Atletico de Kolkata News

Comments

• BFC_Johnson_fanBFC_Johnson_fan Left the Forum368 Points
    Haha get what you're saying, but you've gotta agree they did contribute in front of goal.
    Anyway, that's not, the point, 
    ArsenalFan700
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    Anyways ATK never did rely on big names in past two seasons. Players were mostly signed from Spanish top and 2nd division and from South African league, czech league. Even this year, most of the foreigners are young and around 30...with just one goal keeper being old.

Besides, ATK really needs to sign a Big name to get the crowd going, with all these boycott ISL going on in the minds of some (not all) legacy club fans (read MB and EB)

Its really difficult to predict at this point whether Forlan would contribute or not. ATK tried the young marquee thing and it flopped last year !! You have 37 year old strikers scoring 7 goals in ISL ...so..who knows. Forlan could well be the much needed experience, the team lacks this year
  • BFC_Johnson_fanBFC_Johnson_fan Left the Forum368 Points
    No, you're getting me wrong. I have nothing against Forlan coming, I want him to come, I posted about ISL in general, as the discussion now is about the delay in signing marquees. So, I wnted to say that rather than just signing big marquees , we should sign talented foreigners to improve the quality of football.
    red_devilNagendra
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    The fact that a big player who has played at the highest level playing along side indians who grew up idolising them, Thr motivation and positive energy that they get from that can never be underestimated.

Elano/Materazzi/Mendy had a positive effect on our players in CFC more than a Mendoza who sizzled, Examples on how Jeje, Jayesh improved can only be good for Indian football.
    BFC_Johnson_fanred_devilkartik91namewtheldsparta
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    East Bengal fans will vouch for the"positive effects" of Bernard mendy
    Deb_Banmunna219777
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    Mendy probably would have done better for another club. Signs a defender and plays him as striker..Clap !
    namewtheldDXkartik91sanvedjadhav
  • samsam 16526 Points
    He was a failure in the back too. Mendy has a glorious past, but now he must retire. Perhaps has nothing left in him. 
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Yeah he is almost done. I however wont budge when people call him a dud at i-league. I mean how dumb would you be when the coach of a top team in a country plays a defender as a striker just because he has the physicality.

• coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    The situation was dire at EB last season. They were desperate come may what so ever.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Mendy coming back is purely from the stance that he is a "popular" player for Chennaiyin. He is past it and would not surprised if he is on the bench mainly this season.