Atletico de Kolkata News

Comments

• red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points

ATKFF Magazine 2nd edition is going to launch on 15th of September 2016 at Sports Journalist Club Kolkata.

NagendranikhilAshishKaulsamsouravindia
    ATK will be playing Spanish 3rd tier side CDA Navalcarnero later tonight

alberto olmedo calvo ‏@alberolmedo1  

Hoy partido contra el Atlético de kolkata y foto con su entrenador, mi ídolo desde pequeñito José Francisco Molina!

• samsam 16526 Points
    edited September 2016
    ATK in trouble due to Green Tribunal verdict. 5 member committee has been formed to review if it is appropriate to conduct matches in R Sarobar from environmental perspective. They will submit report on 25th Sep. Next hearing date 27th Sep. Stupid Subhas Dutta !! Irritating. 
    munna219777deepakc
    Nothing will happen. IMG-R or ATK  will pay the bench ...plus CM might step in , she wouldnt want an annual extravanganza like ISL going out of hands from West Bengal , especially Kolkata.
    munna219777

Sourav Ganguly unfazed by potential ISL joinees affecting Atletico de Kolkata support base

Atletico de Kolkata's co-owner Sourav Ganguly on Thursday remained unfazed by speculation about the team's support base should city giants East Bengal and Mohun Bagan become part of ISL.

Indo-Asian News Service

on September 15, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Let that happen first we will see then I am only thinking about my club I am ATK Sourav Ganguly said  IANS
    “Let that happen first, we will see then. I am only thinking about my club. I am ATK,” Sourav Ganguly said © IANS

Kolkata: Indian Super League (ISL) franchise Atletico de Kolkata‘s co-owner Sourav Ganguly on Thursday remained unfazed by speculation about the team’s support base should traditional city giants East Bengal and Mohun Bagan become part of ISL. Rumours are rife about the city-based football powerhouses being inducted into ISL from next year. Reportedly, the All India Football Federation (AIFF) and its commercial and marketing partners Football Sports Development (FSDL) have mooted a plan to include them in ISL. Such a move could lessen the support base of ATK significantly as fans of the two established football clubs constitute the majority of its mass connect.

“Let that happen first, we will see then. I am only thinking about my club. I am ATK,” Ganguly said. “In the last semi-final we had around 75,000 people. See when Brazil play Argentina the stadium is automatically full. I am sure when Mohun Bagan take on ATK or East Bengal play us, there will be a lot of crowd in the stands.” Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan has reportedly shown an interest in sponsoring Mohun Bagan. Quizzed about the rumours, Ganguly said: “It will be good for the club. Anything that he (Shah Rukh) gets associated with is always the best.”

The former India cricket captain remained coy when asked about environmentalists questioning ATK’s decision to host ISL matches at the Rabindra Sarobar at night. Environmentalists say hosting matches at night under floodlights at the stadium can cause ecological hazards. MS Dhoni or Sourav Ganguly? Yuvraj Singh picks his best captain

A Public Interest Litigation (PIL) has been filed at the eastern zone bench of the National Green Tribunal by environmental activist Subhas Datta saying it was “a better option to hold the football matches during day hours”. He has pleaded with the bench the games should not be organised at night without proper environmental monitoring.

AshishKaul

The second edition of #ATK's official fan newsletter - ATKFF is out. Mr. Talukdar graced the occasion to unveil it.

AshishKaul
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I would still like to see the ATK ownership "merge" with one of EB and MB.
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7380 Points
    Looks unlikely, going by that article .
    munna219777
    IF IMG-R is ok with teams like FCPC and MCFC playing with less crowds, dont know why IMG-R will deny one from Kolkata in the future, in this case ATK .