Atletico de Kolkata News

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    The birds should try to stop vehicle movement along Southern Avenue. They distaste honking cars.

An evening with a football match should be an evening well spent, even if the birds are not I-league fans ...
    samthebeautifulgamemunna219777red_devilsouravindiamohammed_87hassanSoham_Dekartik91
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30182 Points
    'I mean com on you can't stop everything in the name of environment.'--You seriously don't mean that? The theme everywhere is to 'go green' (not meaning in a political sense ;) ) nowadays--speeches, forums, academia, meetings, even if you do not possess an iota of knowledge of environmental consciousness :p 
    red_devil
  • samsam 16526 Points
    So, you are of the opinion of stopping the match due to migratory birds? I think that's too much 
  • AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    Cricket match goes on with thousands of seaguls in Australia  :)
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30182 Points
    I do not have any definite opinion...I am not exactly aware of how serious the issue is and what all is happening there... as you can see, my post was in a lighter vein and lastly takes a dig at the so-called armchair environment lovers (though I am extremely concerned about environment and respect people who are seriously trying to cut down on environmental pollution)...I am all for maintaining a balance between environmental concern and sports
    munna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Well ATK too is a seasonal entity much like the birds, AIFF is protecting them, so why blame the environmentalists? 
    Carbon_14AshishKauldeepakcmunna219777Soham_De
  • Questions :- 

1) When was the last time Rabindra Sarovar Stadium used for competitive Football match involving Big 3 of Calcutta Football?

2) Who is the owner of Rabindra Sarovar Stadium? State Government, Kolkata Municipal Corporation, IFA or any other Department?
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    Environmental considerations should guide us in all spear of activities, there is no doubt about it. In today's context, it would be suicidal to think otherwise. Having said that, we shouldn't stretch our concerns to the extreme. Southern Avenue is a very busy arterial road of South Kolkata. It is  a source of noise and air pollution 24x7. There is the old OAT (now converted into a full fledged auditorium). A garbage compaction unit has been erected nearby. The squatters' colony also contributes to the pollution. Before halting matches in Sarobar Stadium, we need to close down all these.

@Munna219777, stadium is owned by GoWB.
    samdeepakc
  • samsam 16526 Points
    Subhash Dutta is behind this I guess. Remember the book fair saga?
    red_devil
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points

Current Environmental Issues Raised[edit]

Pollution [6][7]

• Air pollution arising out of auto emission in Calcutta;
    • West Bengal chapter of Ganges pollution;
    • Water contamination in W.B.;
    • Mismanagement of Calcutta’s traffic system;
    • Failure of drainage and sewage system of Calcutta city;
    • Carrying night-soil on human heads;
    • Victoria Memorial Hall conservation and management;
    • Disorders in Botanical Garden at Howrah;
    • Theft of Noble Prize Medal and conservation of objects in the

Museums

• Pollution being caused by unchecked movement of lorries during night hours etc.
    • Failure of drainage and sewerage system in Howrah city.
    • Shifting of Esplanade Bus Terminus from Calcutta Maidan.
    • Use of eco-friendly bio-diesel for automobiles.
    • Use of renewable energy in place of conventional power to address

Global Warming

• Rallies and public meetings held on the roads of Calcutta City
    • Unreasonable price hike of coal by Coal India Ltd.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subhas_Datta
    Deb_Bankartik91