I-league news

Comments

• indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    If you compare it with the way it started, the improvement is leaps and bounds. Though it's far from that of ISL.
    RonnyPassi
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29621 Points

Sreenidhi Football Club all spruced for Hero I-League

Having received the green signal to play in the Hero I-league from 2021-22 season for the first time, the Sreenidhi Football Club (SFC) is reviving and bringing a new dimension to football in the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.

In a bid to receive the old glory of football in these two States, SFC is currently running trials for its Youth teams to play Youth Hero I-League. A record 600+ registrations have been received from across different age groups (sub-Junior, junior, and elite), and have lifted the spirits of SFC, who feel that football in the State is still alive and they have a big role to play in this project. The trials were held at the lush green grounds of Sreenidhi FC.

Sreenidhi FC’s vision is to develop players capable of representing the state and national teams. In this regard they are coming up with a world-class complex dedicated to football with four pitches of international standards.

At a recent function during the trials, K. S. Sreenivasa Raju, Managing Director of the Sports Authority of Telangana State (SATS) and Secretary to the government – Tourism, Culture and Sports, motivated the players to take up the game while D Mohd Ali Rafath, president of the Telangana Football Association, encouraged the promising players to sustain and reach their goals.

The players were excited that they would have an opportunity to represent Sreenidhi FC in the Hero ILeague in the future. The final team will be finalized shortly although SFC may conduct a second round of trials by April/May. The Sreenidhi FC will announce the final list in May/June. The AIFF is expected to host the Hero I-League between November and April.

https://telanganatoday.com/sreenidhi-football-club-all-spruced-for-hero-i-league

munna219777indian_goonerNagendradeepu
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3615 Points
    edited February 2021
    @munna219777
    They are based out of Vizag and have 4 international standard pitches and have invested 50 CR, Hostel for stay, Education, food, medical, Equipment and Facilities etc are all made free. They are recruiting quite a few youth coaches.

They have some AFC B license coach for the last three years for their U13. They have physio and sports analyst. They seem to want to organically grow. We will have to wait and see.
    indian_goonerRonnythebeautifulgameCarbon_14munna219777deepuspartaChelseafanatuljg
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    They are Hyderabad based but tean will be setup in Vizag
    G_Kgaffertapegiridharanthebeautifulgamemunna219777deepusparta
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6470 Points
    @ Carbon_14 ; Though your comment looks sarcastic..

Let me explain.. Hyderabad FC is already in top division . Sreenidhi FC cannot enter directly into I league unless they change their base from Hyderabad.  
    giridharanashindiamunna219777deepu
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    What @Nagendra said is absolutely true. Sreenidhi FC actually have decent setup in Hyderabad but in already small market where a ISL club exists it makes no sense to spend crores. Vizag is a decent city, will be interesting how the crowd responds as the game is basically Unknow in that part of the country.
    munna219777Deb_BanNagendragiridharanindian_gooner
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited February 2021
    Vizag has an interesting Football History.

In 1984, Andhra University College of Engineering Waltair / Vizag Department of Architecture welcomed a new international student from Nigeria - Chima Okorie.
    He was scoring goals after goals on college ground. On PE Teacher advise, Chima was included in local Vishakapatnam XI  team for some tournament in 1985 where scouts from Mohammedan Sporting club watched the skills of First Year Architecture Student. Rest is history.
    Deb_BanashindiaG_KNagendragiridharanindian_goonerChelseafan