Atletico de Kolkata News

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Let's put it very clearly, the option to merge does not lie with ATK but with MB and IMG-R, specially the latter. What does IMG-R looses if they get EB MB in huge backups and shut ATK down? The answer to that question may seal the fate of ATK, for survival, merger or disappearance. 
    Deb_Ban
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    There used to be (maybe still have) Rajasthan Club in Calcutta. They had Football Team but I am not sure about their fans. Marwaris do come to Eden Gardens for IPL / Cricket and that fanbase must have shifted to ISL now.
  • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    ISL must allow The two Kolkata clubs,with promotion and relegation...both clubs will sit at the bottom of the table and get relegated...hahahahahaha...then there will be only atk in top tier...and obviously with star players...atk will recieve good support..
    Carbon_14ArsenalFan700AshishKaulatuljgdebarghya89kartik91
  • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    Every other year they might get promoted and again relegated...because bfc will obviously do better as they will spend more to attract Isl-standard foreigners...
    Carbon_14ArsenalFan700AshishKaulatuljgdebarghya89
  • amirsid123amirsid123 mumbai246 Points
    They cant shut ATK down because they have signed a thing called CONTRACT and Sanjiv Goenka has a good reputation in kolkata and i think ATK is in an advantage currently

• nikhilnikhil blru548 Points
    Kolkata can surely sustain a third club at the highest level. But the question is will ATM be satisfied  with the obviously less crowd support in the initial phase. If ATM are here for pure commercial interests they stand to gain more by lending their name to the likes of MB rather than going independently with ATK. 
    ArsenalFan700Deb_Ban
    And that is the way it is gonna ATK is gonna merge with MB and they are gonna fuckin rename it
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    As far as some media here is concerned, all 3 will play in ISL next year along with BFC. They will either add one more franchise from NE to make it 12 teams or shut down one of the existing ones to keep it 10. Obviously they will sugar coat the shutdown as best they can. If one of the existing ones get the chop it would be either Pune or Delhi IMO. 
    Dont think any of the above things you mentioned is going to happen
    Shutting down clubs who have a contract for 10 years and including a club who has recently bought an academy and a club who has got permission to open an academy in noida
    i think u are insane
  • nikhilnikhil blru548 Points
    I don't think any of the Northeast Ileague teams could sustain an year in ISL. They will go bankrupt unless there is some reimbursement of the travel expense and various others. I read a couple of articles where Larsingh was praising ISL  but still don't think he has the intention to play in ISL unless IMGR do covertly funds his team.