I-league news

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29620 Points
    I had intended to make the I-league Round 1 thread today but will not be able to do it due to some pressing personal problems. I will be making it on the 29th. Thank you all for bearing with me!
    sam
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9956 Points
    Nobody loves I-League 😢😥
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29238 Points
    I will make I league general discussion thread if people have no problem
    thebeautifulgamedebarghya89sammunna219777jitug1979giridharangaffertapenamewtheldChelseafandeepu
  • haritrams24haritrams24 kerala1990 Points
    Former Dempo Technical Director Katz Naidoo is no more. South African born Katz Naidoo joined Dempo as technical director in 2015.
    ashindiagiridharangoalkeeparmunna219777
    Among all these talks of merger & take over, my heart pains for imminent closure/ demotion of I-League as we knew it.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Merger takeover are going on for 5-6 years. It is more about dissing down the league with which they have competition. thats why all the rumours !!
    Deb_Ban
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2974 Points
    it's better to ATK to move base from Kolkatta, let the 2 giants stay in kolkatta.  May be Patna/Ranchi or any other district in UP
    EastBengalPride
  • SnepSnep 277 Points
    It s better EB and MB are kept out of ISL, they are amateur clubs and should not be given entry into ISL unless they qualify on merit via i-league. This will keep the quality if ISL intact. In fact I would like to see Gokulam, Chennai FC and clubs from Goa in ISL.
    goalkeepardev_pfcashindiaEastBengalPridedebarghya89haritrams24
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29620 Points

I-League could feature corporate teams, squads to be trimmed to 30 players

he All India Football Federation (AIFF) on Tuesday explored the possibility of including corporate teams from the next I-League season while reducing the number of registered players in a side from 35 to 30 — which includes having a minimum of five U-22 players.

A proposal to promote two teams from the 2nd Division to the I-League was also discussed during its League Committee meeting here.

“For the upcoming season of the I-League, the possibility of including corporate teams through a bidding process was discussed. It was also discussed to include corporate teams through a bidding process in the Hero 2nd Division League,” the AIFF said in a release.

A decision regarding the same will be taken at the end of the season, keeping in view the requirements of teams in the I-League at that time.

“The committee agreed to analyse the individual needs of the state leagues, I-League, Indian Super League, Durand Cup, Super Cup and IFA Shield, and accordingly prepare the season’s football calendar and adjust the transfer window for players, if required,” the AIFF said.

“The broadcast of the I-League was discussed, which has seen an improvement in production quality. The possibility of broadcasting more matches in the youth and 2nd Division Leagues was also discussed.”

It informed that Mohammedan Sporting’s matches in the 2nd Division League will be broadcast on Kolkata TV.

“This arrangement is, however, been made by the club with permission from FSDL. Other teams in the competition are welcome to do the same as well and can seek permission.”

From the next season of the Hero Elite League, registration of foreign nationals based in India will be allowed, keeping it in line with the Junior and Sub Junior Leagues. Both, however, are subject to ratification from the AIFF Executive Committee.

The committee was apprised of the ongoings in the national level leagues.

A brief report was presented on the development of the Hero Indian Women’s League, Khelo India Girls Football League (U17) and Golden Baby Leagues.

A proposal from the chairman to start a 2nd Division IWL was also discussed. It was decided that the league department shall make a plan regarding the restructuring of the women’s leagues.

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/football/i-league-corporate-teams-next-season-squad-size-30-players-u22-aiff-indian-womens-league-hero-elite-league-indian-super-league-durand-cup-super-cup-ifa-shield/article30793039.ece

goalkeeparmunna219777
    The broadcast of the I-League ... has seen an improvement in production quality: can anyone confirm?
    ashindiathebeautifulgamegoalkeeparmunna219777