Atletico de Kolkata News

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    I think it's not IMG-R, it's ADK who don't want to merge with MB/ EB. May be they thought the merger would be in the line of ISL 'merging' with I-league, which the clubs did not agree.
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points

Visit the Registration Desk at @QuestKolkata and join the #ATK brigade! Register at Rabindra Sarobar Stadium too

• Dada is right. Let that happen first. He knows that it is unlikely.
    deepakc
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    edited September 2016

Kolkata hails ATK’s renovation of Rabindra Sarobar Stadium as their new home!

rabindra-sarobar-stadium-track
    Kolkata hails ATK’s renovation of Rabindra Sarobar Stadium as their new home! .Image : Xtra Time

Kolkata : The season 3 of the Hero ISL will see a new home for Atletico de Kolkata as the first champions are renovating the Rabindra Sarobar Stadium to make that as their new home. XtraTime.in spoke to the leading dignitaries who have a long term relationship with the venue, regarding Atletico de Kolkata’s initiative to bring the old glory back to the stadium which is heritage on the context of Kolkata football. The followings are the excerpts:

Mudar Patherya (Environmentalist & Sarobar activist): The success of the Sarobar lies in reinventing itself from just being a morning walker s paradise into a multi activity hub. The more it can do this the  more people that will be attracted to this location and the mire vibrant South Kolkata will become. In this context the institution of Atletico de Kolkata matches needs to be welcomed.

Biswajit Bhattacharya (Former India Captain): We all should welcome ATK at Rabindra Sarobar. Sports stadiums will be allotted for sports, that is quite common. Who is Subhash Dutta? I have been associated with the lake for the last 40 years. Never seen him before. If he is that concerned about this subtle things, ask him to go to the jungle. We are happy that ATK is helping the stadium to bring back the glory and we should thank them for that.

Basudeb Mondal (Former Indian Captain): I feel ashamed with the way a few former footballers and that environmentalist are trying to stop this amazing initiative by ATK. I really don’t know what they exactly want!Probably they want to maintain the present atmosphere of the stadium to give ideal conditions to the couples to enjoy their time! It seems ridiculous to me. The players are getting benefited through ISL as they are getting the priceless opportunity to play with the stars of world football. I don’t think the environment will be troubled.Personally, I am supporting ATK for their initiative.

Prashanta Banerjee (Former India Captain): The last big match played here at the Rabindra Sarobar was back in the 70’s when India played Iran. Now-a-days a few local matches are played here. I have been associated to this venue from the age of 5. Actually the stadium is just opposite of Menoca Cinema Hall and the concern raised by that environmentalist, is at the Lille Pool Lake where we hardly see any bird these days coming from the other countries. We organize 5-a-side football tournaments here every season and that too under lights. No one complained as yet. I just want to plead the support from everyone for ATK. Please do not deceive the fans who love ATK and their brand of football. These are excuses and people should support them instead of “creating”such issues.

Geetanath Ganguly (Famous advocate): Eden Gardens too organize matches under lights. The surroundings of the cricket stadium too have similar conditions compare to the Rabindra Sarobar. We should remember the priority. We are football fans and we should let that happen. But on the flip side of it, we have to give importance to the environmental aspect as well. I hope the organizers will balance it to perfection to take the necessary steps to control the sound limit. I believe there shouldn’t be any

AshishKaulfootydip
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30182 Points
    Maybe all these people are right...we definitely need to strike a balance between environment and sports and stop harping on ecology just because going green is cool nowadays...however, I do not like the sanctimonious attitude taken by some of the former footballers...I particularly dislike Biswajit's comment about asking someone to go to the jungle...he may be associated with the lake for 40 years and Subhas Dutta might be a freak but that does not give him the right to speak in such language...I sincerely hope there is no special pleading and vested interest here...I would be happy to be proved wrong
  • samsam 16526 Points
    I don't see anything wrong in what Biswajit said. Fully support him. Who the hell is Subhas Dutta? As if he is the only person concerned about environment. Next he will ask switch off all the street lights in Southern Avenue. Ridiculous.  
    AshishKaulfootydipdeepakcred_devilmunna219777sanvedjadhav
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    Subhash Dutta should stop using wooden furniture, doors, papers. All from trees. He has forgotten that human beings are also part of environment. Well being of humans both physically and mentally should be an agenda of environmentalists.  :D
    I know my logics are weird, but you need weird logics to deny insane logics. 
    AshishKaulred_devilmunna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Just saw his picture, looks like a cunt.
    coolgaganred_devilsanvedjadhav
  • There is one Environmntal NGO Awaaz in Mumbai. They have problem with noise of AutoRickshaw. If you listen to them, all Autos from India will have to close down. They also filed petition to stop HIL matches in Mumbai because of Noise decibels in Hockey Stadium.
    I agree with the Environmental concerns but we also cannot take it to extreme.  They need to prove that how it will harm the Environment. Are they concerned about fireworks or lighting? Are there any critically endangered species of birds whose habitats will be disturbed?
    red_devil
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    My thing is that this is only a 1 season thing... 7-9 games MAX! Which means that the stadium will only be used for 7-9 days for the next 2-3 months... for 2-4 hours a night. Are you telling me that the environment can be destroyed completely in that area from a max 36 hours of nighttime use?
    munna219777AshishKaulDeb_Banred_devil