I-league news

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29258 Points
    Next year is very important, next year I league champion will be promoted to ISL
    indian_goonerCarbon_14gaffertapemunna219777sparta
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Jagmohan Dalmiya made cricket a financial powerhouse. Indian Football also needs it's Dalmiya. 
    indian_goonerdev_pfcgiridharanCarbon_14gaffertape
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    edited December 2021
    @atuljg Cricket was already no.1 sport in the country then, all he did was capitalized on the popularity
    munna219777
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    Football is also popular. But AIFF is a lazy organisation and completely sold themselves to FEEL. Now they are mere puppets in the hands of Aunty from Antilla. 
    Carbon_14goalkeeparmunna219777ashindiaindian_gooner
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    All 4:30 pm matches in West Bengal between December and February would be under lights. Also as the league is going to played during the peak winter months, the day time temperature would barely exceed 27-28 degrees with low humidity. I just wish it wasnt a joke with the bio bubble and 3 month duration. 
    munna219777sparta
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    atuljg said:
    Jagmohan Dalmiya made cricket a financial powerhouse. Indian Football also needs it's Dalmiya. 
    It was easier because India won the 83 World Cup and 87 Champions Trophy. No one cares if India wins the SAFF cup. Indian NT needs to make a splash at least at the Asian level for the general public to take notice. Instead the football community is busy worshipping a Chhetri who keeps saving India from humiliation against other poorly ranked teams. 
    goalkeeparmunna219777ashindiaindian_goonerdev_pfcsparta
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points

Aizawl FC Head Coach Yan Law and defender Lalfelkima attended a virtual press conference on December 19, 2021 to address the media on their preparations for the upcoming Hero I-League season.

The 2016-17 Hero I-League champions have made some big signings in the off-season and Law seems pleased with the business done.

“The signings have been fantastic in terms of the way we want to play,” he said. “Although it is a young squad, there is a good balance and we will be aiming to win the title.”

Indian football stalwarts like Willis Plaza and Aser Pierrick Dipanda Dicka, who have both worked under Law at previous clubs, will be linking up for the first time at this level and that has got the head coach rubbing his hands in anticipation.

“I’m really excited to see Plaza, Dicka, Bazie Armand and Olimjon Karimov on the pitch at the same time,” he grinned. “These guys are not just great players but great leaders off the field as well. They will be the perfect role models for the young squad around them.”

Another Indian player who has made the step up to this level after a spectacular last few months is Nikhil Mali. The Pune lad took the Hero Futsal Club Championship by storm and will be playing in the Hero I-League for the first time.

“He’s a really exciting player with the right attitude. He’s not your average player and I see a bright future for him,” said Law. “He brings a lot of excitement and flair to the team because you never know what he’s going to do with the ball. Nobody has taught him these things, it’s pure natural talent.”

Lalfelkima, who will be looking to make that full-back position his own, informed that the dressing room was pleased with Law’s appointment as Head Coach.

“It came as fantastic news to us. His teams have a reputation of playing good football and our Mizo attributes make us a perfect fit for his system,” he said.

Carbon_14indian_goonerNagendra

Shadi Skaf followed in the footsteps of Hamza Kheir, Bilal Najjarin and Akram Moghrabi to become the latest Lebanese recruit for Churchill Brothers.
    https://i-league.org/churchill-brothers-shadi-targets-18-finals-for-hero-i-league-success/

Carbon_14indian_goonerNagendra

“It was going to take something ambitious to bring me back to India,” he maintains. “The project was to make a footprint in Indian football by providing the right facilities and reaching the top.”

RoundGlass Punjab have dipped into the transfer market to sign a number of players familiar to Westwood during his first spell in India as head coach of Bengaluru FC namely – Rino Anto, C.K. Vineeth and Robin Singh.

“All of them have reached the heights of Indian football and fallen away at some point,” said Westwood. “So, they definitely have a point to prove and sometimes those are the best players to have.”

Westwood, whose playing career spanned two decades in the English game, points out that his reputation would always precede him in Indian football but that is not something he dwells too much on.

“Whatever I have achieved in my previous spell would always bring pressure but it doesn’t bother me,” he maintained. “The pressure amongst the players is something that comes from within and they’re still fighting to be in the starting line-up on the opening day. You don’t want to play football without the pressure.”

Beitia, in his third season in Indian football, is keen to have success with his new head coach.

“As soon as I heard he was going to be our coach, I was looking forward to working with him and having success together given his track record in Indian football,” he said.

“We are training very hard and we have a very good atmosphere and everyone is ready for the challenge of the Hero I-League,” he concluded.

Carbon_14giridharanindian_gooner
    Fernando Santiago Varela is no stranger to Indian football having led Gokulam Kerala to a Durand Cup title and going very close to winning the Hero I-League with Churchill Brothers last season. He has taken on a new challenge with Hero I-League debutants Sreenidi Deccan FC this time round,

Carbon_14indian_gooner