Atletico de Kolkata News

Comments

• coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Not only a race against time for ISL. But, also a race against time for FIFA visit. FIFA is due to visit this september/october. The focus will be on main stadiums. But, I guess training sites will also be visited. They are also important and need to be completed on time.
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    I guess we would get something like this in Rabidndra Sarobar. Floodlights shown here is that of Aldershot town (national league, England) . 

or this (Accrington stanley)
    AshishKaulmunna219777
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7328 Points
    The main training site is inside the Salt Lake stadium complex.. And it is ready with new grass and 4 floodlight towers
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7380 Points
    munna, the work mightve started already ,who knows?
    munna219777
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    I read in some newspaper that work already started in Rabidndra Sarobar including Flood Lights... But, I do not remember the source... Will post the news I can find.

Someone from Kolkata can confirm on this news...
    munna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Rabindra Sarobar is being prepared for U17 WC, it will be a training venue. It's funny how someone said that the gallery is better than at YBK, clearly they haven't seen the recent YBK stands post seat installation. 

And there is no ISL standard, Atk will play whatever they are given. They don't have any choice, going to Bengaluru or somewhere else would be as good as not playing at all. 
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    @munna21977 , "... Lets see then how fast they can erect Permanent FloodLighting Towers. It will be significant development if they manage to do this. ...": Who are "they"? AFAIK it is the GoWB (remember, they did not hand over the stadium to AIFF in spite of a public promise by the Govt, because of some procedural complications). And GoWB are taking care of the stadium, for whatever purpose (may be as back up training pitch for the training pitches at YBK). I would be delighted if ADK contributes something to this work, but knowing them and ISL management, I know they would only invest in their long banners (because those are the most visible of all kind of investments), and the humble phenyl, nothing more.

Erection of floodlight poles, being metal fabricated structures, should not take much time. That is, if the Govt are not involved. Augmentation of electrical power receiving transformers and other equipment would be a little long drawn affair, but manageable within this time frame. And as @Nagendra said, maybe the base work had already started parallely with the civil works (which are more visible).
    Nagendramunna219777
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Haha. Someone talked about YBK post installation of seats. Obviously, it will be better. That's why its called fucking renovation.
    I am specifically comparing Rabindra Sarobar Stadium's gallery with that of YBK's before renovation. This stadium has proper seats made of concrete just like Eden Gardens before renovation. YBK had what? Fucking Steps.

AshishKaulatuljgsanvedjadhav