I-league news

Comments

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Tamil Nadu FA and SDAT in general are corrupt organization. Both for their ego have stopped CFA senior division which was one of top state leagues and gave platform to a lot of TN players who ended up playing for CCFC. AIFF are corrupt themselves being headed by someone who cant name 5 Indian players and dont give a shit of what happens under state FA because they dont want people question their illegitimate re-Election of their president 

CCFC issues though are different though the owner comes from a wealthy family and is passionate they have a history where they failed to pay their players for months and this does seem like a case of mismanagement at their end 

But again how many clubs are AIFF going to see close down and start giving a shit Shillong which during a time used to attract 25k people consistently and had a massive part in bringing in young players to the fold has disappeared completely from national scene 3 clubs Lajong, Wahingdoh and Rangdajied all went away 

Dempo, Salgoacar, SCG all  responsible for current gen Goan footballers no longer seem to bother 

Aizawl is clearly struggling and We have had so many other clubs close shop. 

These clubs are massive loss for Indian football because they used to injected massive breed of new players into Indian football 

forget about seeing Edwin Sydney, Soosairaj Micheal, Regin, Romario and other massive influx of talent because Chennaiyin FC does not care about these guys and they never will. CCFC closing down is massive loss for TN Football and future of many bright young talent.
    munna219777Carbon_14goalkeeparDeb_Banashindiaindian_goonerG_Kathi_bheekarangiridharansparta
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Please make a thread for I-League this time also :)

The Hero I-League 2021-22 season is all set to kick-off at the Mohun Bagan Ground in Kolkata on Sunday, December 26, 2021, where TRAU FC will take on the Indian Arrows at IST 2 pm.

The matches in the Hero I-League this season will be played across three venues – the Mohun Bagan Ground in Kolkata, the Kalyani Stadium in Kalyani, and the Naihati Stadium in Naihati.

The number of teams in the Hero I-League has increased this season, with as many as 13 teams taking part in the league, and all of them, along with the referees, officials, and volunteers will be housed inside bio-secured bubbles in four different hotels across Kolkata.

“The AIFF has been a pioneer in the Indian sporting ecosystem in hosting sporting events from inside bio-bubbles, and we are happy to continue providing a safe haven for the players, referees, and everyone else involved in running the league,” said AIFF Leagues CEO Mr. Sunando Dhar.

“We have three new teams in the Hero I-League this season, and I would like to welcome Sreenidi Deccan FC, Rajasthan United FC, and Kenkre FC, as well as a huge welcome back message for all the other 10 teams that will participate in the league,” he continued. “We also need to thank all our partners, because the logistical and financial effort to house 13 teams in a bio-bubble for an entire season would not have been possible without their help.”

There are three new entrants into the league this season, with Sreenidi Deccan FC joining from Andhra Pradesh, while Rajasthan United FC and Kenkre FC have made their way to the league by dint of finishing first and second in the Hero I-League Qualifiers 2021, respectively.

As per the tournament format, all the teams are to play against each other once in a round-robin format in Phase 1, before being split into two groups in Phase 2 of the league – the top seven teams will make up Group A and the bottom six will make up Group B.

Once the divisions are made after the end of Phase I, the teams of each group will play against one another in a single leg round-robin format. While the teams in Group A will play to determine the champions, those in Group B will be in a relegation battle.

Deb_BanCarbon_14goalkeeparashindiaindian_goonergiridharan
  • i league and 2 pm kick off. perfect jodi since ages. :D
    anyways since fans are not  there, we can forgive them. but the plight of the players playing under such hot sun is not good.
    if they wanted to play in daylight, why not in the early mornings like say 8 am. even we had santosh trophy zonal games at 6.30am in the morning sometimes ago in kerala. the players will have so much of enregy in early morning which can be ultilized to full extent.
    goalkeeparmunna219777Carbon_14dev_pfcgiridharanashindia

Interesting. Both I-League and ISL occupy first position .in the pyramid. So I-League is not Second Division B)

Carbon_14
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    I-League gets the status of a Cup competition in order to get AFC Cup Slot. ISL had the same status before it was officially declared as the top division. 
    munna219777Carbon_14
    Sreenidhi Deccan FC will face defending Champions, Real Kashmir FC in the final of IFA Shield. 
    SDFC defeated Railway FC in the semis while Real Kashmir thumped GKFC to book their slot in the finals. 

Both I-League teams in the Finals with none from Kolkata. 
    munna219777Carbon_14goalkeeparindian_gooner
    I have a question. With Chennai City FC barred from playing in this season's I-League and Kenkre FC taking their place, what happens next season? Will CCFC get back their position in I-League or will they have to play in 2nd Division. If they get direct entry into I-League, it will make it a 14 team league, which I think will be wonderful. 
    But given the way AIFF is continuing to treat I-League, can't blame if more clubs close down. My bet will be on one of the North East Clubs. 
    munna219777
    CCFC will shut down. They will not return even in next year I-league. Maybe if Abhishake Bachchan start Ahmedabad Franchise, CCFC might buy Chennaiyin Franchise of ISL.

giridharanCarbon_14goalkeeparindian_goonergaffertape