Coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• I meant by giving Savio a one year deal. Wim needs someone who has expirence in the senior set-up, maybe after one year we can get a good assistant dutch coach.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    i think narayan menon will continue with arrows
  • rudra wrote: »
    i think narayan menon will continue with arrows

<br><div><br></div><div>That is probably best.</div><div><br></div><div>Savio can help Wem and Narayan can help the new Pailan coach.</div>
  • BTW out of Interest do we expect Wim to use his connections to get a few Indians abroad if good enough. So say for a player like Sunil Chhetri or Subrata Pal, then Wim could use possible people he knows in the Netherlands or Ireland.<div><br></div><div>I would actually love that.</div>
  • anandanand 0 Points
    @arsenalfan<;br>Actually he is not that great as Coach, I've done some research since i want to work on his wikipedia article.It mentioned as He coached Netherlands youth team from 2002-2008.But he didnt,he was coaching and trainer for youth in KNVB academy not the national team.<br>
  • anand wrote: »
    @arsenalfan<;br>Actually he is not that great as Coach, I've done some research since i want to work on his wikipedia article.It mentioned as He coached Netherlands youth team from 2002-2008.But he didnt,he was coaching and trainer for youth in KNVB academy not the national team.<br>

<br><div><br>What about with Ireland.</div><div><br></div><div>BTW Do some research on Rob Baan's time with Australia. You will be surprised and depressed at the same time.</div>
  • anandanand 0 Points
    @arsenalfan<;br>He was appointed as High performance Director kinda more deals with tactics not as coaching staff. When their Coach left U-21 team, He was appointed as interim coach for UEFA championship qualifiers but they failed to qualify.<br><br>The last club he coached was MVV. They got promoted on (1995-1996) season. Wim was appointed as coach during ( 1998-1999) season for 3 years (1998 -2001).<br>In thie 3 years time they got relegated and finished 14th in second division in his last season..not so impressive 
  • Many top teams failed to qualify for the Euro U21 Championships. Does not even matter.<div><br></div><div>Also many top coaches failed at high levels. It happens. I am sure he will be a success.</div>
  • soumiksoumik 121 Points
    If Koevermans can share some of the Dutch football philosophy with us, our football will benefit. He looks like an ordinary coach but must have been a very good player to have made it to that Holland team. And a good player knows  his craft
    best
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    When micheal nobbs joined hockey team,hockey fans thought what is this selection....and 3-4 months downline we saw some even thinking of a chance at medal....<div><br></div><div>so dont judge by his past experience....judge any coach it be after his initial time at indian camp..</div><div>that could help us judge about his influence on our national team</div>