the strike rate of Ranti, while Carlos was away in Costa Rica after his family tragedy. On the contrary, Denson is more of a spoiler(see the number of yellow card he receives!) in Bagan midfield and hardly creates any goal bound moves; there was actually noone in Bagan to operate from the "hole" and create moves till the time Quinston came in. But then again he is not a 90 mins player anymore. Sadly Nabi never gets a choice of his own as Bagan has been firefighting for the last 2 yrs! Jewel is a crap now, he somehow has lost footballing sense .....runs aimlessly..another Ishfaq Ahmed in the making! Wont be surprised if he gets the axe from Indian Team also. Manish Maithani can at max be described as someone who can help in making up the number for a team - just an avg player. You got to have midfielders in team who are creative/innovative/can act as leader for the team(Beto) - sadly Bagan has only one Nabi.</div><div><br></div><div>3. Regarding Dempo midfield - probaly u dint understand my msg. Dempo, indeed have the same core midfield group but who wud have fed Ranti incessantly for 90 mins this year? No one. Ageing pair of legs and thats the mistake Armando had made. Dempo's downfall can be attributed to Armando's arrogance and becoming complacent after tasting success consistently. Thats the difference btwn an Indian Coach and a foreign coach (read TJM) - TJM has never been complacent even when his team has been on a high; he has rather gone and developed Plan B/C in terms of player recruitment....his homework and work ethics is envious. Most importantly he has been honest in his approach - the moment he felt he was not enjoying his stint, he decided to move ahead...thats not the case with Armando - u have to know when u need to go out...football coaches like Cricket captains have a shelf life and one has to respect that and move ahead in life. Armando's exit certainly has been unceremonious - and he is responsible for this. </div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">1) Wow, one of the first times I saw you praise any aspect of East Bengal. Good on you.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">2) Shows by their results. Also while Hernandez was out Prayag only had 4 I-League games. Martins scored in three of them. He was able to cope with his absence. As for the rest though I agree. I started to overrate the Mohun Bagan midfield which I actually feel is a mess. I do feel that Jewel Raja should move to another club. I do feel that Manish is average, as is Denson. Wadoo is fine and Jacobs is amazing. So I wont counter you there, you are right and I knew it but I ignored my true analysis on the midfield of Bagan. And right now I am left wanting to see Odafa play right now. I still see him as a man who would fail abroad but lets see if you are right by the next game.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">3) You missed my point. Dempo is in 5th place at the moment. Only 12 points behind Churchill Brothers and with 39 goals scored all season. If they had Ranti Martins then they would still be contention for the I-League championship. He can make a team that much better. As for East Bengal, they have had there moments. Many times this season they had slipped up. They were running away with the I-League in December but threw it away and now find themselves 5 points behind Churchill Brothers. Injuries played a part in this but with the team they had that is not an excuse to draw with teams like Sporting Goa, ONGC, Air India, Shillong Lajong, and then lose to Mumbai FC. Silly points dropped. However I will say that overall Morgan's influence on the club has been great. Is he perfect... not even close, but he is a good, sensible manager who does like doing what he does.</font></div>
    Obviously TJM is not a perfect manager! He wudn't be ofcourse - else why wud he be in an Indian club for 3 yrs! Soccer, being a global sport, there is a huge supply chain the world over - rather than the demand! hence u wud see people like Carlos, Bilal, Angela etc coming to India!  I am only saying the kinda of professional look he has given to the team augurs well for EB and we must have more of these kinda managers - Pappas is one such. But Yeh Dil Maange More....!<div><br></div><div>I still feel, EB has a chance in the I League this year - remember they are adrift by only 5 points from Churchill and Churchill has to play Bagan twice...! And given the way Bagan's graph is slowly inching up, they wont be any pushover - especially with the wind of transfer already setting in, these would be the matches when both the big players and the fringe players of Bagan would give their life in order to attract better deal with the clubs! So EB must not lose focus. Also their strike line is the least expensive and least experienced strike force in this I League(from amongst the clubs who are staking claims to the title) and going by that TJM has done a brilliant job in terms of shaping up Manandeep/Baljit and co. </div>
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    @soccerlover. If rumours are to be believed, then Beto, Henry , Yusa, Moga(Omg they want him??), Bello, are heading to MMB. Then who is leaving??? Which players would you prefer as a MMB die hard fan. Are you sure Odafe will remain at Bagan. Bcoz there is lot of talk of a return to Goa. Any idea.<br>
    Domnic wrote: »
    @soccerlover. If rumours are to be believed, then Beto, Henry , Yusa, Moga(Omg they want him??), Bello, are heading to MMB. Then who is leaving??? Which players would you prefer as a MMB die hard fan. Are you sure Odafe will remain at Bagan. Bcoz there is lot of talk of a return to Goa. Any idea.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Odafa's contract was renewed abt a couple of weeks back.</div><div><br></div><div>As for my personal choice, I wud prefer Eche(defence), Katsumi - in place of Tolgay; am not sure about Beto - he is past his prime and has become injury prone; currently he is in Kolkata apparently recuperating from an injury ( u may read it as striking a deal with some Clubs!); I have heard Karim prefers Ruiji - but he is also aged  and hence not my choice. I think Bagan should may a sensible purchase - instead of rushing into things. But I like this Katsumi - my guess is there wud be many interested clubs for him this season. As for Henry, Moga, Bello those are not the right speculations.</div><div><br></div><div>but again Bagan need to assess if they really want Beto - I just hope they dont keep on repeating mistakes!</div>
  • SumantraSumantra 70 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    Domnic wrote: »
    @soccerlover. If rumours are to be believed, then Beto, Henry , Yusa, Moga(Omg they want him??), Bello, are heading to MMB. Then who is leaving??? Which players would you prefer as a MMB die hard fan. Are you sure Odafe will remain at Bagan. Bcoz there is lot of talk of a return to Goa. Any idea.</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Odafa's contract was renewed abt a couple of weeks back.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">As for my personal choice, I wud prefer Eche(defence), Katsumi - in place of Tolgay; am not sure about Beto - he is past his prime and has become injury prone; currently he is in Kolkata apparently recuperating from an injury ( u may read it as striking a deal with some Clubs!); I have heard Karim prefers Ruiji - but he is also aged  and hence not my choice. I think Bagan should may a sensible purchase - instead of rushing into things. But I like this Katsumi - my guess is there wud be many interested clubs for him this season. As for Henry, Moga, Bello those are not the right speculations.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">but again Bagan need to assess if they really want Beto - I just hope they dont keep on repeating mistakes!</div><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I believe MB should retain the trio Odafa Tolgay & Eche. Most importantly, Karim has built a team, what they probably need some good midfield players, and 1 or 2 quality central defenders.</font></div>
  • SumantraSumantra 70 Points
    <div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify;">I believe MB should retain the trio Odafa Tolgay & Eche. Most importantly, Karim has built a team, what they probably need some good midfield players, and 1 or 2 quality central defenders.</span></div>
  • sujoy76sujoy76 0 Points
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify;">I believe MB
    should retain the trio Odafa Tolgay & Eche. Most importantly, Karim
    has built a team, what they probably need some good midfield players,
    and 1 or 2 quality central defenders.<br><br>yes, you are right, sumantra<br><br>Beto or penn will be the 4th one<br></span>
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited April 2013
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Look at this. The same talk about the same old shitty foreigners. Is there any other news about better players coming into the league? </font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I would love to see a guy like the one that Ash found come into this league. Someone who is proven and may have some international caps?</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I mean we have some guys in the J. League Division 2 who would love to come to India. The money is better here, trust me about that. If not then the Japanese Football League. We got a quality guy like Arata from that league. Why not attack the Thai Premier League? Not all the teams are as rich as Buriram United, BEC Tero Sasana, and Muangthong United. They have some good quality players at poorer clubs like Thiago Cunha from Chonburi.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">These guys are affordable for the Indian leagues. So enough of James Moga and go out there and look at the market. There are many good players that are affordable. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also why not loans. I see so many 18-20 year olds in Japan who do not even play for the first-team in the J. League Division 1 so why not give them some practice in India. Albirex sends guys to the S.League so you can tell that they would be willing to send to India if they can send to Singapore.</font></div>
This discussion has been closed.