I-league news

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    It is almost December now.

When will AIFF  declare I-League dates ? 

There is going to be Hotel Quarantine.
    New variant Omnicron has further complicated international travel in case clubs are waiting for foreign footballers.

Very unprofessional by AIFF
    Carbon_14ashindia
    As I predicted, Chennai City was just not interested this year. They had released all their players.
    Carbon_14EastBengalPrideashindiaindian_gooner
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Issue is I-League makes no money neither does ISL. People field teams because they are passionate or want some tax exemptions.

Clubs inflated the market for themselves overpaying players. 

Ccfc always had issues i remember they didn't pay salaries in 1st season for months and initially wanted to pay players 20k-30k per month as per @gaffertape

Not surprising the money has run out. Kinda shameful for AIFF former champs are pulling out but doubt they dare
    munna219777Carbon_14EastBengalPrideashindiaindian_gooner
    What happened to all the money which Swiss club Basel FC poured into it ?  Owner Rohith Ramesh invested in Futsal League. Also all these talks about merger of Chennaiyin and Chennai City.
    At the end, club shut down

Sad news because this club gave a platform to local Tamil Nadu players.

Carbon_14goalkeeparDeb_BanatuljgEastBengalPrideashindiaindian_goonersparta

The AIFF Club Licensing Committee has taken strong exception to Chennai City FC (the “Club”) for failing to comply with most of the mandatory AIFF Club Licensing Regulations for the forthcoming Hero I-League 2021-22 despite giving additional opportunity after assurances from the Club including a detailed conference call

With the Hero I-League scheduled to kick-off later this month, the Committee wasn’t in any position to give any more opportunities to the Club, and henceforth, has unanimously decided to not grant the Exemption sought by the Club, after having failed to receive the ICLS Premier 2 Licence of 2021-22 season. As a result of not receiving the Licence or the Exemption, the Club is thus barred from participating in the Hero I-League 2021-22. The club is also serving a FIFA transfer ban which doesn’t allow them to sign players.

In accordance with the powers vested, the AIFF League Committee proposed the name of Kenkre FC as a replacement for Chennai City FC in the Hero I-League 2021-22. This decision has been ratified by the AIFF Emergency Committee. Kenkre FC, who had finished second in the Hero I-League Qualifiers (in October 2021 in Bengaluru), will be playing in the Hero I-League 2021-22.

The Hero I-League will kick-off as slated, in Kolkata from December 26, 2021, and the fixtures will be officially announced soon.

Carbon_14haritrams24ashindiaindian_gooner
    I-League starts from December 26  :) <3
    Carbon_14goalkeeparindian_gooner
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    That Tamil Nadu FA president seems to be an unprofessional rogue! Shouldn’t the AIFF intervene and throw him out?
    munna219777Carbon_14ashindiaindian_gooner
    edited December 2021
    I am sure his version of story will be different.

Chennai City FC is also the culprit along with Chennai Football association and TNFA. They have done no preparation in last 6 months. Twitter of Rohit Ramesh and CCFC club has updates on Arsenal club and India performance in Olympics - but nothing about their own club in last 6 months,

In past there used to be Madras Football Asociation and many clubs, PSU teams.
    Their two successors Chennai Football Association and Tamil Nadu Football association are at loggerheads with each other that who is the Boss. Court cases there against each other. Once TNFA placed a lock on the door and cut electricity connection of Chennai Football Association office.

In this fight, local football and players have suffered.

Carbon_14goalkeeparindian_goonergaffertape