Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    I follow goal.com's I-League page, sad that MB people don't. EB drew against MFC because of poor defending irrespective of what Bishwajit says. It's because of poor referring a guy like Pronoy Haldar doesn't get a red card in every match, he plays elbow ball and the less spoken of Luciano's kicks the better. 

Norde is out of I-League this season it seems. Injury or non timely payment whatever it is! 
    deepakcgaffertape
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    Non timely payment to Sony Nordy is a bloody bullshit, some guys are always keen on spreading bullshit.
    Sony is expected to play against BFC.
    If Pranoy Halder deserves red card in every match then what colored Card is to be invented for Mehtab ?
    Some people are excited when they get a chance to speak about others. Perhaps they never saw their own face in a mirror.
    Period.
    munna219777
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @AKB agree , Mohun Bagan would've won the league before the last game if the goal versus Salgaocar stood.

We all agree  , Santosh Kumar is dog shit referee
    deepakcDeb_BanAKB
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    Woh sab toh theek hain! 

Aab bolo, what would be the future of Sanjoy "All Knowing" Sen!

With the best bench strength at his disposal, why has been playing with the same eleven all this while? And the moment Sony got injured, there was no one for the assists - the outcome being 2 losses and 1 draw. Hence I reiterate, it was b'cos of Sony's individual brilliance that Bagan scraped thru in many matches this year, before the cookie crumbled completely. Keane Lewis, who had a dream of a match against BFC is made to fart on the dugout after that for reasons unknown! Kingshuk Debnath is a bloody asshole who doesn't know to block is own fucking ass from leaking, hence is expected that he would continue to leak in soft goals. Luciano Sabrosa only concedes foul in dangerous area near the penalty box thereby giving opposition dolly set pieces near his own goalmouth, not to forget about his antics with the referees.And few die hard "Joy Mohun Bagan" fans continue to praise Guru Sanjay(he was himself a defender in his playing days - lol! ).
    In modern football, an attack generally builds up from the defense and in Bagan's case, our two so called stoppers just blast the ball away whenever the ball is in their zone - giving way to quick counter attacks which results in Kingshuk exposing his ass (as both he & Sabrosa cannot fall back quickly , given Luciano's age) and tehreby conceding goals. This is precisely the reason, why u see Katsumi and Sony often falling back in the defence to collect lose ball/snatch and then build up attack. Pritam Kotal, when he started off used to go for overlaps and kept the ball on ground and these days he along with Dhana is only interested to blast the ball away without overlapping and hence not adding more teeth to the attack by doubling up as wingers. So any nippy, fit team (mainly the North East teams) would always build up quick counter attacks with 3/4 players moving up from the defensive third region and tear apart Bagan defence who doesn't know the basics of football. The results against Shillong and Aizwal is just a reflection of that.

This is in a nutshell Sanjoy Sen and his long ball theory! 

Should we say now FUCK SANJOY SEN and NOT JOY...... !  ;)
    sparta
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    A bit harsh...but some pertinent facts
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Man it is difficult for any coach to satisfy you!! @Soccerlover :tongue: 

MB defense being weak is a known fact. But I do agree with you regarding Keane Lewis. 
    alecs
    edited April 2016
    Absolutely right @reddevil87 Mohun Bagan have a weak defence, everybody knows. To counter this they built a strong attacking force, but because of recent injury to Sony Norde & sustained fitness problem of Balwant...goals are not coming for the last 3 games. There will be ups & down in a League. Important thing is if you are mentally tough you can fight back otherwise you will be also rans. Acid test is on Saturday against Shivajians. That will separate men from the boys.
    Yes I agree to @Soccerlover about Kean Lewis.
    Anyway let us see if we are going to have the same 2 teams playing for the title in the last round like last year. Whatever it is.... I-League for the last 2 years has been breathtaking.
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    Wrong. pls get ur facts correct.

In the last 3 matches, Bagan have scored 4 goals and missed 1 penalty. So to say that goals not coming in the last 3 matches is wrong. When Sony was playing, it wasn't that Bagan was scoring in dozens! This League also haven't goals being scored at ease by any teams.

The problem is against 4 goals scored, Bagan have conceded 6 goals. And thats the problem. And while we can say that its a known fact that Bagan defence is weak, Sanjoy needs to plug that gap, which he hasn't, and thats the role of a coach to identify and correct flaws in the system instead of making this is routine affair. Ridiculous to say that since the defence is weak, Bagan has made a potent strike force!
    Ok......no arguments  Sir........head you win......tail every one loses. Period.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10069 Points
    MB defence weak only in papers. They have conceded least number of goals of all clubs in I-league save Bengaluru FC. They just do not have quality players (safe, non-error-prone, leaders,) in defence. But this is I-league. With mediocre players, you can just hang on. MB defence is doing that.

deepakcreddevil87AKB