I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    edited April 2013
    by d way u can't expect them to score evrytime as they r DF...rarely they get a chance and hattrick by DF is praiseworthy and if i'm not wrong he is the one who earned a trial in Europe
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited April 2013
    preetam wrote: »
    by d way u can't expect them to score evrytime as they r DF...rarely they get a chance and hattrick by DF is praiseworthy

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>I did not say I expected him to score every match. I just have not seen that much in terms of stats to really make a judgement on him. HAL matches were never really televised so I can only give you what I have seen of him in matches that do get televised and with the Nepal national team.</div><div><br></div><div>Again @Rudra would be better as he has seen Rohit play in almost all his home matches.</div>
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    @rudra<;div><br></div><div><br></div><div>how good is rohit chand??or maybe bad??</div>
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Rohit Chand played as an attacker in the game he scored a hat-trick.<div>HAL sometimes used him on the wings too , coz of his pace.</div><div><br></div><div>Is he good enough for I-Legaue !!!  HELL NO...  in his defence (no pun intended) he scored more goals than Anil Gurung (Nepal striker) did in I-League  <span style="font-size: 10pt; ">:))</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><br></span></div><div>what you guys are missing ,which Arsenalkid is making a very valid is point is :</div><div><br></div><div>WIth proper scouting & patience ( a lot of players will take time , even 2 seasons ) you can get excellent players for half the price that Indian clubs are paying the likes of James Moga , Stanley Okorugwe , Eric Brown * (he's a winger not a striker) , N.D Opara,  Gbeneme Friday etc. etc. </div><div><br></div><div>United Sikkim with the help of Libero did this & brought in Quniten Jacobs & John Menyongar</div><div>some 2nd Division teams also used this startegy very well & brought in some bargains who did very well in 2nd Division, but due to lack of TV coverage or reporting , many teams missed the chance to see this. </div><div><br></div><div>Expect 2-3 of them to be at I-League clubs next season.</div><div><br></div><div>I agree that the days of Koko Sakibo, Juniors, Muritala Ali's etc is over & we need players who can bring something more to the game , both on & off the field.</div><div><br></div><div>Odafa is just a bully that struggles against good defenders, & once the new batch of Indian players start to come through the ranks , players like him (will struggle.</div><div>Ranty still has good movement which will allow him to always score goals, both in India & abroad.</div><div><br></div><div>*As for caps for African players from some of the smaller countries, you can buy 2-3 caps by using the right contacts in those clubs !!</div>
  • Exactly! @gaffertape gets it! In fact he said it better than me. Right to the point! <div><br></div><div>And actually I did not know that about United Sikkim. It worked though and now we have some good players in Johnny and Quinton.</div><div><br></div><div>And dont get wrong. I understand that with 4 foreign slots we can not have every team filling them up with only guys that would improve the league. We will need those extra filler players like Moga or Eric Brown but that should only be at the price they are good for. Not 100% more.</div><div><br></div><div>Meanwhile I am guessing Gaffer means that those Africans can buy caps for their national team not their club team.</div>
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    This season only Churchill had four foreign players with international caps. Others may have had one or at max two. I have not seen the Kolkata teams bite the bullet and sign some new players. But in recent years they are also trying out one or two new players. But as many Bengali's say that the pressure of failure is so high that none of them have the guts to go for new players.
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    Domnic wrote: »
    This season only Churchill had four foreign players with international caps. Others may have had one or at max two. I have not seen the Kolkata teams bite the bullet and sign some new players. But in recent years they are also trying out one or two new players. But as many Bengali's say that the pressure of failure is so high that none of them have the guts to go for new players.

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Well it is not as if you need international capped players (Beto BTW). Just guys who are proven abroad or have a history. Just a different type of signing from the usual facebook Nigerian. Thats it.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As for the pressure. I wont call it pressure fully. Like Gaffer said, you need to give the player time to get used to the Indian climate but yes the pressure of playing in Kolkata is huge from what I see and hear.</font></div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9376 Points
    Guys keep these Tu Tu Main Main out and give us some real rumors !<br>
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited April 2013
    ashindia wrote: »
    Guys keep these Tu Tu Main Main out and give us some real rumors !<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Amos Omeje signs for East Bengal.</div><div><br></div><div>Lagos 3rd Division wonderkid Eche Ikuwadi signs for Dempo.</div><div><br></div><div>Former American 2nd Division and Cameroon youngster Ashanga Reh-Reh signs with Mohun Bagan.</div><div><br></div>
This discussion has been closed.