Atletico de Kolkata News

Comments

• samsam 16526 Points
    edited August 2016
    I agree with most of your points. But do you think 15k for every match is realistic estimation even after considering the location of the ground?
    Deb_Ban
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @sam ATK has the glittering but so would East Bengal and Mohun Bagan hypothetically if they can get into the ISL. 
    Deb_Ban
  • samsam 16526 Points
    edited August 2016
    As an EB fan, I hope they add that glittering once they are in ISL. But the link to ATM and lack of emotion for traditional EB-MB and the experience of witnessing the lack of professionalism of EB-MB for such a long time will still attract those young people to ATK. 
    red_devil
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Well that is if Atletico Madrid stay with ATK. Already mentioned how the hypothetical drop in fanbase might work against the reasons Madrid is even in India to begin with and that is to increase their brand most likely. Would they be content being the potentially third, and least, most popular team in Kolkata?

If they are willing to stay on and are content with 15,000-20,000 (with potential to increase in the future) and sponsorships won't take a dent, then let them stay on their own.
    Ashleshred_devil
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    edited August 2016
    20% of Kolkata population is Marwari and you say that ATK wont be able to fill RS stadium. :/  (Thats only Marwaris I am taking into consideration. )...Include Dada fans as well !
    PS- I am no Marwari
    munna219777
  • samsam 16526 Points
    To go to stadium in every match whether it is rain, sun or busy day in office requires tremendous passion, which I think with all respect to them they lack. That is why I am again saying they may get full-house, but certainly not everyday. 
    munna219777Deb_Ban
    Passion doesnt develop in a year or two...we should talk about this 5 years down the line . ATK have been successful in drawing the attention of the younger generation who are neither MB/EB supporters. They just want to enjoy football. Those days of being in Bengal where you HAVE to be either a Ghoti or Bangal has gone. I am a bloody BA-TI   :p  
    atuljg
  • samsam 16526 Points
    I am saying exactly this. In first few years never expect full house everyday. 
    Ok ..not everyday...but I guess the average attendance should be ranging around there.
  • amirsid123amirsid123 mumbai246 Points
    I think their will not be 3 clubs in kolkata so early and we re gonna se Atletico de Bagan from next season