Atletico de Kolkata News

Comments

• indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    I've said it earlier and will say it again, Eden Gardens is also on army property and it didnt stop CAB to get it renovated for World Cup. If MB/EB/MSC really want to renovate, all they have to do is pull the rights strings.
    namewtheldArsenalFan700deepakckartik91
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    I think these MMB guys don't have the cash in the first place. On top of that, they are not negotiating hard enough with the army.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Seems every club is talking about a 25k seater stadium as a promise. 
    Last time a certain club from Bengaluru also promised a 25k seater.
    munna219777Deb_Ban
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    edited August 2016
    MB ground is already a 25k capacity mini stadia just like EB ground. Both grounds have bucket seats of around 10k each as permitted by the Army. MB ground already has flood lights. New press box is also completed. If I am not wrong, new dressing rooms are already being built. As @deb_ban had mentioned all ATK will do or can manage to do is fly some banners and clean the place up. ISL starts in 2 months, let's see their money and connection if they actually build anything or install bucket seats in all the galleries. 

P.s. Army may own technically rma Eden Gardens, CAB rules it, each brick and every grass of it. Also don't compare cricket's space with football, the 1983 WC has changed it forever , even in Kolkata.
    archakdeepakcnamewtheldCarbon_14Deb_Bansamreddevil87
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Would be awesome if they converted some areas into safe-standing areas ala Germany
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    Another thing ATK would do that at a later date they would claim the floodlights, press room, dressing rooms (100% sure of this one) and bucket seats were financed by them.
    deepakcmunna219777
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    ATK wouldn't build shit before this ISL. This is the truth. They will probably do after a merger.
    They'd only work on renovating the place to bring it up to certain standard for the ISL. So that the place looks decent both on and off the air. Simple
    ArsenalFan700deepakcDXkartik91reddevil87
    Army closes Maidan from 1-15 October, guess ATK won't play home matches during that time and practice in the Salt Lake central park ground. 

There won't be a merger as per say ;) 
  • samsam 16526 Points
    There will be a merger for sure. Can't see it coming? Just because you don't want it that does not mean it wont happen at all. There are some roadblocks ahead and which I presume will be cleared with time. 
    edited August 2016
    @sam Don't underestimate my wink D  And I want MB to survive, if they get renamed that will be good too, we will mock them some more for it.
    samAshishKaul