I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    <span style="text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Someone who is proven and may have some international caps?</span><div><span style="text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div><span style="text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div><span style="text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">this is what i'm talking about bring someone who has international cap(means they r d best in their nation thats why they r in NT) and why only thai players bring best player from their respective country from saFF i'm happy to see B.arezaou(best player in afg)...same way ali asfaq(best in maldives...goals in afc proves,bit overated but still) so that those country will also follow i-league...and north korean players can be good as their rankin is not so high so if financially indian club can afford then its gud.....but i only want these player from asia only as indian player will know abt their country(and we shud get avg.asian player who r havin international cap at nominal rate,but they shud be better than indians,so that we will learn)</span></div>
  • shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points
    Wikipedia says that eric brown had a call up to the liberian national team,is that true?
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Well I did not mean that international caps have to be mandatory. The player Ash choose just happened to have caps Cameroon. I mean it would be better but obviously it is not as if it works out straight away (see Densil).</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">In terms of the AFC I am still suspect over Ali Ashfaq. I saw his goals in the AFC Cup and I am still not convinced he would have it that easy in India. Perhaps at a smaller club but I do not see him doing what he does at any big club at all. United Sikkim could get him as a replacement for Pablo Rodriguez who has not been as good as stats say. Other than that what else is there. Pakistan have some good foreign born guys but the only one I can see doing well in India is Zesh. The rest... so-so. I would like to see how Kalim Ullah would do though in India. 23 goals in the Pakistan Premier League last season. That is really good considering no one else made it to 10. But Nepal has no one, nor does Sri Lanka, Bhutan has no one, and Bangladesh has no one.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Other than the one Maldives player, the few Pakistani players, and the few Afghan's I dont see much in the rest of the SAFF.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">But going back to main discussion here, the Thai League and J. League 2 (or JFL) have players who would come here and increase the quality of the league. I had it with the normal signings of random Africans who have no history at all and seem to be guys who saw they failed in there country and just waltz into India. Sometimes it works out but not here. They have been here for years and have done nothing. Indian football is still bad. You cant make it better with these guys. This is a product and it is a product ran badly.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If we just increase the level of the foreign signings while also putting in place a respectable, sensible salary then it will work for us on and off the field. </font></div>
  • shakkeerKM wrote: »
    Wikipedia says that eric brown had a call up to the liberian national team,is that true?

<br><div><br></div><div>Where? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Brown_(footballer)</div>
  • shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points
    I found it on liberian national team page
  • shakkeerKM wrote: »
    I found it on liberian national team page

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Oh. I will check. Most likely it was an IP edit and that there is no reference.</div>
    edited April 2013
    agreed wid most of ur points..thats y i said best from SAFF balal and ali is avg. enough to be in i-league and wid this we can market i-league in afg. and maldives.and increase fan followin and from nepal one defender is good who earlier was part of HAL team something like gurang(not sure abt name)...apart from that, player from north korea can be gud as they hav participated in WC so they can be star attraction in i-league...
  • preetam wrote: »
    agreed wid most of ur points..thats y i said best from SAFF balal and ali is avg. enough to be in i-league and wid this we can market i-league in afg. and maldives.and increase fan followin and from nepal one defender is good who earlier was part of HAL team something like gurang(not sure abt name)...apart from that, player from north korea can be gud as they hav participated in WC so they can be star attraction in i-league...
     <br><div><br></div><div>North Koreans are overrated. The ones that made the World Cup are either in North Korea or are in Europe so they will never come to India. Specially the ones in North Korea as I dont think anyone has any connection to them.</div><div><br></div><div>Rohit Chand is the guy you are talking about. He was okay but not amazing. He scored a hat-trick last season with HAL but other than that he has not done much. @Rudra would be better to give an analysis on him as he basically saw every HAL game.</div>
    yup its him..rohit chand....where is he now?
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited April 2013
    preetam wrote: »
    yup its him..rohit chand....where is he now?

<br><div><br></div><div>He currently plays for PSPS Pekanbaru who play in the Indonesian Super League. According to soccerway he has played 11 games (in which he started in 10) with 0 goals while PSPS now lie in 15th place after 14 games which leaves them in the relegation play-off place.</div><div><br></div><div>Yep, great change for Chand.</div>
This discussion has been closed.